WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,914 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Machka- favorite cardio is dance! Second is walking/hiking.

I keep saying that one day I might like to learn to dance. :)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    m19014.gif

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,719 Member
    Options
    slept well.. and having my tea.. dropping Alfie off at Toms for play date will pick him up after work..
    Rori~ we havent had that kind of snow in probably 10 yrs.. and im keeping my mouth shut because the NE has been mostly quiet.
    Lisa~ your quiet..
    Taylor the dear girl who did the recreation at nursing home got a new job,my DFIL was her favorite.. I told her when she left to take his picture with her.. she just loved him.. I have to say the men that are there are adorable..
    10 days till we leave.. for Peru I did pack mask and gloves as we will be at the atlanta airport and with all this craziness going on I dont want to catch anything
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Saturday!
    Major leg cramps woke me up-ugh! More snow coming in, but only another inch or so.

Machka- I didn't say I dance well :D I just love it. I put on music at home and dance. I would love to learn ballroom. Husband has no rhythm and no desire. We have danced maybe 7 times including our wedding. At some point I would love to find an adult ballet class. I took ballet up to Pointe when I was a child along with tap. When I lived in the Philippines, I learned square dancing, round dancing,, and clogging. My ex is a square dance caller still. I still love to dance with everyone at weddings and parties. That reminds me of my first high school dance. I asked a friend how you get a guy to ask you to dance. She said sit on the bleachers and move with the music. After a few great songs, I got brave. I walked up to a group of guys and asked who wanted to dance! My friend was horrified! I ended up dancing all night with a great partner. I follow well. Lots of turns, flips, fun! He sucked as a boyfriend (has been married 4 times), but a great dancer.

I don't wanna go to work today :'( It was so nice having last Saturday off. Today is Donovan's day though. He and my daughter are leaving around 11ish. We will pick up kiddos after work at 2. Yay!

Have a great day!
    Hugs!
    Congratulations!
    Welcomes!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where winter finally decided to show up
  • kymarai
    Options
    Karen in VA- Glad all is good for you!

HeatherUK- My husband is the same way! You would think they were 2 yo when we want to get away for a short time. Mine has almost quit picking fights before I leave. I think it is their way of missing us. 😘
  • kymarai
    Options
    So Monday I weighed in at 128.3, yesterday the scale said 126.6, this morning at 124.8! That is exciting, but the only thing I have changed is making sure I get my water in and no white breads, pastas, cakes, cookies, candies, chocolate or alcohol. Hmmmm. Maybe something is working! Joints feeling better today too in spite of leg cramps.
    :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,914 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Machka- I didn't say I dance well :D I just love it. I put on music at home and dance. I would love to learn ballroom. Husband has no rhythm and no desire. We have danced maybe 7 times including our wedding. At some point I would love to find an adult ballet class. I took ballet up to Pointe when I was a child along with tap. When I lived in the Philippines, I learned square dancing, round dancing,, and clogging. My ex is a square dance caller still. I still love to dance with everyone at weddings and parties. That reminds me of my first high school dance. I asked a friend how you get a guy to ask you to dance. She said sit on the bleachers and move with the music. After a few great songs, I got brave. I walked up to a group of guys and asked who wanted to dance! My friend was horrified! I ended up dancing all night with a great partner. I follow well. Lots of turns, flips, fun! He sucked as a boyfriend (has been married 4 times), but a great dancer.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where winter finally decided to show up

I've never danced.

My parents didn't think it was appropriate when I was young and I was (and still am) very introverted so the idea of dancing with people watching didn't seem at all appealing anyway.

My first dance experience was at my high school grad. All the grads and partners were to gather in the middle of the gym, the lights would dim, the music would start and we were all supposed to do the first dance. My partner didn't know how to dance either so when we were herded into the middle, we hung toward the edge and when the lights dimmed, we just sidled away and left.

My first wedding had a short afternoon tea as the reception with no dancing. My second wedding's reception was at a restaurant. The 6 of us who attended had a nice meal and conversation.

In a "How to Teach Physical Education to Children" class in university, there was part of one class where we learned a small sort of aerobic/dance step pattern but I wouldn't really call it dancing.

There is a dance school nearby and my husband and I comment now and then that we should look into a very, very beginner course for us. But we haven't done anything about it.

Still ... it looks fun.

Machka in Oz
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,355 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Samand303
    Samand303 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Oops JanetO
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,569 Member