WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    Morning ladies
    I am laying in bed having tea with Alfie hanging with me.. I am going to miss him so..But I know he is in good hands
    I'm always one step ahead so wrote a note in case Alfie needs vet care Tom and Elena have permission to treat.. and if something horrible happens that Tom keep Alfie till the will is read and if Bev cant take Alfie right now that Tom and Elena keep him..
    I know I know ,but like to have all my ducks in a row.
    I have been off the keto and have been bad. But dont know how much I will be able to eat in Peru so hopefully I lose a little bit of weight.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    <3
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,820 Member
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Did a pilates DVD. The plan for tomorrow (if we don’t have to go back to Daytona) is to take the Next Level class.

Vince keeps saying how the weather isn't looking good for today, but given that daytona has lights, they may have rain delays but my bet is that the race will be run. Have my phone all ready to take pictures

Terri – it’ll take about 10 hours to get home, but we don’t leave for 3 more weeks. Of course, in 3 weeks I’ll be mega-sad.

Allie – I understand having our pets in our will. We have it stipulated that our cats are to remain together and go to Jess. Being a vet (hopefully at the time we pass), we’re sure she’ll take good care of them.

For whatever reason, my alarm didn’t go off today. But I got up early anyway and had time to do the DVD.

There is a launch scheduled for about 10 tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, from the launch pad where it’s taking off we can’t see the takeoff but we will be able to see it once it’s in the air. I’m going to try to get home from exercise in time to see it.

SuziQ – how horrible!

Marianne – (((hugs to you)))). Your son and DIL really need parenting classes.

Well, we need to leave in about ½ hr. Will be thinking of you all.

Michele who is off to Daytona again
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited February 2020
    Morning, afternoon and evening, my peeps,

SuziQ, thank you for the story of your husband's passing. I can absolutely see why you walked away from the house.

On the thought of husbands, all the individual stories make me very glad I married a man who's nine years younger. I'm well aware that accidents and disease do not respect age, but there's comfort in knowing he's healthy after recent insurance physical. And, in fact, during that physical his blood pressure was normal for the first time since I met him--he's always been borderline high blood pressure, but that has finally subsided now that he's 50. We have no idea why.

JanetR in OK, We haven't seen you in a bit, and hoping things turned out well for your daughter. We worry, you know.

Kylia,
    am in maid-mode myself today.

And, to remind me of that, the dryer just buzzed.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Pip Yogi – such a Sweetie! Love his shiny coat!

Debby DD and GS picture from Christmas…so cute!

Amber DD is so sweet taking care of “little” bro JR!

Lisa Wondering what your sarcastic card suggestions were. I bet I would like them! I always wondered what others do for cards to the awkward people in our lives. I never found cards that were fitting. “To Dad who was inappropriate with me” or “To the Stepmother Who Never Loved Me” …lol. They always said wonderful things that were so far off!! LOL…I just read the one you quoted…I would by that in a heartbeat!

Rebecca Love the Athena Valentine!! Congrats on the weight loss!! My GD loves Daddy’s beard. He’s one of those who uses all the current special oils, etc. for his beard. Glad he takes good care of it to keep it soft and sweet smelling…lol!

Michele I, too, tend to take store bought food when we go to church meals or whatever. I don’t consider myself that good of a cook, plus it is already packaged for easy carry and people know what to expect. Also, I tend to be sad when I make things from scratch and people don’t take it. When I was younger, I used to make everything myself.

Pip I’m impressed your Suburban is so clean! I can’t keep our vehicles nice like that…there is always dirt around the doors, etc. We have a lot of red clay here. Is your new vehicle a Highlander? We recently got a Rav4 and I love it!!

Husband deaths For all of you who are widows, I can’t imagine how hard it is. I totally dread the idea of DH passing. I really hope I go first. He would be fine without me. I would be a mess!!

Amber Glad your friend is joining us! How old were you when you had JR? I was only 38 with my youngest, but the doctors wouldn’t shut up about my “advanced maternal age”. Drove me nuts! I had a 12-year spread from youngest to oldest – one graduated kindergarten the year the other graduated high school.

Kate I didn’t see a need for a spoiler! You didn’t write a lot and it wasn’t offensive. Dementia runs in my family. I was diagnosed early onset after my accident, but I think it was misdiagnosed because they were confused by the brain injury. It has improved, although I still grasp for words and get lost easily – especially when I am tired.

Karen Such sweet pictures of the Grands! Older GD is so good with little Lilliana!

Terri Thank you so much for the map!! I love having the visual! Especially like that you pointed out where you and Heather are located. I need to look back, I think Kate and Viv are both over there, too. Anyone else?? I’ve never travelled across the Atlantic and always love the documentaries there – such pretty country! My Aunt and Uncle lived in England most of my life, but the family never went to visit. In school, we studied Canada, USA, and Central and South America, but the rest of the world was really a mystery. I had a beautiful globe which I looked at, but a lot of countries have changed names and boarders, so even that would no longer be accurate.

SuzyQ Sorry to read about your work situation. I never gelled well with the corporate world. I guess because I don’t tolerate people as well as I should. It drove me crazy having to document everything in a CYA file. I expected people to know my character and believe what I said. Also, since most of my career was as a musician, we didn’t live in a “normal” world. Same with working as a massage therapist and esthetician.

Luci in WNC getting closer to catching up. Maybe later today…
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Kylia,

Yes, very bad mojo. I'm glad I never went back there. Even after Charlie's death. I have no regrets as I wanted to remember him in life not as a shell. I know some need the rituals. I thank G we knew what each wanted and felt the same way. Some were actually mad there was no viewing or obituary (not necessary in FL).

Those who knew him best had a celebration of life. It was sweet and endearing. All of the English department, Charlie was an English professor, wrote a section of a story about him and their relationship.

If I'm ever in South Orange NJ, I may do a drive by for complete acceptance.

Wow, you get things done during your time off. Do you ever take a me day?
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Lynette,

I have been researching Tennessee and the Carolinas. I miss the mountains and forests. I do not mind a little cold weather. I know I certainly do not want 6 months of cold!

I think there is a story behind the piece of property going back many generations. It was an area with a large Native American population. Our history with the Natve Americans is not a good one so I think it's an area of many unsettled souls. Although when we visited I always felt comfortable but also felt the area had very deep roots. I haven't had the heart to deeply research.

I'm glad with each check your memories of your working life are fading. Im working upon letting things go now and just moving forward. It's a means to an end.

I am driving a 2003 Sante Fe and really do not want a new car for many reasons most of all I like to drive a car, not have a car drive me. But, reliability is becoming an issue so I will eventually have to retire Betsy the Beast as she is affectionately known.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Happy Sunday to All! :)

Carol in GA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Todo"s and "done"
    Done: make rum glaze for mini pound cakes, dog group, prep hospitality veggies, steak dinner for Joe.
    Bonus: 40 mins beach walk with Joe and the dogs.
    ToDo: church hospitality and council meeting, invest 10 mins cleaning Kitchen/Laundry, carry over 10 mins cleaning Office, Master & Guest Bds, Master Bth, dip and, follow up for DEXA scan appt, install iCloud for Win 10, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, bake bran muffins, call Carolyn D. Next week Shadow to Mini Pet Mart to shop for crate, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan garden, order replenishments.

Lisa ditto what Karen in VA and Tracey said about the sarcastic greeting cards. There IS a market there ;) Brilliant re-framing! Feel there is also a market for that gift/skill, if not in greeting cards, then perhaps posters or encouraging gift items?
    Flea likewise ditto Karen in VA’s “timely” comment and Machka’s recommendation to talk to a lawyer. See your DH has spoken with Lawyers, were they Utah licensed? Seems like there are significant difference in the states’ definitions of “estate” when it comes to Medicaid cost recovery.
    Karen in VA what telling photos, both the swim meet prep, but especially the first meeting with Liliana. :love:
    Kate in UK ((hugs)) so hard to be far away and unable to have a private :heart: to :heart: with your brother. Is there a community center nearby he could take her for an afternoon’s respite, then meet or call you? Likely he really needs someone to give him the gift of listening first.
    Katla happy anniversary, such a romantic wedding! High water mark on the fireplace? :noway: Say “Hi” to Arrow for us.
    Pip “touchy gas pedal” on forever beast, somehow sounds just like you ;) Does it talk to you in a bossy tone like my car does?
    SuziQ :cry: for your loss, :heart: tho’ Heather said it better. Thanks for your wise words to Flea. Boy, howdy! does your promotion story ring true. I am SO happy to be out of the corporate politics and BS. Really hoping your title comes through before the borrowed time expires.
    Beth so good to see your smiling face!
    Tracey what an interesting bitter cucumber cure! Find the seasonally available Persian and English (soft skinned) cucumbers sweeter, than the waxy skinned ones available year round. That reminds me, time to order more beit alpha cucumber seeds, an F1 hybrid so saving seeds year to year won’t work.
    Welcome Ani in Toronto!
    Rebecca your cooking makes my mouth water, and your Athena Rose with her Papa makes my heart happy.
    Janet in Tx sounds like a workable solution to me. Well done.
    Machka any progress on the online course front? Hoping that bit of good could come out of the coronavirus tragedy.
    Rori smiling to hear of your DH enjoying Ford vs Ferrari. Did your DH recognize the surfboard shop in the movie, or did you just know?
    Marianne sounds horrible, like your son and DIL need help rearing their children. Are there any community counseling services in their area? At 6 and 9 if nothing changes, their behavior will worsen and they will get into real real trouble. Congratulations on keeping weight steady despite stress!
    Terri “give thanks every morning when I wake up” Amen, sister, amen! Then give thanks for Joe, the pooches, everyone who I’ve ever loved or whoever has loved me, this beautiful place we live in… and indoor plumbing ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    February: better than January.
    daily: steps=4893 Ugh, cell phone battery died/stopped counting steps at 1:12 pm. vits=12 log=15 CI<CO=12 CI<250<CO=9 Tumble 5/10=10 mfp=15 outside=10 clean 10 mins=9 up hill=15
    wkly: BB&B x3=6, rx=2 dance=4 pack walk=3
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= review 20for20=1

I haven't ridden it far enough to find out if it talks to me and in what kind of voice but I'll try to pay attention
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Pip Yogi – such a Sweetie! Love his shiny coat!

