Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited February 2020
    enjoy your marathon @LoveyChar
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    @Camaramandy648
    I have been foam rolling for my hip currently (quads, IT Band, Glutes) but totaly body when I think about it. The debate is on regarding the benefits (myofascial release and/or neurological benefits) but generally considered a really great warm up/cool down for tight muscles. Found this article to read. Hope it gets better!
    https://blog.nasm.org/foam-rolling-smr/what-do-foam-rollers-do/
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited February 2020
    Congratulations on your long run @Avidkeo ! You have a beautiful place to run.

Way to get out there and run @Camaramandy648 , even when life tries to get in the way.

@LoveyChar Enjoy your marathon tomorrow. Looking forward to an awesome race report.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    @LoveyChar
    I'll be out there cheering on my DH who'r running the half. He did the full here when he turned 40. It's gonna be warm but should be nice early!
    Have a great race!🤘
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I will be running one of the largest marathons in Texas and in the country, recognized as one of the best in America! 20,000 runners will be gathered on the streets of Austin and I will be one of them!!!

Have a great race. Remember that you put in the training; just let your mind and body go and do the things they're prepared to do.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    @Camaramandy648 yes the foam roller is worth it IMO. I bought one at Target for around $20 when I injured my hip this summer. It’s basically self massage. Your bodyweight helps it smooth out knots in your muscles you didn’t know were there. It really helped me speed up my recovery. I should take my own advice and use mine more often...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    @shanaber I saw the Stones many, many years ago and had a great time. I bet they're still amazing.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    @hamsterwheel6 I’m glad you had a much better experience with the second doctor!
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    @hamsterwheel6 I’m glad you had a much better experience with the second doctor!

Thanks. I did feel better after, not because he "allowed" me to continue running, but because he paid more attention and was more thorough.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Is it true that Valentine's Day goodies are specially prepared so they have ZERO calories???

@Tramboman HAHAHAHAHA my boss always brings the women chocolates for valentine's day. Super sweet.

I've eaten three.

I CANNOT eat another one. They're so rich and so bad..... I'm with ya. Why couldn't they just make them with zero calories.

@hamsterwheel6 WOW! What a difference that second opinion makes! I'm so happy for you to have more information - that always, always makes me feel better. Plus now you have a direction to go in and you don't necessarily have to give up running! Great news!
  • janejellyroll
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Is it true that Valentine's Day goodies are specially prepared so they have ZERO calories???

I was going to make a joke about how they're formulated so the calories go to your worst ex, but then I realized that I'm almost certainly someone's worst ex.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,943 Member
    @hamsterwheel6 So glad the second visit went so much better than the first!
  • janejellyroll
    @autumnblade75 Woohoo for the fifteen miles!