March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @TheMrWobbly way to go on the HM! That's impressive to do back to back to back to back!

Yes! Well done!
  • PastorVincent
    I’ve decided that since I’m modifying my training to allow for better healing of my IT Band, today’s miles will be just for fun with Buzz. I am going back to my first love, the trails. Hoping for some decent mileage :)

Trails rock! Whish I had some easy access.
  • PastorVincent
    Did you guys hear about the guy in France who ran a full marathon on HIS BALCONY! Because he was quarantined, an entire marathon on a 7 meter (23 feet) balcony and it took 6 hours and 48 minutes.

Yep, I posted the story to our Facebook group:

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-france-coronavirus-quarantine-run-marathon-balcony-20200319-5uvnofjko5fd7mscy4lfwmaq24-story.html

Not sure if he is insane or impressive. Probably both :)
  • PastorVincent
    The daycare where I work (sub almost every day) is still open. I have asked to only work if they can't find anyone else. So, for now, I am off all week next week. My HM plan called for a 9.5 mile run this weekend. However, the weather today is yuck and I have a hard time going that far on Sunday's. I have tweaked my plan so I can do the long run (will be my longest ever if I can do it) on the one day next week that it is supposed to be pretty - Thursday. I sure hope the meteorologist knows what they are talking about. If not, I can tweak it again.

You got this!
  • PastorVincent
    If some dude can run a marathon on a balcony and @quilteryoyo can run in her driveway I need to shut the stuff up and get out there! It’s a privilege these days to be able to run! I gotta get on top of the game mentally somehow.

Seriously. Some places are locking down so you can only run within 2k of your home. Get out there while you still can!

• PastorVincent
    Way to get out there @hanlonsk!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2020
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Today I ventured out to see if it really was the apocalypse out there. Stopped by my office at work in downtown to pick the 1/2 gallon of hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes I forgot to take home with me. The tower was a ghost town. We have motion control lights throughout the building. They were all off meaning it had been a long while since anyone moved through the hallways.

Then I tried to go to a Starbucks, but the only location near my route did not have a drive-through so it was closed.

Then I stopped in a grocery store. My plan was to see how bad it really was. The news would make you think people are shooting each other in the aisles and that there was no food anywhere. Instead what I found was normal people buying normal quantities of food and moving orderly through the checkouts. Most of the shelves were full.

No toilet paper, or any paper plates/bowls/etc. Plenty of tissues, soap, and fresh produce. The meat section was a bit light, but plenty for dozens of families. Dairy, sandwich meats, and the like were fully stocked. Frozen food was a bit light, as were jarred and canned food. But still, plenty to choose from. I did grab pumpkin latte ice cream cause why not? :)

Everyone was relaxed. A few had masks and gloves, and we all did what we would to stay separated. Far from the apocalypse.

Drove home feeling a bit better knowing I was right about my fellow Americans. Most of us are just doing what we do, and being reasonable. We may have tough times ahead, but we will pull through this too.

Wow. Not here. No meat, no paper products, no canned goods, the frozen is a bit thin, and the pet food was slim pickings. Plenty of wine on the shelf though...and chips and cookies and this new coke energy. That’s in a town of 5,000 with 2 stores (one Walmart). Sounds like the priority might be the larger cites.

I did get out for a walk today. It was glorious. Then I ate a whole bag of Cheetos.

Same here. I went to the store yesterday for the first time in 8 days. Actually, I went to 3 grocery stores. They were all completely out of the expected things (toilet paper, distilled water but had drinking water - people are stupid and drinking distilled water yet I actually need distilled for my CPAP). The things they had were in short supply. I ended up getting some stuff that was not quite what I would normally eat or buy at a store that was completely out of beef.

I don’t understand hoarding water. The municipal supply is fine. I suppose you could rig something up and distill some yourself. Yesterday on the way to the park, I noticed that there was wheat growing on the side of the road, I wonder how long it’ll be before it’s picked.

