JANUARY 2020 WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE😀😀****

Replies

• holli1ch
    holli1ch Posts: 673 Member
    @holli1ch why would you be disappointed? You have reached your goal, it's great!!! Even a little loss is still a loss! You went so far in just this one month! 13 lbs! Wow!
    You should be very proud of yourself! 💕

I was looking for -15 for the month.
  • YC1995
    YC1995 Posts: 34 Member
    edited January 2020
    holli1ch wrote: »
    Jan start Weight: 218
    Jan Goal Weight: 205
    Ultimate Goal Weight:150

Jan 01: 218
    Jan 08: 212
    Jan 15: 209
    Jan 22: 207
    Jan 29: 205 Disappointing
    Jan 31:

A 2 lb loss is far better than nothing and miles and away better than a 2 lb gain. Hang in there, friend! Sending you resilience and determination.

P.S Just realized that you've actually reached your goal! Why disappointed? Take every opportunity to celebrate!!! Wahhooo!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,930 Member
    YC1995 wrote: »

Jan 31:

A 2 lb loss is far better than nothing and miles and away better than a 2 lb gain. Hang in there, friend! Sending you resilience and determination.

P.S Just realized that you've actually reached your goal! Why disappointed? Take every opportunity to celebrate!!! Wahhooo!

So much THIS @holli1ch! You set a goal at the beginning of the month, and you made good progress and got to your goal. That isn't disappointing; it's AWESOME. Celebrate, don't beat yourself up. This is what success looks like. Guess what? You can set a new goal for February! You lost over three pounds a week (13 pounds in a week and a day). Most folks would say that is too aggressive. Even with a fair bit still to lose, a goal of two pounds a week is even pretty big, and probably not sustainable. Small steps over time will get you to you ULTIMATE goal of 150. You can do this, but not as fast as you might like. In fact, going slow may be a better indicator of success, because if you get disappointed from success, you might throw in the towel and quit. If you do that, you will certainly NOT get to your goal.

So celebrate January. It's a tough month, and you hit your goal! And you've been really steady week after week. This is great! How about 195 for the end of February? That puts you SQUARELY in ONEderland, and you can celebrate THAT too!
  • holli1ch

Jan 31:

Thanks for the encouragement. I was hoping for -15 for the month. I do celebrate this victory.
  • holli1ch

Jan 31:

So much THIS @holli1ch! You set a goal at the beginning of the month, and you made good progress and got to your goal. That isn't disappointing; it's AWESOME. Celebrate, don't beat yourself up. This is what success looks like. Guess what? You can set a new goal for February! You lost over three pounds a week (13 pounds in a week and a day). Most folks would say that is too aggressive. Even with a fair bit still to lose, a goal of two pounds a week is even pretty big, and probably not sustainable. Small steps over time will get you to you ULTIMATE goal of 150. You can do this, but not as fast as you might like. In fact, going slow may be a better indicator of success, because if you get disappointed from success, you might throw in the towel and quit. If you do that, you will certainly NOT get to your goal.

So celebrate January. It's a tough month, and you hit your goal! And you've been really steady week after week. This is great! How about 195 for the end of February? That puts you SQUARELY in ONEderland, and you can celebrate THAT too!

Thank you for being a cheerleader. I am celebrating this victory I was just hoping for a -15 for the month of January. I am not giving up just determined to stay more focused.
  • MaliarOksana
    MaliarOksana Posts: 90 Member
    @holli1ch you are still very close! And also it's very important to remember, it's a journey, not the marathon. It takes some time for sure, I tend to get very impatient, so have to remind myself about it everyday. My weight is very close to yours, I'd love to lose 15lbs next month, but I'll be happy if I lose even 6-8, will be great to be in 100's again 😊
  • MaliarOksana
    MaliarOksana Posts: 90 Member
    @Jdubdub7 great loss😊
  • holli1ch
    @holli1ch you are still very close! And also it's very important to remember, it's a journey, not the marathon. It takes some time for sure, I tend to get very impatient, so have to remind myself about it everyday. My weight is very close to yours, I'd love to lose 15lbs next month, but I'll be happy if I lose even 6-8, will be great to be in 100's again 😊

Thank you for the encouragement.
  • Jdubdub7
    Jdubdub7 Posts: 14 Member
    @Jdubdub7 great loss😊

Thank ya thank ya!!
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Jan start Weight: 59.7 kg
    Jan Goal Weight: 58 kg
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 54 kg

Jan1 : 59.7 kg
    Jan 8: 58.7 kg
    Jan15: 58.4 kg
    Jan 22: 57.7 kg
    Jan 29: 56.8 kg
    Jan 31: 56.8 kg

So yay a successful month, lost almost 3 kg so pretty happy with myself. Thank you group for the support!
  • lazycat2018
    lazycat2018 Posts: 1,728 Member
    Jan start Weight: 150 lbls
    Jan Goal Weight: 145
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135

Jan1 : 150
    Jan 8: 149
    Jan15: 148
    Jan 22: 148.5
    Jan 29: 145.5 (😀)
    Jan 31: 145.5

Not quite my goal but in general I am happy with January. Next weigh up in February ☺