WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    HeatherUK- our home is also mainly wood. Any changes are difficult for us to make together. I want a new couch for living room. We can't agree on anything! The funny thing is, he rarely sits in there-grumble. We have oak cabinets in kitchen that I want changed. I think the change may just be hardware added. I will try to find just a couple of options then present them to my husband. I will say that after Sara passes (my senior dog), we ARE getting new carpet throughout. Most of the carpets are from 1990s. They are past due! That will be a fun decision. I know not too light and not too dark. I probably ought to start looking now :D

Ginny-you aren't kidding about the expense of insurance! It is really bad as a really small business. We looked at HSA plans as money saving for company, but it didn't save much for us. We are traditional too. Your comment about age difference made sense to me.

<3
    Kylia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Will take the Power Hour class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a downloadable spinning workout.

M – please take care of yourself. Get better fast

I portioned out my Cheerios last night but found out that I really shouldn’t do that down here. Even one day and they are a bit soggy. Not so bad that I can’t eat them.

Tracey – after Rodger acknowledges that you were right, does he at least try to change his diet? Vince doesn’t. He keeps eating the same old thing only it has to be from a different batch, etc. He doesn’t know that many times it isn’t, I just tell him it is.

Kylia – in some ways it seems when I’m down here I’m almost constantly busy. Vince likes to stay home and relax. To him, that’s a good vacation. I like to experience new things

Viv – do you know that we have a small piece of baseboard that came off in the kitchen quite a few years ago and it’s STILL not put back. You have no idea how many times I’ve mentioned it to Vince. It probably would only take 5 minutes to glue it back, but it STILL isn’t done. Most of the flooring in our house is light wood. I wish I could find a cleaner that would repel water marks for a long time. Lovely flooring

Allie – I repeat…doesn’t Dan have two feet????? If you keep dropping him off/picking him up, where is the incentive to get a new car?

Sue – this is the first time in a long, long, long time that we’ve been on city water. For over 30 years we’ve had a well. It’s such a good feeling to take a shower and the water pressure doesn’t change if you have the washer/dishwasher going at the same time.

I forgot how much I sweat down here. I know it’s because of the humidity. So I’m going to take two water bottles with me to exercise today

Oh, Vince is going to see if they need a sub for the bowling here. I hope they do, it'll make him feel good. While he's bowling, I'll probably bowl a few games myself.

Later ladies.

Michele in FL who will lay I the sun later. I REFUSE to go home white
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Oh, I was right. A rocket did go up the other night. There was a headline in the paper yesterday "did it go up". It was scheduled to go up around 11, which is around the time I heard it. It went up too late to make the deadline.

Michele in rocket country
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I portioned out my Cheerios last night but found out that I really shouldn’t do that down here. Even one day and they are a bit soggy. Not so bad that I can’t eat them.

Sue – this is the first time in a long, long, long time that we’ve been on city water. For over 30 years we’ve had a well. It’s such a good feeling to take a shower and the water pressure doesn’t change if you have the washer/dishwasher going at the same time.

Later ladies.

Michele in FL who will lay I the sun later. I REFUSE to go home white

Try putting your portioned Cheerios in the fridge. It should keep them from getting stale. Either that or toss all the portioned bags into a Tupperware bowl.

On showers with a well, We don't have that problem because we have a large holding tank. We can shower while doing laundry and running the dishwasher with no problems. We added the holding tank after we bought the house. Best money we ever spent!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • kymarai
    Options
    Allie- I agree with Michele. Dan is an adult. He makes his life's choices. It seems to me that if you keep making the consequences easier, he isn't going to change. Maybe there are more circumstances that we are unaware of, but enabling bad choices doesn't seem to be ideal for you or him. Our granddaughter (16) missed the bus twice coming home (too busy with boyfriend to pay attention I am sure) The second time, daddy told her she walks if there is a next time. She is a little over a mile from home so not really an issue, but boundary set. Hugs as you deal with son and work.
    <3
    Kylia
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kylia I hope you're not coming down with something! I was thinking about Sue's hot water heater situation and your comment on recovery time. We really like our tankless hot water heater. The initial outlay for Sue would be considerably more, but in the long run, it's hard to beat a propane tankless hot water heater, especially if combined with a recirculating pump. The hot water is always hot, instant, & endless, and there is no recovery time. Ours has paid for itself via energy efficiency and water saved.

VivUK VERY pretty flooring! It looks perfect! What is installed in the toe kicks? It's intriguing.

Heather I'm envious of people that can DYI-decorate-on-a-dime. I know a woman in Charlottesville, a ceramics/pottery artist, whose house is whimsical & charming due to her creative talent. (Big sigh.)

NYKAREN Your prepared dinners & Star Trek plans with your husband will chase those wet grey days away! We have wet grayness here to, which we are planning to dispel with our sunny Lilliana!

Irish Terri Duvet Day! Sounds lovely. Would love to see some of your old skating photos.

animated-ice-skating-image-0039.gif

animated-ice-skating-image-0040.gif

>>>

Lilly won't be here for a couple of hours so I'm off to get all my chores out of the way! xoxo

Karen in Virginia
  • kymarai
    Options
    Allie- sounds like a plan!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    animated-ice-skating-image-0039.gif

animated-ice-skating-image-0040.gif
    :)Karen in VA, I love these images so I've saved them to use again. Thank you.

:) We have a retirement income that is sufficient for us. We spend on health insurance, healthy eating, pets, and cable TV rather than travel, clothing, gift giving, or home remodeling.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: My doctor suggested a daily glass of red wine. I had one yesterday. I don’t plan to have one on a daily basis. Too easy to over do it. :embarassed:

Karen in VA: The only postpartum misery I remember was extremely sore breasts from mastitis. I managed that with help from the ob-gyn. My mom knew nothing about breast feeding, but she came and stayed with us and took care of our son when DH & I both came down with a nasty flu. When we were well enough she went home and came down with the same nasty flu. Ah, the good old days. . .. :wink:

Pip: We have a wool rug with a similar design as the one your sweet pup is resting on. :star:

A plumber came to install our new faucets in the kitchen. His price quote was exorbitant, so DH sent him away. He plans to do it himself. He has the skill but I worry about his strength and agility. I plan to give him the help I can. If we need to hire someone, we will. Plumbers are more expensive than I ever imagined. :noway: I have a city meeting this evening. I’ve read all the materials and will review them again before I go.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Barbara: I'm going to get your quote tatooed somewhere: "this rage serves no useful purpose, only makes others feel bad and me sick." :|;) Wise wise woman!!!

NYKAREN
  • kymarai
    Options
    Barbara- Verizon quit supporting 3G service the end of December. My husband not happy! His new flip phone is different. The 4G reception not as good as the 3G was even with a new phone. I have read that several carriers are dropping 3G support. And RANT away! I rant everytime I have to deal with Verizon for husband. I am with att.

You are right, yeast bloom is a hard way to learn to eat better. I am not a happy female today. I just want to cry. No new changes, just tired and weepy.

Lunch over. Time to get back to work.

Thank you for listening to me whine.
    <3
    Kylia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    :heart: