Serial Starters

Replies

• holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    I commend you on all your walking. I need to do more walking but at present it is too cold. Mostly I am just lazy. How did you get the motivation to get started another time? You seem to have a close knit group. I hope I am not intruding. Tell me to I just move on it necessary. Thanks
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Where did my day go? Lot of things got in the way, but I was trying to sleep in again to get some sleep.

Holly - this is an open board - and you are not intruding.

Motivation is something you build on, which is easier for you -- walking more/exercising more, drinking more water, cutting out "junk food", eating healthier, eating smaller portions? Pick one that looks do-able and start there. You can also ask questions like - how many glasses of water do you drink a day and why?? What is an easy vegetable to put into your daily diet?

Dog went to her monthly vet visit and she is so happy. So many dogs are shedding - my pants look like carpet as they are all wanting attention and luckily my stick tape pet hair roll works well.

Anyone doing anything fun if they have Monday off? A church I just started going to has a sewing/knitting group that meets on Monday afternoon.

Loved my chicken salad I made for lunch. Wishing all a good night.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

*** MONDAY ***

Ladies, I am so sick today. I will be over in the corner.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good morning, I was awake earlier but decided to stay in warm bed, went back to sleep but dog eventually let me know it was time to stop being lazy.

Lana - is it food poisoning or a cold? Hate to say it but drink liquids and sleep. Heating pad and stupid episodes of TV usually do the trick too.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lana- feel better soon...I have caught a cold myself... ugh...I don't usually say this.. but, i'm ready for Spring... the weather this winter has not been fun... hugs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning, up with dog she is fed and taken care of.

I went to ATM to deposit check, not only would it not process a deposit it took my card, so today I go to bank to do the same thing and get my card back. I will also ask why ATM would not take my check so it may not happen again.

Nighttime insomnia had me thinking of chicken so I will get some while I am out. Pasta with tomato sauce and chicken sounded good.

Spring for me means allergies, but I agree with you Dawn this is enough!!

Wave to all who follow.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning!
    Sara - that was not a nice ATM!
    Lana and Dawn - hope your colds are better! Although now that I see it I am not sure what is making Lana sick. I hope you are feeling better today.
    Welcome Holly - this is a great group - stay with us!
    Walking motivation - mine is my dog. 2 year old Lab gets me out walking every morning. No excuses. Sometimes like tomorrow when it is -10 degrees F we will not go for as long, but she needs to get out of the house, so I go with her.
    Did not stay on my diet this weekend. Ate lots of bad things...sigh. Back at it today.
    Got my dress for daughter's wedding from seamstress. LOVE it. I don't have to lose any weight to fit into it - I did not do that to myself, but a couple more pounds would make me look and feel marvelous!
    Weigh in won't be pretty today. But I will hold myself accountable.

I WILL BE HAPPIER BEING HEALTHY IN THE LONG RUN THAN IF I SATISFY THIS TEMPORARY DESIRE TO EAT!
    Lynn

• holly1283
    Thank you for the welcome. I can't seem to get out of my funk. I know what to do. Maybe just having a few friends will help. Glad you love your dress. Hope you have a good day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    This goes to both Holly and Lynn - when I get into a "kranky" mood or I have eaten something 'naughty' I get my assets off my chair and walk around the parking garage a couple times outside my window. Adds on the steps on my pedometer and burned a couple of calories. It doesnt completely solve the problem but at least I feel I am doing something-

Lana - peep when you can.
  • LanaCabana537

Good morning Ladies~~

Truth time: DH and I had a huge row on Sunday. Monday I was just so upset, under slept, and in despair that I could barely function. Then, Monday afternoon he started losing a lot of blood from his surgery site (colon surgery), so we went to the hospital. They admitted him, and he had emergency surgery last night. Somewhere along the line, we sort of patched things up.

I will need to put the Beck work on hold for a while. If anyone wants to pick it up, please do so. If not, just review what we've learned so far, and I'll pick it up again, if we want, in a few days or a week or a few weeks, once I am no longer inundated here in NYC.

If you don't hear from me for a day or two, please know I'll be back, but I'm just overwhelmed.

