March "No more late night snacking"

Options
zaza54
zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
Good morning and welcome to a new month and a new challenge! I hope to see many of the regulars from the past couple months.

For those new to this challenge, select a cut-off time after which you will not consume anything caloric. Mine happens to be 9:30 p.m. because I don't usually go to bed before 11:30 or midnight. I allow myself a later cut-off time of 11:30 p.m. for special occasions/week-end nights out since I don't usually go out until later. You have to be reasonable and realistic for this to work. Choose what is best for you.

Then keep track of each consecutive night that you do not have anything caloric after your personal cut-off time. The person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights on March 31 wins the month of March. We will also recognize as a co-winner the person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights anytime within the month of March.

Since some of us fall off the proverbial wagon and have to start all over at Day 1 every time we go past our cut-off time, anyone can join this challenge at any time.

Good luck everyone!!! The March challenge has now officially begun.

Replies

• zaza54
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to a new month and a new challenge! I hope to see many of the regulars from the past couple months.

For those new to this challenge, select a cut-off time after which you will not consume anything caloric. Mine happens to be 9:30 p.m. because I don't usually go to bed before 11:30 or midnight. I allow myself a later cut-off time of 11:30 p.m. for special occasions/week-end nights out since I don't usually go out until later. You have to be reasonable and realistic for this to work. Choose what is best for you.

Then keep track of each consecutive night that you do not have anything caloric after your personal cut-off time. The person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights on March 31 wins the month of March. We will also recognize as a co-winner the person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights anytime within the month of March.

Since some of us fall off the proverbial wagon and have to start all over at Day 1 every time we go past our cut-off time, anyone can join this challenge at any time.

Good luck everyone!!! The March challenge has now officially begun.
  • holstroh
    holstroh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Evening/night is the worst time for me. This just might be the incentive I need to stick with it!
  • phatphanny
    Options
    This too is my downfall...I have normally consumed the majority of my daily calories after suppertime...this is going to be the hardest "lifestyle" change to make for me...along with the drinking water...
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I'm in - my cut off time is 8 pm.. I am usually in bed reading around 10:30, so this will be a bit of a challenge.. I get a bad case of sweet tooth just before bed.

Thanks for setting this challenge up.. very helpful.

jb
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    My cut off time is 9:00 PM.

So, if we mess up do we have to fess up?

:explode: :bigsmile: :laugh: :explode:
  • claireashby
    Options
    oh im in my cut off is 8 as on a work night im in bed by 9.30 to read so 8 pm it is!

so after 8pm one night we tell all yeh?
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am totally in on this. This is guarenteed my biggest fallouts. That wonderful late night temptation of my pantry calling my name :mad:

I'm in. I'm going to make my cut off time 8pm. After I work out and because I don't usually go to bed until 11:30.

Good luck to everyone!
  • josoleil
    josoleil Posts: 17
    Options
    :embarassed: Ok I have been cut, my weakness. A perfect challenge for me . My time will be 8 pm,I'm usually in bed by 10pm. Thank you zaza54 for a great challenge.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My cut off time is 9:00 PM.

So, if we mess up do we have to fess up?

:explode: :bigsmile: :laugh: :explode:
    Yes Kathy - you have to fess up :tongue:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Weeknight cutoff will be 8:00 p.m. and weekends 9:00.

Have a great afternoon / evening. Remember, drink water if you feel like snacking. I drink hot water in the evenings - it's comforting for me.

Esther
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    I am in this month too!!! to Last month was great for me and I could not believe how much better I did. Instead of losing 1lb per week, I lost 1.5. That's 50% more weight lost because I planned my day to make sure that I was getting all of my calories in and that I would not be hungry.

Also, I think knowing that I would have to tell was great for motivation!!

Thanks zaza for keeping this up:flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile: :smooched:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am in this month too!!! to Last month was great for me and I could not believe how much better I did. Instead of losing 1lb per week, I lost 1.5. That's 50% more weight lost because I planned my day to make sure that I was getting all of my calories in and that I would not be hungry.

Also, I think knowing that I would have to tell was great for motivation!!

Thanks zaza for keeping this up:flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile: :smooched:

That's amazing. And very motivational! Thanx Keri
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    OK - 8 pm and I am done...

Can we do decafe tea with nothing added?? Kind of like water..

jb
  • zaza54
    Options
    Decaf tea is fine - no calories in that!
    Welcome to so many newcomers!:flowerforyou:
    Hello also to friends from last month and earlier.kerimcdonald, your success at losing more weight on this challenge is very inspirational. Will help to keep us all going.

I just made a healthy and filling dinner so I don't think I'll have a problem meeting the challenge tonight. Good luck everyone. I'm so excited that everyone is so enthusiastic!! i just know we're all going to do great.
    Zaza
  • annathelu
    annathelu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I get the "must have something sweet" after dinner craving every night. This is a good idea, though, to help stave that off. I'm also attempting to give up sugar for lent. I ate ice cream last night (late-night snack), but I'm starting again with it.

Thanks for helping us be accountable.
  • zaza54
    Options
    Hi-
    I quickly scanned some of the Feb. No late night snacking posts and it looks like kirstina_23 won February for a record of 14 days with no late-night snacking.:flowerforyou: Congratulations!! There are several others who came close to that - I think jacqueline, kerimcdonald, Wanda and alf1163. Great work!!!

I'm not sure who won for the most consecutive nights as of Mar. 1. I was at Day 5, but I'm sure there are some of you out there who had more. Let me know so you can join kirstina as co-winner for Feb.

Hang in there everyone and let's do even better in March!:happy:
    Zaza
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    So it is 9:30 and I have totally broke my day 1. I had a very rough day at work and it was my first day at work after 3.5 months and 6 foot surgeries. My feet are so swollen, I can't fit them into shoes and I have to soak them in ice water which really hurts. No lie, I ate 1 of every snack in the house. I feel better, but I feel worse. I am so glad I could be completely honest though, because even my husband doesn't understand why, after 3 months of not going over my calories, I could feel bad about tonight. I know I'm not the only one though. Tomorrow will be my night 1. Thanks everyone! I am so glad I joined this group.
  • Islandgirl74
    Islandgirl74 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am in! Cutoff is 8:30 weekdays and 9:30 weekends.
  • josoleil
    josoleil Posts: 17
    Options
    :bigsmile: Good morning I don't know if you start a new message everyday but I very happy to tell you that I meet my goal. Nothing enter my mouth after 7pm, I kept busy doing decorative painting. Have a great day:flowerforyou:
  • kristinfrederiksen
    Options
    I would like to join this group! I seem to have a huge problem with late night snacks. I'm just waiting for the day when I actually start eating in my sleep... My cut off time will be 7:00 pm as I am usually in bed by 8:00 on weeknights. For the weekend, I will have a cutoff time of 8:00 pm. Thanks!
    Kristin