March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    5.43 miles in 1:32. Average pace 17:06. LOLOL. I wonder if I placed in my AG?

Nope, cause when you WIN the race, you do not also place in your AG. Sorry, that is the breaks.

I am TOTALLY going to win my AG in my virtual race tomorrow. @polskagirl01 How old were you again? No matter, we'll just make up our own age groups... I'm sure we weren't born on the same day even if we do happen to be the same age lolol.

You got this! :smiley:
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    My son's Uni has a confirmed case and ceased all on-site teaching. He works at a cocktail bar and they are going with a slightly different approach - "Lockdown Party!" They are going to have a bash on Saturday, hundreds of people all in one space before the bar will close until further notice. So basically come and see if you can get Covid-19 and then all go home to your families - genuis 😕

My May event is already postponed. I definitely need a run tonight!!

exercise.png

[sarcasm font] Wow, that lockdown party sounds brilliant... I mean, how many people does someone have contact with over a 2-week period at a university before showing symptoms? [/sarcasm font]
    May events here have also canceled. Perhaps because they'd have to start the planning soon, and don't want to start spending money on something only to have to cancel later.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    My April races said they were looking to reschedule in May. I don't see that happening. They always offer a virtual option so if all else fails we will do it that way.

The number of people, businesses and government not taking this seriously enough is astounding. The reports of cases here they aren't giving any information. It's basically age and maybe some info about where they have been. A spring training employee was diagnosed yesterday and all they did was warn people that were at the park. Um, they are a local employee at the park closest to me. Where else have they been? Do they shop at my grocery store? Did they go to a restaurant or gym? The public needs to know as much of their movements to determine if they had contact with this person, even in passing.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    And I know it’s not a real race but hardly anyone is running any real races so I’m doing my best to stay in the spirit (for me). And keeping my fingers crossed for my next possible-on 5/16 (5 days after the current “no gatherings more than 50 people) ban expires).

My race in May (Pittsburgh Marathon) has already been canceled. :(

I think you can pretty much write off anything in May. I do not see us on the other side of this till July, at best, IF people take it seriously. The fewer people that do so the longer this will take. Sorry.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the fewer people take it seriously, the quicker the infections spread and the curve doesn't get as flat, and the QUICKER we get over it. But in a bad way, with extra deaths that could have been prevented if we only had some free hospital beds.

But I agree that May doesn't look like a good month to plan a race.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman Congrats on getting 1st place at the Earthworm 7k!
  • PastorVincent
    Options

Well done!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

Well done!

Thanks.
    Truth be told, even though they were young, they weren't very fast.
    But a win is a win, right?

How do you know they were young? Did you ask for ideas? Maybe they were elderly.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Duck_Puddle - loved your 'non-traditional' race report and took a look at the Insta pictures. Absolutely beautiful and much as I remember from driving the 128 with my geologist dad explaining all the rock formations and layers to us. I do not remember the bike path, likely it is a newer addition.
    @kgirlhart - before I actually purchased a thundershirt I made a makeshift one by wrapping an ace bandage around him from underneath his front legs to his belly like shown here https://www.k9ofmine.com/diy-thundershirt/ The shirt is easier and takes less time to put on so generally more convenient.

i tried a thundershirt and a diy...speed demon ate them in her anxiety. so didn't work so well for us :)
    Oh Speed Demon! You are a crazy girl but we all love you!