Hugs to you all~~

Lana

258.8 highest
    254.4 today
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning.
    I am sorry for the stress you are going through Lana. Don't forget self care. I am good reviewing and fine tuning my skills with Beck - seems like I need to do that.
    Didn't get as long of a walk in that I like in AM. My dog will by antsy. -15 windchill today. Stuck close to home.
    Will post weigh in in a bit - haven't done that yet today.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2020
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Sorry I slept in, my biological time clock is working better but not quite to the schedule I was.

Lana - if now is a good pause time, that's okay for me, I can definitely use the time to go back and review. Your health and sanity are more important. Like Lynn said - make sure you are in your top 3 priorities. Your weight is down - good job.

Dog walk this morning forgot my pedometer, but glad dog wanted longer walk - it was not as cold as Lynn's backyard - but glad you got out anyway. New neighbor has a bigger dog than me but still can pick up and move - her dog did NOT want to go her direction got away from her and ran home..... remember folks it is THEIR walk......

Just voted by mail and will drop off at mail box in a little over an hour a rare soccer game is on the tele and I have knitting to do. I will crochet hearts for the church craft fair but I need people to look at the two samples to see which one they like best.

zufknmx2my3l.png

sorry there wasnt much to chose from online and I lost my patience
  • holly1283
    Glad to see another knitter in the group. I got my mile swim in but ate too much junk.sorry to hear about DH. Sometime could someone explain BECK ?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Holly - Beck is a book called " the Beck diet solution" which used cognitive therapy to reshape the way we think and live around food - Lynn, there was a link you had?? We are trying something new this year to see if this helps us in any way.
  • holly1283
    Thank you. I actually went for a walk this morning.
  • brennerjlb
    Good morning!
    Great job on the walk Holly!

I have a link that must be to a summary PDF or something. Beck is a 42 day guide to changing your behavior. The book on Amazon was sold out. So I did some googling and found the PDF. It has all the days in it, but not the detail that is in the book. It is still on my list to get that book ordered. I will try and dig up that link.
    -5 today forecast of 37 on Saturday! Can't wait! I did walk for 15 minutes this AM. Even Ms Maggie was trying to lift her paws off the cold snow so we both were willing to give it up. Will be a long day for her- our walks are to tire her out.

CW 191.0
    HW 207
    GW 186 2/29.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning!!

My sleep patterns are improving and I might get to post earlier like I used to.

Day has no "to do" list, so we shall see how much I actually get done. I might surprise myself.

Speaking of walks my dog wants to walk longer which I encourage and can do while I am still on FMLA - but she wants to go the the original apartment she knows. So I carry her home (she is just under 10 pounds) someone asked if she does it on purpose so she doesnt have to walk - distinct possibility but I also like holding dog so I dont mind.

Keep the good walking in and read your good thoughts cards -

Lana hope you are doing well, check in when you can

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537

Hi All~~

Just checking in....
    Boy am I relying on you guys! You are always here - this thread is a touchstone to help my spirits during this rough time.

One silver lining for me is that there is a lot of walking to get to and from the subway to the hospital, plus the hospital is a whole city block, so there's plenty of walking there.

I have not seen a single overweight staff person at Sloan, now that I think of it. They must clock so many miles per day!
    Also you cannot buy a bag of normal potato chips or a candy bar there in the gift shop or cafeteria. Woo hoo!

Big hugs to all~~
    Lana

254.4 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    Sara - you made me laugh with your statement about your Ms Tillie doing that on purpose to get carried. I worried about that with Maggie this AM. Whether she would keep walking in the snow when she was being picky with her paws. She though is 70 pounds! I would've had to get a sled :smiley:
    Lana - glad you are looking at the bright side! And very glad at least in a small part we can help!
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - I love hearing that you have nothing pressing to do today! Enjoy your walks with Tillie, even if there is some carrying involved. She must be a cute little button. 😁

Lynn - Can Maggie tolerate dog booties? Would that help her feet in the snow?

DH and I are passing the time watching Godzilla and Men In Black movies. Brainless diversion is good.

Waves to Dawn and Kathryn and Tracy in Tennessee and all the ladies across the pond and Tracey and Saltine up in Canada and Runa and Meghan and Holly~~~

Holly where do you live?

Lana