January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Great to have you back, @PastorVincent .
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,373 Member
    @autumnblade75 - doesn't the cotton gear get sweat soaked and chafe? I pretty much won't run in anything cotton for that reason. I had some cotton UA singlets but they soaked up the sweat and got heavy and then chafed so bad under my arms.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    edited January 2020
    I needed to get in 3 miles today but a snow/rain combination has been coming down all morning and it was to slippery. It's supposed to last until 3PM so I will try to get it in later after J's hockey game. I just hate running unless it's first thing in the morning.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Yay glad to see you back @PastorVincent even if it sounds like you are coughing up a lung.

The leggings I wear are UA heat gear, and I wear them all year round. I just find them comfortable and love the feel of the fabric, so soft. I actually wear the "girls" size M because they fit the best. I can't stand any sagging or loose fit anywhere. I think they are technically a little small (thank god for stretch) but since the large sags in annoying places, medium it is.

And I think im the only woman alive who can't stand high waisted leggings. I want hip riders, anything that's long enough to hit my navel I start feeling really uncomfortable while running. No idea why. And actually, I couldn't wear maternity pants that went over the bump either, I felt so restricted, like I couldnt breath properly. Same feeling when I'm on a run. So this latest fashion for high waisted leggings is so frustrating!

I also have the Nike drifit socks, 1 pair of Balega and a couple of ancient (I'm guessing 9 years old?) hole proof running socks that still have no holes! The Balega are my favourites, the Nike are great, don't move or anything, and the hole proof are like old friends, literally moulded to my feet now.

Tops, I have some cheap Kmart tanks that are great I have a Puma and Nike tank that are also great, but not more superior to the Kmart ones. So the Kmart wins because $3 for something I bought 2 years ago and is still going strong will always win, but the Nike and Puma were things I won in a competition last year and love as well. I understand the difference, the brand names are slightly more comfortable and definitely keep my dryer but not enough to make me choose those over the others.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    1/1 - 3.25
    1/2 - 0
    1/3 - 3
    1/4 - 5.25
    1/5 - 18.2
    1/6 - (3.00 trail walking)
    1/7 - 3.0
    1/8 - 3.00 + (1 trail walking)
    1/9 - 12.5 + (.5 trail walking)
    1/10- 3.0
    1/11- 10.2
    1/12- 6.0
    1/13- 3.0
    1/14- 0
    1/15- 6.4 + (3.5 trail walking)
    1/16- 4.2
    1/17- 3.0 + (.5 trail walking)
    1/18- 9.6

= 93.6 out of 140 running & 8.5 trail walking
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Dog people. Virtual canicross race. This is the group that hosts the races speed demon and i do. The director is trying really hard and doing well expanding canicross in the US.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @rheddmobile oh hugs you are right, we really have no idea what it's like elsewhere. I feel so safe down here in my little country so far away from everything. It's a good reminder of what actually goes on.

@shanaber thank you for your reply, I like the suggestion of a friend, she does have one who is fairly active, maybe I can encourage her to help out? Will see.
    My biggest aim will be to open her eyes to portions. That will be a huge thing for her, and a really simple way of starting off. I hope your husband wakes up too. Its so hard watching the ones we love deny like that.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,885 Member
    @rheddmobile Glad your friend's dad was able to get the supplies he needed and is doing okay. I can't imagine how hard it is to try to carry on with everyday life in a war zone. Those of us who aren't are more blessed than we realize.

@Avidkeo Hope things go well with you mum. It is hard to make lifestyle changes, especially when you aren't really convinced you need to. Hopefully the friend will walk with her and she'll see that she feels better and wants to do more...and portion control. That's a hard one. Hope you can help her with that too. My dad was told last year that he has diabetes, but doesn't have to take medicine. He will NOT tell people he has it or he will say he's borderline. It really isn't too bad. We're trying to control it by watching what he eats, but that's hard because he loves sweets and carbs. However, he will be 88 in a couple of weeks, so we aren't going to tell him he can't have the things he loves. We just want him to cut back on the amount.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,626 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Yay glad to see you back @PastorVincent even if it sounds like you are coughing up a lung.

The leggings I wear are UA heat gear, and I wear them all year round. I just find them comfortable and love the feel of the fabric, so soft. I actually wear the "girls" size M because they fit the best. I can't stand any sagging or loose fit anywhere. I think they are technically a little small (thank god for stretch) but since the large sags in annoying places, medium it is.

And I think im the only woman alive who can't stand high waisted leggings. I want hip riders, anything that's long enough to hit my navel I start feeling really uncomfortable while running. No idea why. And actually, I couldn't wear maternity pants that went over the bump either, I felt so restricted, like I couldnt breath properly. Same feeling when I'm on a run. So this latest fashion for high waisted leggings is so frustrating!

I also have the Nike drifit socks, 1 pair of Balega and a couple of ancient (I'm guessing 9 years old?) hole proof running socks that still have no holes! The Balega are my favourites, the Nike are great, don't move or anything, and the hole proof are like old friends, literally moulded to my feet now.

Tops, I have some cheap Kmart tanks that are great I have a Puma and Nike tank that are also great, but not more superior to the Kmart ones. So the Kmart wins because $3 for something I bought 2 years ago and is still going strong will always win, but the Nike and Puma were things I won in a competition last year and love as well. I understand the difference, the brand names are slightly more comfortable and definitely keep my dryer but not enough to make me choose those over the others.

I hear you about the high waisted clothing - we shopping for shorts yesterday, every single pair was high waisted. Not only do I not like the look, but I have no waist, so find them incredibly uncomfortable. If I try something that fits my waist, it's super oversized on my hips and bottom. Bring back hipster pants/jeans/shorts/trousers!!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @Camaramandy648 I’m sorry about all of the tough stuff with which you are dealing. *hugs*

@eleanorhawkins Glad you are feeling better. My husband worries I am going to die running too anytime he hears about something happening to someone in the act of exercising.

I got in 4.5 today. I never know with being on call how much I will be able to do. I plan to try to get in 6 tomorrow, even if I have to break it up to fit around everything else.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @rheddmobile WOW! Glad that worked out!

@Avidkeo Good luck with your mum. That is tough :(