40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Resistance 3”=Done!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Arms"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 3 Core 2”=Done!!!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Went to the gym this morning for the my first lifting workout in a couple of weeks. Lordy, the strength goes away quickly. Bench was off about 15 pounds, but deadlift was off about 40 pounds. Yikes! A reminder to find a way to do some sort of lifting workout, even when away from the gym.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    Tell me about it, how fast you "use it or lose it". About three months ago I swapped from a powerlifting regimen to a bodybuilding one, reducing the weights and increasing the reps. But I spent a decade doing powerlifting and missed it, so this week I reconfigured my workouts to alternate heavy power days with moderate building days. But when I went to do my power chest, I discovered I'd lost about 40 pounds off my bench max, struggling to lift a weight which used to be part of my warmup. Yikes indeed!

Wish me luck tomorrow for my heavy leg day, I may need all the well wishes I can get! (Next week I will discover how much my heavy back day has suffered...)
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Spec Ops Resistance”=Done!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    Tell me about it, how fast you "use it or lose it". About three months ago I swapped from a powerlifting regimen to a bodybuilding one, reducing the weights and increasing the reps. But I spent a decade doing powerlifting and missed it, so this week I reconfigured my workouts to alternate heavy power days with moderate building days. But when I went to do my power chest, I discovered I'd lost about 40 pounds off my bench max, struggling to lift a weight which used to be part of my warmup. Yikes indeed!

Wish me luck tomorrow for my heavy leg day, I may need all the well wishes I can get! (Next week I will discover how much my heavy back day has suffered...)

Good luck! How did heavy leg day go for you?
  • nossmf
    edited March 2020
    Actually, it went quite well. Though I continue to debate whether to include deadlifts as part of leg day or back day, in this plan my heavy leg day consists of heavy singles for deadlift, followed by weighted hip thrusts and leg press. (I don't think I'll ever return to my old days of trying to squat uber-heavy again, risk of injury is too great, so instead of pushing for singles at 500 I'll do sets of 10 at 225 on my moderate days.) All done pain-free, which was very pleasant.

About the only down side was the guy in the platform next to mine, about my size, doing deadlifts with the exact same weight...only I'm doing singles, he's doing sets of eight. Ah, well.
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Cardio 2 & Spec Ops Core”=Done!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    “22 Minute Hard Corps: Resistance 1”=Done!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I totally hit a wall this weekend...I'm reducing volume a bit and tweaking macros, and hopefully I'll make it all the way through this week still feeling good!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "22 Minute Hard Corps Spec Ops Cardio & Spec Ops Core”=Done!!!
  • nossmf
    edited March 2020
    Moderate push day, plus added in some cardio for the first time in forever. WAY out of shape cardio-wise!! *hides in shame from @gam3rguy *
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • dudasd1973
    dudasd1973 Posts: 275 Member
    46, getting back into this to shed the pounds I packed on after surgery. Looking forward to the journey!