March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I had the same experience with training for the half -- for me it was great practice in more regularly running in the 8-10 mile range. I needed the motivation to run longer and training for a half provided that.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 I am so sorry...

@TheMrWobbly I'm sorry for your daughter. Nothing is worse in the world than knowing your child is suffering. I hope she recovers quickly. About your job, you have an optimistic attitude despite the circumstances. I'm sorry...

This is out of hand at this point. The option for those that choose it could or should be to stay in, order grocery delivery, deny guests to their home and wait this thing out. For the rest of us it's ridiculous. They're talking about making school online the remainder of the school year, which might work out okay. But all extracurriculars are cancelled for the school year along with everything else.
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 And thank you for the suggestion. I still have to buy the ingredients but I'll let you know how it turns out.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    03/01/20 :::: 4.1 :::: 4.1
    03/02/20 :::: 3.9 :::: 8.0
    03/03/20 :::: 3.0 :::: 11.0
    03/04/20 :::: 3.3 :::: 14.3
    03/05/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 19.4
    03/06/20 :::: 3.2 :::: 22.5
    03/07/20 :::: 2.3 :::: 24.8
    03/08/20 :::: 1.3 :::: 26.1
    03/09/20 :::: 4.3 :::: 30.5
    03/10/20 :::: 2.0 :::: 32.5
    03/11/20 :::: 1.5 :::: 34.0
    03/12/20 :::: 1.5 :::: 35.5
    03/13/20 :::: 1.5 :::: 37.1
    03/14/20 :::: 3.2 :::: 40.3
    03/15/20 :::: 7.0 :::: 47.3
    03/16/20 :::: 2.2 :::: 49.5
    03/17/20 :::: 3.9 :::: 53.4

Day 1 of work from home - mixed results so far. I let myself sleep in a little until the dog got demanding. After breakfast and coffee I decided I should just try to exhaust said dog so I could get my work done. We went on a lovely hike and practiced being a good girl who sits and walks nicely.
    gp9yoxc2dqwd.jpg

Then I worked for several hours, but not super productively. My neighbors' driveway was being replaced so there was lots of loud noise as they dug out and releveled. The dog was not as content as I had hoped and wanted to go in and out multiple times. I don't have a good home office set up so I need to work on that. Anyway I then went out to meet a friend for a safe-distance from each other run. I was so happy to see her, she is someone I truly admire as a person and running mentor and it was so nice to run and talk and catch up. It was lovely to take a break.

Back home to more work. Still working. I am not loving this "spring break" so far.

The next two races I was signed up for are cancelled as well. A couple I was considering are likely cancelled. I've been debating a couple of races in June and July but will likely hold off a bit before committing at this point. So the only remaining thing on my calendar is not until September.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    Love the pet pictures. I'm going to have to find a cute one of my Tippy and post it.

@PastorVincent I'm glad to hear that your church is working on plans to make sure those in need aren't forgotten during this time. Also glad you were able to get out and clear your head. Being a pastor is hard. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

@rheddmobile That is a LOT of people in the park. Too bad a lot of them weren't trying to maintain their distance from each other. AND, so weird about the park gates being locked. With the damage, I would guess they will reconsider that decision in the future.

• LoveyChar
    Options
    I have heard absolutely nothing about my Marathon at the beginning of June and I'm hoping I do not. I did purchase insurance on the race, though, even though I am not sure if I would need it under the current circumstances, assuming money would just be refunded anyway.
    mi4moat47eqa.png