WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Michele I, too, am of the opinion that you don't need an accountability group. You are one of the most disciplined exercisers I know, and you're very conscientious about what you eat. And like you said, you'd hate to show someone up!

>>>

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Tere - love the spinach story! :D:p My DH is the exact opposite of most men - he HAS to have a heap of green veggies with every meal. I love them too, but sometimes it feels a bit weird with pasta. No, I still have to deliver a heap of broccoli or something. I adore spinach and can never have enough! Another veg I can never get enough of is asparagus.
    DH would have cabbage or broccoli with everything.

We have offered to have one of the kids on Sunday afternoon. It should be Bea's turn by rights. Waiting for an answer. It always cheers DH up no end.

More horrible weather expected this weekend. My brother texted me to say he is coming to see us when the weather improves. ;) It does make you feel a bit disinclined to do much. I managed 380 bonus calories this afternoon on the rower and bike, but I've made a good job of eating them back. >:) I did lose a pound last week, so I'm pleased. Just need to keep it up. A pound a week is doable, even at my level of feasting.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

Allie -
    I carted my adult daughter around for a while before she got her car, it’s frustrating but to me it’s what family does for each other. I bet Dan is very grateful you are close and able to help.

Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey -- I am so happy you said this. I would do this for my children, as well, if they needed it, and I was available. And we live across the street from a bus stop. My husband, before both sons had a car, would get so annoyed and complain that they should just take the bus or walk. But it could take them 45 minutes or more to get somewhere that I could take them in 10 minutes. It takes little effort on my part and shows support for whatever it is they are doing.

So, no questions from me, Allie. I understand completely, I think. (Assuming you have the same motivations I have for doing such things.)

Flea
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Felicia— the devil in me is suggesting chopsticks for “diversity day.” As far as I know, I just made “diversity day” up, but I think it could be fun. (No forks or spoons allowed.😈
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ I think that is a wise decision. God will be with you! <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka I meant to ask you why you stay away from turmeric? Is it because of turmeric's potential effect on blood clotting or something else?
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,101 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,101 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    February Goals Update Couldn’t find where I posted goals at the beginning of the month. These are what I have been working with.
    Daily Goals
    Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    Managed these for the majority of the month.
    Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    Mostly achieved
    Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores
    Still working on the decluttering. It’s an ongoing process.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Carol- happens watch calories exercise a little more it will eventually come off. Happens to me easily then struggle to get it off every time

Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym 8.01min, 134mhr, 11.8amph, 1.57mi= 63c
    apple watch- 62c
    MANUAL TREADMILL, walk, some slow jog- 40.14min, 102ahr, 2mi= 121c
    apple watch- 251c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, foggy- 5.39min, 125mhr, 15.7amph, 1.47mi= 32c
    apple watch- 44c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 17.37min, 130mhr, 10.3amph, 3.02mi= 116c
    apple watch- 105c
    Jog sta 2 wrk- 5.46min, 10.40min mi, 143mhr, .54mi= 60c
    apple watch- 62c
    Jog wrk 2 sta, slow- 5.54min, 13.09min mi, 44mi= 62c
    4apple watch- 68c
    bike ride dome 2 hm hard rain and windy- 27.29min, 5.7amph, 141mhr, 2.59mi= 223c
    apple watch- 156c

total cal 677
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    yoga-exercise-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Friday!
    Lots of veggies today! Was necessary after so few yesterday. Good thing my scale said 1/2 lb loss this morning. I think I am done training which is a plus (at least remote training). Since my field is mainly males, the food choices at most suck when on a restricted eating plan. I made good choices but have not had yogurt in 2 days cause have been full. Love the spinach add!!!! I add spinach to my husband's salads sometimes, he will eat raw in small amounts. He doesn't like it cooked at all. I asked him today if he wanted to try yellow squash or zucchini. His reply, I am allergic! Really? I asked. What makes you think that? He said it makes him make funny faces and stick his tongue out :D I did get him to try some butternut squash. He is right-he makes funny faces and his tongue sticks out! LMAO! I guess I will be happy that he now eats broccoli and beets in addition to green beans, corn and carrots.

Bloodwork results-ours are posted on our medical portals. I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now after talking with you ladies.

My paperwork for the hemotologist appointment came in today. The large envelope said Kettering Cancer center on it. I am surprised my MIL hasn't asked what is going on. She collects the mail for us. I am hoping she didn't have her glasses on and that I was forewarned. Appointment is March 27th to figure out lowering WBC.

Welcome to the new ladies. Fyi- I just decline invitations from guys. I have a few I have been friends with since I have been on MFP, but unless they give a good reason, they are an automatic dismiss. I agree this isn't Tinder.

Allie- I am proud of you! I know that sometimes my working with family is hard, your situation is much worse! I am sure you will find something more fitting to you!

Flea- Fork!!!!! LOL!!!

I am sure there is more, but it is time for bed.

<3
    Kylia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Debbie – when I go to the gym, I always use those disinfectant wipes even on the weights. I try to remember to wipe the equipment (treadmill, elliptical, etc) BEFORE I use it mainly because you can’t be 100% sure the person before you wiped down the equipment. Most people do, that’s true. But it only takes one person who doesn’t

Tere RVA – if Vince ever knew what was in his food, he’d never eat again!!! So I hear ya, don’t tell them and they’ll never know that they’re eating something good for them. If Vince ever knew how many times he ate tofu…. If he can see it, he won’t eat it. But the silken tofu…he can’t see it. And applesauce instead of oil. Or prunes in chocolate for sweetness. Oh, I know a lot of tricks …lol

Maggie – lately I’ve gotten a lot of friend requests from guys. I just delete them (don’t accept). As a matter of fact, I got one this morning.

Heather – asparagus for me has to be fresh. Most other veges I’ll eat the frozen ones. But for some reason not asparagus. Maybe I should at least try it frozen again. Then I can eat it lots more. The biggest problem I find with asparagus is how it makes your pee smell

Went to the pot luck. There were quite a few dishes that had meat in them which I tried to avoid (since it’s Friday during Lent). I had mostly fruit. One lady made some clam chowder which was really good. But I did probably overdo it on the desserts. Well, I’m keeping with my “sacrifice” of not having anything to eat after dinner so we shall see how it goes. Played canasta after the pot luck and had a fun time. Will go to this one lady’s condo Sun. to play Mexican Train.

Tomorrow we're leaving around 9 to go to this place in West Melbourne to see about ceramic bisque

Michele who will be back in NC in a week … boo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Michele - I use frozen peas in recipes like pasta, or curry, and broad beans occasionally, because they freeze well and don't lose their texture. I also use frozen leaf spinach in the Feta Pie and in curries, but I don't like it as a main vegetable as it isn't as tasty as fresh. We can buy fresh veg 100 yards away so everything else is fresh. Some veggies do keep well in the fridge. I have a huge cauliflower in there at the moment, along with the asparagus. Tonight we are having roast Mediterranean veggies (zucchini, egg plant, red capsicum, tomatoes) with feta. Brown rice. I might roast the asparagus at the same time, just putting them in at the end with the feta. It was DH's suggestion and he is picking up the veg when he goes out in the rain and wind for the newspaper. :#:s

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx