WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    The family ask, why more tests. Response - we have to make sure he did not have the flu. We are all still wondering if the industry just wants to continue pushing the flu vaccine to the entire population and not just those at risk. Why would we need to make sure it wasn't the flu when medical issues could have probably filled an entire filing cabinet.

Working in the field of health statistics, I actually do understand why they would want to test for the flu. :confused:

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

starting to slowww jog

bike ride hm 2 gym, windy- 9.05min, 131mhr, 10.5amph, 1.58mi= 53c
    apple watch- 57c
    treadmill SLOW jog- 26.08min, 13.04min mi, 127ahr, 140mhr, 4.6-4.8sp, 1incl, 2MI= 221c
    apple watch- 265c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.45min, 152mhr, 15.4amph, 1.47mi= 55c
    apple watch- 50c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.43min, 145mhr, 10.9amph, 3.03mi= 143c
    apple watch- 107c
    really slow jog sta 2 wrk- 6.30min, 11.14min mi, 147mhr, .57mi= 75c
    apple watch- 67c
    jog wrk 2 sta sprinkles- 5.07min, 11.19min mi, 147mhr, .45mi= 57c
    apple watch- 64c
    bike ride dome 2 hm, rain- 22.19min, 6.9amph, 145mhr, 2.58mi= 194c
    apple watch- 145c

total cal 798
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Kidnp795
    Kidnp795 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Too adorable!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - There must be loads of different singing groups on your island. It would be so great for you to be singing and sharing that blessing with others. It's the best medicine! We love ours and we only stumbled on the classical session by accident! We really went for the Pleasure section, but stayed on to see what the classical was like. I absolutely love all of it. Any kind of singing is worth it, even if it's not quite your style. Just give it a go. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    I am up having my tea... and yuck I feel awful.. think im fighting off a cold, after a 10 hr work day today and another 5.5 today.. I think I will just come home do a load of laundry. and relax...
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    The family ask, why more tests. Response - we have to make sure he did not have the flu. We are all still wondering if the industry just wants to continue pushing the flu vaccine to the entire population and not just those at risk. Why would we need to make sure it wasn't the flu when medical issues could have probably filled an entire filing cabinet.

Working in the field of health statistics, I actually do understand why they would want to test for the flu. :confused:

Machka in Oz

Hi Machka.

I understand too. However, testing for it once a day even after brain death is just questionable to me. And, in the States there is way too much lobbying by the pharmaceutical companies. Every new drug is over advertised and pushed here - hm, could it be because we have some of the highest drug prices in the world and the developers want to recoup?

The general opinion of the friends close to the situation is in order to "prove" to everyone, regardless of health, situation, risk, etc., should get the flu shot. If he had the flu he would have been another flu death to add to that statistic. Or maybe it was just another way medical bills are padded here. I am simply glad the family forced the issue and let the poor man's body go.

I am getting closer and closer to the magic number and will one day have to consider additional vaccines. I am grateful every day for my health and am well aware that can change in a heartbeat. And, like many here evaluate their needs, talk to their doctors and make informed decisions of what is best for them.

I haven't seen much on the news about the fires as the trial is taking up news time. Are things getting under control? Hopefully the rain dampened things a bit.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    9da8pshbxhjt.jpeg

Pip - I love this picture.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    And, in the States there is way too much lobbying by the pharmaceutical companies. Every new drug is over advertised and pushed here

That's true ... I was actually shocked at all the pharmaceutical advertising on TV in the US!!

I haven't seen much on the news about the fires as the trial is taking up news time. Are things getting under control? Hopefully the rain dampened things a bit.

Trial?

Most of the fires are under control although some flare up now and then. Some areas are experiencing floods now. That often happens after a fire season.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/topic/bushfire
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-19/australia-bushfire-carnage-from-above/11879534

https://www.abc.net.au/news/topic/floods

Machka in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Top of the mornin to ya! I have a very welcome ME day today as DH left at 7.45am to meet up with his birding pals. Looks like it will be mostly dry today so I think I'll walk to the local shops before lunch, then maybe do some patchwork after lunch. I do relish these 'please yourself' days when I can just follow my whims.

Rebecca & Heather: I do love to sing. I was almost always involved with singing groups until a few years ago. I was having difficulties with my sinuses and throat, and was advised by my doctor that the regular concentrated singing was exacerbating the problem. I still sing quite a lot, but no rehearsals or performances anymore. And I haven't had any problems since. I think it may have been a little stress related, to be honest, as I probably over-rehearsed in my desire not to let people down, especially when I had a solo performance coming up. I was never a professional singer. Just did it because I loved singing, and if people asked me to perform, I did. 😂

Well, gotta go shopping or I won't be back before lunchtime.

☘️ Terri
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Just read through all of the posts for the week!

Vaccines-I get tetanus, had one pneumonia vaccine. Stopped getting flu vaccine a few years ago after I developed hives. Have had one sinus infection since then. Have noticed this year everyone around me at work getting sick with all of the stuff going around. I have dodged all of it. I think eating right (most of the time) and exercise makes a difference.

Diaries-never been much on them. Had one when I was young but lost its allure after a couple of weeks.

May have a bit of snow here today. Going to get shopping done and then settle in to home projects. Want to get an outside walk in today. I am thinking if there is light snow it would be nice to walk then.

Trainer gave me new exercises Monday. Went 4 days this week. During a couple of stressful days at work I found myself thinking "I'll be working out soon." Not only does it help me feel stress relief while exercising but looking forward to it seems to help me mentally chill a bit.

Time to decide on meals for the week. SIL will be making her weekly call soon, then the day begins.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Finally caught up. Interesting discussions re sweeteners, organic foods. My kids were fed on whatever we were having. DD is vegetarian, since her teens. DS is giving veganism a whirl. DH still loves his meat and veg, plain cooking. Although he does eat more fruit now, he only eats twice a day.

Kate UK <3