March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Loving all the quilters! And @polskagirl I have a few UFOs I'm going to start working on now... Lol

It's 630am and I'm wide awake. Waiting for the sun to come up and I'll go for my run. Can't wait!
  • Avidkeo
    @kimlight I’d say keep training and run it virtual you are so far into your training cycle. Our half was postponed until October so Skip switched over to ultra trail training instead ha ha Kim just saw your knee update hope it’s nothing

I thought a jellyroll was food

@quilteryoyo stunning quilt yours too @Avidkeo all you talented people

@hanlonsk wake I missed a conversation about hot dogs. Now I’m sad @PastorVincent I had hot dogs for dinner last night, I LOVE hot dogs

@polskagirl01 100% I’ve not been around a while because things have been so busy but I agree. Another talented person!!! Am I the only one who can’t sew?

Is there a link to April in the thread yet I might have missed?

Be up in a day or so. Only the 27th here so a little eatly
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    vhkdtc6pbt96.jpg
    wbj8lyj712ht.jpg
    Here are 2 of my quilts just to add to the show LOL. I wish I had more time to devote to it but maybe when I retire. The second one didn't photograph well. It is dark greens, brown and beige with cream.

WOW!

Y'all in this thread are some talented folks!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Thanks @Avidkeo wanted to be sure I didn't miss it. It's even earlier here, it's only the 26th ;)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    @skippygirlsmom No April thread yet. We are playing roulette as to who sets it up. Wanna take it?
  • Elise4270
    edited March 2020
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom No April thread yet. We are playing roulette as to who sets it up. Wanna take it?

I think I might skip Apr. Will see. Since races are cancelled and I am trying to heal injuries... not sure how long I should stop running to heal, but I detrain fast. So I am already fat even before stopping (temporarily) running. Now I'm getting even more fat, if that was even possible, and have zero aerobic capacity left. By the time Instart running again, whenever that happens, it will be like starting over again. Maybe Apr. sometime or maybe May.

Well. Maybe April needs to be a dual challenge of some sort. Ya'll think on it. I don't mind setting it up, I'm just not running (and can goof it up), and offer the chance to anyone interested to step in.

Challenge
    Our
    Virtual
    ID, (yes "id", psychology)
    Don't give up!

"run" with ideas.

ETA @T1DCarnivoreRunner, I'm fatter than you are... no excuse there buddy-boy. Fall races are gonna be mad, better get training. :p
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
    Beautiful quilts @kimlight2 ! Hope you manage to get back into it at some point in your life.

@bearly63 Beautiful potted plants.

@shanaber Those succulents are pretty. Are they in your yard?

Thanks @skippygirlsmom and @Teresa502 .
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    @shanaber is that your garden? So pretty. Our yard is basically xeriscaped....lots of deer, not so much water in the summer. So I added some pots to get some color. And feed the deer :D
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,884 Member
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member

I think I might skip Apr. Will see. Since races are cancelled and I am trying to heal injuries... not sure how long I should stop running to heal, but I detrain fast. So I am already fat even before stopping (temporarily) running. Now I'm getting even more fat, if that was even possible, and have zero aerobic capacity left. By the time Instart running again, whenever that happens, it will be like starting over again. Maybe Apr. sometime or maybe May.

Well. Maybe April needs to be a dual challenge of some sort. Ya'll think on it. I don't mind setting it up, I'm just not running (and can goof it up), and offer the chance to anyone interested to step in.

Challenge
    Our
    Virtual
    Don't give up!

"run" with ideas.

ETA @T1DCarnivoreRunner, I'm fatter than you are... no excuse there buddy-boy. Fall races are gonna be mad, better get training. :p

I really doubt you are fatter than me. In photos and IRL, I look more thin than I really am. I've mastered the art of hiding it. But over the past 2 weeks, even hiding it has become more and more difficult. Good thing I'm not seeing anyone these days.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    @skippygirlsmom It is also a food. In my case it's a reference to the lyrics in a Sonic Youth song ("Dirty Boots").

You aren't the only one who can't sew, I don't have a crafty bone in my body. My grandmother, mom, and sisters are all great at it and I'm all thumbs. But I did buy a knitting starter kit with the hopes of learning how to do it during this weird time of suspended everything else.

@shanaber It was my first try at a virtual race and it was a bit hard to get in the "race spirit" at first. I tried to use my imagination because who knows when we'll be racing for real again!
  • Elise4270

Challenge
    Our
    Virtual
    Don't give up!

"run" with ideas.

I really doubt you are fatter than me. In photos and IRL, I look more thin than I really am. I've mastered the art of hiding it. But over the past 2 weeks, even hiding it has become more and more difficult. Good thing I'm not seeing anyone these days.

OK. We'll just be fat together. haha! Hang in there. I'm glad there's no where to be so I don't have to try to put on normal clothes, for now.

@quilteryoyo YES! of course. Un-canceled! now, who's setting it up? ok... i'll do it. going now.... *hold music* Everclear's Father of Mine.... (just whats on currently- no reason...)
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member

Dang I wasn't fast enough! Thanks Elise
  • Elise4270

You can have May. Run on my friend.
  • Avidkeo

You can have May. Run on my friend.

Is that from Harry Potter - "Wizzard On!"

Well did my 6.5k comfortably. Then took the kids to the San Diego zoo, followed by the Smithsonian Aeronautical Museum! The first was live cams and the second via videos on YouTube. We learned about aerodynamics, a bit of history ans a bit of space! They lasted about 1hr before losing interest. Was a really cool way of virtually getting out of the house. Going to let them play for a bit then do some reading with miss 5.

She has now declared she wants to be a pilot, so I informed her she needs to concentrate on maths, reading a writing if she wants to be, and she wants to learn more. So good when they are this age!

Definitely not the type of parent to push them into anything, but if the opportunity arises to remind them how important school is, I'm not one to let it pass by haha

Now going to do some sewing, fix my husbands favourite quilt which is really old and falling apart, but he loves. Not going to be long before it's brand new I guess, I've already replaced the sides of the tip and now I'm replacing the entire backing.