Coronavirus prep

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    hmmm. a post I put up an hour ago never appeared here. My luck, it'll show up tomorrow and be repeated 6 times.....

pi day, but I didn't have any pie ;(

I was in McDonald's today and was just wondering if they would go to drive thru only. I would be behind that - they could focus on the kitchen and prep areas and not have to worry about constantly trying to keep the lobby clean, and they would be limiting the number of people the crew would be exposed to. That particular McDonald's actually did that last summer during their remodel, as did the local Arby's, so the precedent and procedures are there for it.

I think that's a great idea.

I wonder if they would allow pedestrians in the drive-through? Because otherwise *someone's* gonna get their panties in a twist about it being discriminatory to the car-less.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    hmmm. a post I put up an hour ago never appeared here. My luck, it'll show up tomorrow and be repeated 6 times.....

pi day, but I didn't have any pie ;(

I was in McDonald's today and was just wondering if they would go to drive thru only. I would be behind that - they could focus on the kitchen and prep areas and not have to worry about constantly trying to keep the lobby clean, and they would be limiting the number of people the crew would be exposed to. That particular McDonald's actually did that last summer during their remodel, as did the local Arby's, so the precedent and procedures are there for it.

I think that's a great idea.

I wonder if they would allow pedestrians in the drive-through? Because otherwise *someone's* gonna get their panties in a twist about it being discriminatory to the car-less.
    Good point. Maybe carry out only? Pedestrians in the drive-thru seems like a recipe for disaster.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,931 Member
    I can't help but wonder about the single people with no family or close friends to check on them, in self isolation who get sick.. laying in bed progressively getting worse.. may die there with nobody to know :(

Sorry, sad thought I know

As one of those people, I'm OK with that thought (for myself, anyway). I would call for an ambulance if I started having difficulty breathing. I telecommute, and a telecommuting colleague I email scores of times every day who lives nearby has promised to come over if I stop responding and pull me out when the corpse-barrow rolls by. ("But I'm not dead yet!").

2zbc0b51n6vo.png

m2iamwp9avcc.png

:lol:

We were talking about apocalypse movies and books...in the U.S. Monty Python In Search of the Holy Grail is on Netflix - I'm watching that today!!