What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Brisk walking, shoveling, hula hoop(just getting into this and it's fun), more shoveling..... :/
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Bit of a recovery day for me -- 55 minutes on the AD Pro Bike (Assault Bike). Averaged around 155 to 160 Watts pretty easily for the duration. HR never over 155, mostly in the high 130s and low 140s.

We had a colder (for us in Tucson) wet rain -- around 55 and damp. Didn't feel like rowing outside under the patio so just did the bike today.
  • Bari_Tone
    Bari_Tone Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Today at the office, for the first time and for some unknown reason, 5 young guys (twenty-somethings) decided to start doing 10 to 20 push-ups an hour (jerks! ha-ha). I can't keep up but I do what I can. I will be sore tomorrow.

Spin later this evening too...
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    45 min elliptical
  • georgsweet
    georgsweet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did an athletica session at F45!
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Shoulders and Arms

Did some landmine meadow’s rows, for 25lbs they kill my rear delta and rhomboids
    Standard sets of bicep curls, and OHPs and finished with some face pulls
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    45 min spin class

Me two.

Mine with 5 threshold intervals 3/5/7/5/3 with 2 min between.

Took a couple weeks off from tracking all this and back to daily weigh ins this am. 16 down....7 to go and then I'm at maintenance. Woot! Woot!

Exercise (yay!) + alcohol restriciction (Boo!) + tracking = weight loss.

Took a break on alcohol restriction between holidays and NFL playoffs but my team lost Sunday....so out of excuses and back to it.
  • ktlynn447
    ktlynn447 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    40 minute pyramid workout on the max trainer
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    1 mile run, 1 mile walk. Will probably do yoga later for stretching.
  • tartanshep
    tartanshep Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ran 5km, and then cycled for another 5km (gym). Got my 5km run down to 36 minutes. I know this is bad lol!! But I can do it !!

Also, going to do a Zumba video when I get home tonight.
  • RunFastLiveLong
    RunFastLiveLong Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    As I work on getting back to weightlifting and increasing weight, managed to get to work gym -

Bike
    Bench 3 sets 10
    Squat 3 sets 10
    Deadlift 3 sets 10
    Elliptical

• RunFastLiveLong
    RunFastLiveLong Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    4km run to work, 4km back then an 8km cycle with my kids bike trailer. I will also cycle home.. So will cycle another 8km. Total time 20 + 20 + 30 + 30 = 1hr40

I continually find that cycling does great things for my running !
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to try a new pilates class. Elliptical in the afternoon!
  • Viktorija34
    Viktorija34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys are amazing. I feel I am not exercising enough after reading some of the comments.

Today I did:

20 min fast walking on the treadmill
    2000meters on the rower (12min)
    5k on the stationary bicycle (13min) and that's it.

So 45min in total...
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Wow, you guys are amazing. I feel I am not exercising enough after reading some of the comments.

Today I did:

So 45min in total...

That's pretty awesome what you did today. It's all relative. I've been at this a while -- 10 years of harder exercise and 8 years on maintenance. Some of what you see on here is also people that have been training for years and years. There was a time that walking a mile was hard for me.

Today, 7K Warmup on the rower. Had to turn in a Timed Test on the rower for my Indoor (virtual) rowing team. Had to do 1K, 2 minute rest, 520m, one minute rest, then 500m sprint. Average pace was 1:55 something (7:47 total time). Then did a 1K Cool Down to make 50K meters for the week again.

My paces still aren't great (for me) but they are ever so slowly improving. First 1K was OK, not great but not terrible. It was mostly the last 500m that killed my average, so nothing that more cardio work shouldn't fix. Had I not died on the last 500, I might have gotten the average down closer to 1:53 or 1:52.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Back to the gym after tweaking my elbow, sticking with legs/abs until my elbow is better.

25 minutes elliptical
    4 sets squats
    3 sets deadlifts
    4 sets bridges
    3 sets decline crunches
    3 sets side bends
    2 sets leg raises
  • purplechic
    purplechic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Brisk hike on the trails for 1 hour. It was good to get out even if only for 1 hour!
  • Viktorija34
    Viktorija34 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Today I did:

So 45min in total...

That's pretty awesome what you did today. It's all relative. I've been at this a while -- 10 years of harder exercise and 8 years on maintenance. Some of what you see on here is also people that have been training for years and years. There was a time that walking a mile was hard for me.

Today, 7K Warmup on the rower. Had to turn in a Timed Test on the rower for my Indoor (virtual) rowing team. Had to do 1K, 2 minute rest, 520m, one minute rest, then 500m sprint. Average pace was 1:55 something (7:47 total time). Then did a 1K Cool Down to make 50K meters for the week again.

My paces still aren't great (for me) but they are ever so slowly improving. First 1K was OK, not great but not terrible. It was mostly the last 500m that killed my average, so nothing that more cardio work shouldn't fix. Had I not died on the last 500, I might have gotten the average down closer to 1:53 or 1:52.

That is very impressive! Well done you!
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    5k walk around the neighborhood
    + 10 squats, 15 second plank, 10 pushups (the "girl" ones) every 8-12 minutes for 3 hours <--during commercials of a sports show that I watch
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    75 min spin bike. Easy zone 3 intervals. Not quite recovery but easy aerobic.