Oh it just dawned on me how exrra hard this might be for you, with your diet. Dang. Are you able to stay on track?

————————————-
    I want to go walk again today. Dh says he’s sore, so I may have to go alone, todays my last spring break do nothing day, that I’ve permitted myself. Well, honestly I need to take a crack at a paper and online pre test study questions, and lab activities, and ATI modules, and, read chapters for next exams... and violin practice. I woke thinking I could buy a keyboard to learn piano, then decided I really wanted a cello. I should dedicate another year to violin before adding another instrument I think... but no promises. Piano can be self taught, right?

This week I learned:
    I use too much tp
    I really do like being alone
    I’m lazy without structure or deadlines
    ETA and I really like this plans vs zombies game... hours fly by.

How bout you? Learn anything this week?
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Today I ventured out to see if it really was the apocalypse out there. Stopped by my office at work in downtown to pick the 1/2 gallon of hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes I forgot to take home with me. The tower was a ghost town. We have motion control lights throughout the building. They were all off meaning it had been a long while since anyone moved through the hallways.

Then I tried to go to a Starbucks, but the only location near my route did not have a drive-through so it was closed.

Then I stopped in a grocery store. My plan was to see how bad it really was. The news would make you think people are shooting each other in the aisles and that there was no food anywhere. Instead what I found was normal people buying normal quantities of food and moving orderly through the checkouts. Most of the shelves were full.

No toilet paper, or any paper plates/bowls/etc. Plenty of tissues, soap, and fresh produce. The meat section was a bit light, but plenty for dozens of families. Dairy, sandwich meats, and the like were fully stocked. Frozen food was a bit light, as were jarred and canned food. But still, plenty to choose from. I did grab pumpkin latte ice cream cause why not? :)

Everyone was relaxed. A few had masks and gloves, and we all did what we would to stay separated. Far from the apocalypse.

Drove home feeling a bit better knowing I was right about my fellow Americans. Most of us are just doing what we do, and being reasonable. We may have tough times ahead, but we will pull through this too.

Wow. Not here. No meat, no paper products, no canned goods, the frozen is a bit thin, and the pet food was slim pickings. Plenty of wine on the shelf though...and chips and cookies and this new coke energy. That’s in a town of 5,000 with 2 stores (one Walmart). Sounds like the priority might be the larger cites.

I did get out for a walk today. It was glorious. Then I ate a whole bag of Cheetos.

Same here. I went to the store yesterday for the first time in 8 days. Actually, I went to 3 grocery stores. They were all completely out of the expected things (toilet paper, distilled water but had drinking water - people are stupid and drinking distilled water yet I actually need distilled for my CPAP). The things they had were in short supply. I ended up getting some stuff that was not quite what I would normally eat or buy at a store that was completely out of beef.

I don’t understand hoarding water. The municipal supply is fine. I suppose you could rig something up and distill some yourself. Yesterday on the way to the park, I noticed that there was wheat growing on the side of the road, I wonder how long it’ll be before it’s picked.

Oh it just dawned on me how exrra hard this might be for you, with your diet. Dang. Are you able to stay on track?

————————————-
    I want to go walk again today. Dh says he’s sore, so I may have to go alone, todays my last spring break do nothing day, that I’ve permitted myself. Well, honestly I need to take a crack at a paper and online pre test study questions, and lab activities, and ATI modules, and, read chapters for next exams... and violin practice. I woke thinking I could buy a keyboard to learn piano, then decided I really wanted a cello. I should dedicate another year to violin before adding another instrument I think... but no promises. Piano can be self taught, right?

This week I learned:
    I use too much tp
    I really do like being alone
    I’m lazy without structure or deadlines
    ETA and I really like this plans vs zombies game... hours fly by.

How bout you? Learn anything this week?

I learned I'm not going to show up at the grocery store at 6 a.m. to take advantage of "Senior Shopping Time."