WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    SuziQ I now have attached to my purse a small vial that contains a water lemon essential oil mix (about 4-5 drops) that I use to sanitize my hands when I am out and about. Here some stores have wipes in the front of the store so you can sanitize your cart. Aldi's does not I need to remember to bring my own.

I too carry my own pen. Thanks for your other great tips.

I had a delightful first grade yesterday. This is when teaching is fun!

It is not just this virus we need to protect ourselves. Flu can kill too.

I agree we need to take precautions but not panic. I am more concerned what this is doing to the world economy. I believe more will suffer from these effects than the virus itself.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    SuziQ Can you post link to website with latest statistics on the novel Coronavirus? I know about The WHO dashboard, but wondered if you have a frequently updated source. And I meant to ask you 2 things: How has your work restructuring (or whatever it was) been coming along? I remember thinking that sounded like a cluster in the making. Second question: Are you doing another gleaning? I find it such a wonderful idea.

Pip Did your bruise completely heal?

LuciB Your granddaughter is so. darn. cute! A bundle of sweetness. That smile! Reminds me a bit of Athena

Kelly It's probably going to be a few more weeks until 6-month Miguel pictures, isn't it. Tap Tap Tapping my foot impatiently.

Beth in Buffalo So glad for you to have some sunshine!

Missing Yvonne, Meg, VickiGI, Trucker, Penny, and others. Hope you'll drop in soon!

>>>

Leap Day!

>>>

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    p.s. Carol It's getting easier for me about Bailey. Are you still having frequent bad days about your sweet Pom?
  • Pamstimelines
    Pamstimelines Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest, I did not read through all of these replies. I am turning 50 this summer and would like to add some female friends to mutually encourage and support. :smiley: My diary is open to friends and I currently log daily so please send me a friend request.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    beth the sun is shining in upstate NY but check out this house in hoover beach I saw on the news today!

Happy leap day, I'm limiting my computer time and doing my exercises, stretches, hot and cold wraps-in other words, really working at healing this "thumb tendonitis". Love my hand Doctor, he is so supportive, knowledgeable and kind, sitting around the hand therapy table, I'm getting to know the "regulars" and we are bonding over the effort healing takes. Getting lots done on this bonus day! ;)

Hugs and courage Allie I so agree with what Barbie posted about you--when you leap--you thrive!

NYKAREN
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    NY Karen.... Isn't that ice amazing! I'm about 10 miles away from there and there are restaurants all along the lake shore that see similar icings each year.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Allie: I’m happy to know that you have good medical care and a doctor that gives great advice. :star:

Pip: Sorry you are feeling yucky. Hope the tummy improves asap. :flowerforyou:

Heather: We used to stop in at a tavern that had scotch eggs on the menu. YUM!!! Not the lowest calorie choice out there, but a rare and pleasant treat. :smiley: Like your DH, I am a big fan of broccoli. I like fresh spinach, too, but NOT the canned stuff, and only occasionally the frozen stuff. Fresh is best. :smiley:

JanetO: You are wise to have a doctor evaluate your knee. I hope it all comes out well for you. :star:

Debbie in VA: The fitness club where I go has paper towels and disinfectant spray bottes available in every area where people touch machinery. :star:

Tere in RVA: It sounds like you have a great job that you can be proud of. Medicaid is so important to so many! Congrats on getting your DH to eat spinach. I’m thinking that’s way more than two points for you. :heart:

Felicia: Tacos are perfect! DH is on a pork free diet at this time, although he makes an exception for bacon. He’s been put on a restricted diet and it has improved his health situation. :heart:

Sue: It sounds like you are being invaded. We had to have heavy metal grates bolted over all the vents in our foundation in order to keep raccoons out. The heavy screens are effective. When the Coons went under our house they entered through cheap plastic vent screens & tore out all of the insulation under our floors and pooped everywhere. Thank goodness our home owner’s insurance picked up the clean-up bill. It was a very expensive fix. The original screens were cheap plastic and easily broken. The new ones are stout metal screens. We didn’t install them until we realized the damage the racoons were doing. We haven’t had any troubles since. Good luck! :star:

We have no plans for today and I’m having a great time rereading a book from my bookshelf. :bigsmile:

Happy Leap Day!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Sue- We still have our Racoon issues too he got a bunch of females now so more to come! Neighbor finally keeping his trash a little more secured..had hubby mention to move it’s location! The Racoons lives using g his fence to get in quickly. I have attacked many ways . String vinegar y bleaching the patio (string odors) to even my sour oranges 🍊 from the tree in the favorite poo spot for them y the cats! Removed items they used to climb trees (they broke them anyways). Glue traps in the attic to strong smells in there y baited the rat boxes to make sure no extra visitors came with them. I hate killing things but I hate things that can hurt pets y kids more!

Amber Tx

Barbara SOC - Definitely a song to get one thinking.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    We put old fashioned mothballs under our deck for a couple of years. The raccoons did not hang out there. Neither did we during fall & winter. The mothballs did get the job done & we haven’t had trouble in the last year or two.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for the love and support it means the world to me,yes I have a little bit of savings and will try for unemployment and tell them.honestly how he was treating us. Unfair labor practices and all..
    Got some grocery shopping down and still.havent gotten my mail now it is monday until I can pick it up...Oy..
    I sent a short email to both Dr P and his wife saying with deep regret that I am giving my 2 weeks notice,that at this time I felt it was best for me and thanked them for teaching me all the new technology that I hope to use in future endeavors. Warm regards and all.. shirt,sweet and to the point..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest, I did not read through all of these replies. I am turning 50 this summer and would like to add some female friends to mutually encourage and support. :smiley: My diary is open to friends and I currently log daily so please send me a friend request.

:) Most of us use this thread for mutual encouragement and support. We welcome you to join in our conversation.

<3 Barbie from NW WA