WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,869 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Have I mentioned my opinion of camping? Yeah, it's pretty much just pretending you're homeless. Not something I say much around Girl Scouts of any age.

Love y'all,
    Lisa

Funny ... I'm actually missing camping a little bit. :)

When we drive, we stay in the cabins in campgrounds most often, but when we are on a cycling tour, there's usually a mix of tent camping and cabins.

Sometimes I'm not keen on tent camping.
    • If I've been doing it several days in a row, my back starts to hurt sleeping on the ground.
    • If we've ended up in a busy campground, that's really annoying and I tend not to sleep well at all.
    • I also have trouble sleeping when we've bush camped (not in a campground). Some people have apparently found absolutely delightful places to bush camp, but for some reason I've never been so lucky. I've always ended up in places that make me nervous.

But sometimes I really enjoy tent camping.
    • I think back with fond memories to camping on farms in Wales surrounded by sheep. Some farms in Wales (and maybe other parts of the UK) will occasionally have a little sign on their gatepost which indicates that they allow people to camp on their land and they might even have an amenities block. :)
    • And I didn't mind dabbling in winter camping in a small campground in Alberta.
    • There's a campground on Goldeye Lake in Alberta, just in the Rockies that I'll never forget ... we stayed there a few days before we got married! We floated on the lake in a blow-up dingy. I ended up with wicked food poisoning from a Wendy's in Edmonton the day before. A massive storm came up in the night and a bolt of lightning struck really close by ... as in practically next to the tent. I had been lying there debating about making another dash to the outhouse when this bolt from above descended!! Lit up the tent and the immediate "CRACK" had us both sitting up and hugging each other!!!

And there's a place not too far from here I'd like to go back to. It's a small island. No motor vehicles are allowed (except one parks vehicle) and at night it is just you, your tent, a small handful of people, and heaps and heaps of animals. It was so lovely last time we went. :)

I think my husband would like it as well. But there are a couple things I'm concerned about. One is the ferry trip over. Sometimes it can be rough and I'm not sure how he'd be. The other thing is what if something happened ... a seizure or something. :neutral:

xdnjs095cym1.png
    rndlabtc5v1j.png
    q9pppews9owd.png

Machka in Oz

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Up to P45 phew not sure I'll catch up before the end of the month, but I'll try :)

Karen sending love to you, it is always hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet, but we do what we have to because we love them so :'(<3

Happy birthday to those celebrating and Happy Anniversary to Barbie and Jake

Going to get some dinner, before walking the doggie, I got a call from the vet earlier with the results of Leah's allergy testing. Seems she is allergic to quite a few things :( she'd like to discuss results and next step, so DD and I will go in later this afternoon to see what we can do = sounds expensive to me :/ but she is worth it >:)

Really going for dinner now - Love to all

Viv UK <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😀
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,091 Member
    Options
    Just back from Dancing. I really enjoyed it. The weather is foul at the minute, so planning an afternoon of reading and decluttering.

(((Hugs))) if you need them.
    Best Birthday Wishes to those celebrating.

Have a lovely day.

☘️ Terri
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Karen-I am soooo sorry about the loss of your fur baby.Sending lots of hugs and love to y’all.
    Debby in Va
  • Kidnp795
    Kidnp795 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Viv for the kind thoughts. After her not eating a bite on Tuesday, she wolfed down her breakfast and dinner yesterday. Took her pills (squished into some left-over Christmas cake - it's that Italian cake that stays good forever. It's usually sold in the weird shaped red box. I cannot think of the name of it). It's almost 0930, got her pills into her, nada on the dog-food. The cake has chocolate chips, and I know dogs are not supposed to eat chocolate, but she likes it. She's coming to the end, a bit of chocolate won't kill her - no pun intended.

If anybody has any suggestions to increase the appetite of an elderly min-pin, I'm all ears. She is currently getting Blue Buffalo dry for seniors - 1/4 cup twice a day. I was adding pumpkin, which she liked, but now doesn't. I then added unsweetened apple-sauce, which she liked, but now doesn't. I bought her moist Blue Buffalo 'dinners'. She can only tolerate about 1-2 teaspoons, or else it's diarrhea time.

Thanks,
    Karen
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Karencpnp795 ~ Hi! I'm in East Cobb county! My Pom is going through the same and we are just hoping for one more day for the last week.

Karen in VA ~ Continued good thoughts for you as you go through this sad time. I am glad that you still have the Yorkies. I know that when our Pom passes, that will be the last of our pets.

Tracey ~ I just plain don’t think I could live where the temp goes to -30 or lower. In Georgia, if it gets to 30* F we feel as if we are freezing. That’s a lot of sick time your union is allowing.

Rori ~ So glad you were able to get away for a day and that you enjoyed your lunch with friends. The bathroom color is very pretty!

Lucy ~ You have done a great job in losing weight. Enjoy cuddling the new baby.

Carol in GA
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Karen- I give my senior dog her dry food mixed with raw egg every other day. She likes yogurt and cottage cheese. I haven't tried pumpkin or applesauce. Also if I cook meat I will pull some before seasoning to add to her food. It is painful when they aren't eating well. Sara is Pyrenees so big, but down to 2 cups dry a day from 5. :( Like you I just want her senior days to be good.

<3
    Kylia
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Karen - Will they eat scrambled eggs? Minced (or ground) chicken with rice? I didn’t have a problem with my poodle eating, only drinking. I would put water on her food, which hacked her off because she wanted to eat, so she would lick all the water off so she could get to the food. Kept her from being dehydrated.

Okie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,547 Member
    Options
    I would like your opintion - may not change what i do but ya never know.

as you may or may not know, i run 2 hrm while i'm exercising. one is the apple watch that is on the wrist and other is a Wahoo hrm chest strap. as you also may know, the chest strap is always better for giving you the more accurate reading while doing your exercise. currently. i record the reading of what the chest strap reads and not what the apple watch reads, that's just informational for me. also, if one peters out, i use the other for back up as what to record.

the question i have for you is: would you record the HIGHER calorie burn or just do the wahoo as i have been doing,
    for example:

wachoo shows 216, apple watch shows 288 (which is rare, USUALLY the wahoo is always higher)

ROWING MACHINE- 40min, 49aw, 150mhr, 144mhr, 6261meters or 3.89mi= 216c
    apple watch- 288c

wachoo shows 106, apple watch shows 153

bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.24min, 145mhr, 11.1amph, 3.03mi= 153c
    apple watch- 106c
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    💖👍
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Well toothbrush in the toilet started getting worse so plumber even with him taking pity on our plight $175+ so wrote in receipt cause by JR flushing his toothbrush out it in the baby book! Will give it to him later when he says something dumb as a teenager lol.

Daughter never clogged anything luckily so guess I was due for a oopsie.

Amber Tx

Walking,calorie watching,y ordering what I lost in every divorce! My TOOLS! Judges never understood I was maintenance at some jobs I needed them for work they assumed the Men needed it more. 1 learned this was wrong but too late lost my skill saw to a few others. Luckily Dad marches in twice said this is mine y this y that showed his name etched on them or I’d have even less. Got his hand me downs back. Bought a toilet seat let’s hope he doesn’t pull this one off. A toilet auger y a sink snake. $75 but worth it if it unclogs anything even once! Ordered from HomeDepot
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Pip- I agree with Tina in CA. Or average them together .. just a thought.
    Like Barbie, I have a fitbit on my wrist and a little one on my hip. The wrist one sucks at step counting unless my arm is moving, so pushing or carrying it doesn't count, hence the one on hip. The one on hip has calorie burn on it, but I use wrist one for that since it actually takes my pulse.

Lots of great ideas!