• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    KJ sending ((( <3 )))
    NYKAREN
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Tina CA – I bought extra milk. I figure I’ll make yogurt and put it in the freezer! Thank goodness for the freezer!

I never thought of bleach. We have a few bottles, keep it for use for the pool

I don’t mind the restaurants being closed. But the bars…..now THAT’S a different story

Amber – I was basically raised by my grandmother who raised her children during the depression. A while ago I read a book called “200 Ways to Save the Earth” and I couldn’t help constantly saying “my grandmother did this. My grandmother did that”

Surprisingly, the gal from senior bowling hasn’t called to say that it’s cancelled. I would have thought if anyone cancelled, they would. Oh well…we’re tough…..

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Rita)))
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    So here's what I'm working on at home ...

My first assignment for one of my classes asks us to clarify the definitions of 'utopian' and 'dystopian' and use them to describe the impacts of social media on humanity.

We have to use research to do this, all appropriately cited of course so I won't be using any of your comments ... but particularly in light of current issues, what are your thoughts?

Does social media have a 'utopian' impact on humanity or a 'dystopian' impact?

I may present the topic of my second assignment on Monday. :grin:

Machka in Oz

Based on current social media output? Dystopian!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I miss one thing my Grandpa home made candies to fresh goats milk still warm!

Homemade cheese to well actually I miss a lot lol 😂
    Amber Tx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    A couple pieces of information regarding symptoms and how long the virus can linger on surfaces ...
    x97rp2vays59.png

4cohnyis9gc4.png

Machka in Oz

Thank you Machka!
    Looks like sneezing isn't a symptom even though that's the rumor going around here "sneeze into your elbow" and "stay away from sneezing people", lol. I double checked with online info from our state DOH which matches your list from WHO. :)

Update... Just found an other document on our DOH website that says "cover your sneezes" leading people -me - to believe sneezing is a symptom. I will be making some calls tomorrow.

Lanette (who sneezes and sniffles thanks to allergies and doesn't want to get banned from Walmart, lol.)
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    https://youtu.be/NVlyc-uZQc0

For a good laugh. My favorite part of this video the millennial Father spraying his son down with Clorox bleach spray as he leaves his high school. Lol 😂 poor kid. If this is your grandkid...rescue him from his Dad lol 😂. Be careful they’ll hunt us down with spray next too lol cause we went to our Domino train group lol 😂. (I miss my dominos train group we were a rowdy bunch of Gals but no kids allowed I can’t leave JR).

Amber Tx

The young guy hosting now hosting from home only.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Finished assignment. Heading into town by bus. Was going to drive but when we drove in yesterday to look for free parking opportunities the van started acting up so we took it to the shop before catching the bus.

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    I've dropped some weight in the last few days but I think that's just stress. Work, university, van problems, dental problems.

I don't eat when I'm stressed.

M in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Hubby got lucky. Since family members couldn’t find food were older more kids we gave them almost all our food. Hubby went to the store the workers searched y him he managed to get enough for a few weeks again. Opened boxes y crushed they took scraps on the deli cutting board tossed it in packaging so I can make bone broth soups. So kind of them! Luckily the few items that are Picky JRs favs no one touched lol 😂. They taste that bad but he lives them got 8 each of those. A few loads of bread for sandwiches 🥪. We can rest knowing the whole family has a few weeks worth to a months for the elderly ones.

Amber Tx

Goodnight tired Hubby y me are exhausted 😩