What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    I am the weekend cook. Tomorrow we have friends who want to learn how to do California hand rolls, which we will cook together. Protein will be surimi sticks, poached prawns, tamagoyaki and raw tuna. Doing miso soup with that. Ice cream with miso caramel sauce, dehydrated sweet potato shards and roasted sesame seeds for dessert. We have a small Japanese grocer around the corner so we will pay a visit while the sushi rice and tamagoyaki are cooling.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    I made a pot pie casserole. I have to think of a more fun name for it.

Top layer- almond flour flaky herb crust 🌿
    Next layer - sour cream, cheddar mashed cauliflower
    Next layer - red & yellow peppers, onions, garlic
    Last layer - chicken, sage, thyme, rosemary

Bake til crispy goodness. :)
  • Madamesmith
    Madamesmith Posts: 9 Member
    A late summer salad: quinoa, roasted buttercup and cauliflower, the last of the garden tomatoes, avocado, baby spinach and Greek halloumi. Seasoned with pepper, a salt and herb blend and a splash each of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. 06n9e6um0f7r.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Fettuccine, mushrooms, garlic, butter, kale.
    So simple, so damn good.

Careful--you'll become Italian. :D Living here I learned to cook from my mother-in-law and her sisters. It was a stitch because they were all widows, short and dressed in black. I'm a tall, blonde, Polish American. They come from Puglia in Southern Italy. They cooked simply with quality ingredients. I learned to cook simply.
  • snowflake954
    Risotto with leftover scampi and the sauce I made from boiling the shells, heads and claws and straining to get the liquid, EVOO, broth, saffron, black pepper, a little milk, and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • acpgee
    Leftovers.
    04lizgxc2skz.jpeg
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    I made a pot pie casserole. I have to think of a more fun name for it.

Top layer- almond flour flaky herb crust 🌿
    Next layer - sour cream, cheddar mashed cauliflower
    Next layer - red & yellow peppers, onions, garlic
    Last layer - chicken, sage, thyme, rosemary

Bake til crispy goodness. :)

@Safari_Gal_ Sounds yummy! how did you make the crust? Ingredients/amounts? What temp did you bake at? Is chicken already cooked?
  • snowflake954
    Pasta Fagioli--Pasta with pinto beans, tomato, EVOO, garlic, paprica, a laurel leaf, and finely chopped carote, celery, onion and parsley (tritato).
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Corned beef and Cabbage! In crock pot yesterday.
  • snowflake954
    Pan fried fish fillets in EVOO and lemon, homemade vegetable barley soup with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and homemade fruit salad.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Pan fried fish fillets in EVOO and lemon, homemade vegetable barley soup with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, and homemade fruit salad.

I see that you use Parmigiano Reggiano frequently......I do too..it's delicious! In the States it's on the expensive side, but well worth it.😋

• snowflake954
    vaman wrote: »

I see that you use Parmigiano Reggiano frequently......I do too..it's delicious! In the States it's on the expensive side, but well worth it.😋

It's the gold standard here in Italy. Prices depend on how long it's been aged.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Made Mujadara (Lentils and Rice with Caramelized Onions) tonight.
    Served with spinach salad with lemon a vinaigrette and bit of corned beef leftovers.
  • snowflake954
    Pasta with cream, chopped zucchini, chopped walnuts, EVOO, broth, and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Corned Beef Hash. No photos as I ate it lol
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    My dinner guests needed to self isolate because their kid came down with flu like symptoms. A colleague came over to help eat the meal i had already shopped for.
    hl7l0xwqb7ul.jpeg
    04x4h2pfqr61.jpeg

given the current discounts for airfare to london, maybe i can come over for dinner? i will bring wine ... lol
  • acpgee
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »
    My dinner guests needed to self isolate because their kid came down with flu like symptoms. A colleague came over to help eat the meal i had already shopped for.

given the current discounts for airfare to london, maybe i can come over for dinner? i will bring wine ... lol

Come on over. I am a feeder.

That dessert by the way is vanilla ice cream, miso caramel sauce from this recipe
    https://food52.com/recipes/18618-miso-caramel
    toasted black sesame, a few bits of chopped candied ginger, dehydrated spiralized sweet potato. Next time I will replace candied ginger with a little crumbled halva.
  • acpgee
    I normally only cook on weekends because I have the corporate job and the hubby is a freelancer. Now that my employer has everyone working from home I will probably start cooking during the week. Tomorrow's plan is reverse seared sous vide steak. Will warm up some batch cooked gratin dauphinoise from the freezer in the air fryer. We have some sweet potatoes lying around that we can roast those in the air fryer at the same time. There is a romaine we could grill as char grilled salad works well with steak.