Debby DD and GS picture from Christmas…so cute!

Amber DD is so sweet taking care of “little” bro JR!

Lisa Wondering what your sarcastic card suggestions were. I bet I would like them! I always wondered what others do for cards to the awkward people in our lives. I never found cards that were fitting. “To Dad who was inappropriate with me” or “To the Stepmother Who Never Loved Me” …lol. They always said wonderful things that were so far off!! LOL…I just read the one you quoted…I would by that in a heartbeat!

Rebecca Love the Athena Valentine!! Congrats on the weight loss!! My GD loves Daddy’s beard. He’s one of those who uses all the current special oils, etc. for his beard. Glad he takes good care of it to keep it soft and sweet smelling…lol!

Michele I, too, tend to take store bought food when we go to church meals or whatever. I don’t consider myself that good of a cook, plus it is already packaged for easy carry and people know what to expect. Also, I tend to be sad when I make things from scratch and people don’t take it. When I was younger, I used to make everything myself.

Pip I’m impressed your Suburban is so clean! I can’t keep our vehicles nice like that…there is always dirt around the doors, etc. We have a lot of red clay here. Is your new vehicle a Highlander? We recently got a Rav4 and I love it!!

Husband deaths For all of you who are widows, I can’t imagine how hard it is. I totally dread the idea of DH passing. I really hope I go first. He would be fine without me. I would be a mess!!

Amber Glad your friend is joining us! How old were you when you had JR? I was only 38 with my youngest, but the doctors wouldn’t shut up about my “advanced maternal age”. Drove me nuts! I had a 12-year spread from youngest to oldest – one graduated kindergarten the year the other graduated high school.

Kate I didn’t see a need for a spoiler! You didn’t write a lot and it wasn’t offensive. Dementia runs in my family. I was diagnosed early onset after my accident, but I think it was misdiagnosed because they were confused by the brain injury. It has improved, although I still grasp for words and get lost easily – especially when I am tired.

Karen Such sweet pictures of the Grands! Older GD is so good with little Lilliana!

Terri Thank you so much for the map!! I love having the visual! Especially like that you pointed out where you and Heather are located. I need to look back, I think Kate and Viv are both over there, too. Anyone else?? I’ve never travelled across the Atlantic and always love the documentaries there – such pretty country! My Aunt and Uncle lived in England most of my life, but the family never went to visit. In school, we studied Canada, USA, and Central and South America, but the rest of the world was really a mystery. I had a beautiful globe which I looked at, but a lot of countries have changed names and boarders, so even that would no longer be accurate.

SuzyQ Sorry to read about your work situation. I never gelled well with the corporate world. I guess because I don’t tolerate people as well as I should. It drove me crazy having to document everything in a CYA file. I expected people to know my character and believe what I said. Also, since most of my career was as a musician, we didn’t live in a “normal” world. Same with working as a massage therapist and esthetician.

Luci in WNC getting closer to catching up. Maybe later today…

it's a Toyota Sequoia 2013 platinum edition. I guess it was the best one they had for that year. I've never had hands free calling (on the phone) and a lot of the other stuff that it has. some of the crap I may not ever use cuz I won't know I have it. the back seat has a console in the middle and the 3rd row seats are electric (but we'll never use them). I will be trying different ways to see what works best for taking yogi with us and try to keep that sand color carpet clean. it came with weather tech mats already. we bought those mats for the old beast so the new owners will have them too. the new owner of the old beast will also get a remote starter that we had bought for it. not getting it for this one right away., we'll c
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    well it is just past 12 now... and I am just back from running errands with Trudy.. what a hoot,
    me being me I ordered another backpack, and finally found the right one for travel.. all set and packed.. while I am away I will think long and hard about leaving that job without a safety net.. I need my health more than I need a job... and the way its going I wont have my health for long if I keep going.
    SuzieQ~ what a rough time you had with your husband and his family.. and what a wonderful woman you are to pick yourself up and keep on going.. you go girl!!
    Pip- Love your new rig.. im sure Yogi will love it too.
    Michelle~ I have been to the Daytona but only for qualifying... it was a bit chilly when I was there
    Heather~ looks like you had a great time. but I understand a nap would be in order lol
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,685 Member
    <3