WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Found them all very quickly Machka, but I never did find your four leaved clover!! :o

My 5k was fabulous! We went round the least populous end of the promenade and it was fine for s d. There is nothing like the sound of waves breaking on a shingle beach. B) I've got a nice little route now which takes me across the grass of a small park, then around the lagoon, then along the promenade until we get to a small, terraced garden which I run around and up and down some steps, then back past the fish market and back across the park. In the terraced garden their are some succulents which are just coming into yellow flowers and the park has marigolds.

DH is now cooking his apple and blackcurrant dessert (another reason why he's a keeper, Karen) and I will start on my left over lamb curry, with spinach and peas.
    Our soup and trout lunch was extremely tasty.

I am going to make a phone call to my old uni friend this afternoon.

This morning I did my exercises, some memoir and then paid my credit card bill. I had to get the figure on the phone as the actual paper bill has not arrived this month. :# I borrowed the money from my savings as I hope to get it back from Saga. :* Then I will have to sit on the phone for hours to claim back the overpayment. Grrr! Oh well.

Much love to all, especially those having difficult times. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Aaaargh I can see only 11 faces
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday sun shining now had a bit of rain this morning. Weights and cardio done walk outside done
    ngzri4bf996x.jpg
    vfdemh6k05if.jpg
    Anyone know what this bush is on my nieces garden

Kate UK
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Machka ~ I love the challenge of that painting!

SuziQ ~ Your daily "grateful" statements are inspiring.

Karen VA ~ I have used the Flonase spray and have recently started using XYZAL plus generic Singulair at night. As long as I stay inside, I can handle the allergies.

I am able to order groceries by Instacart and they will be delivered on Friday. Just hoping they are able to fill my order!

Carol in GA where it is beautiful outside today!
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Easier Face Mask 😷-

Some are trying the harder patterns y cute look we can’t all do that one. Godmom tried a harder one I’m again suggesting an easier one. Her harder one has failed in trying to make it. Can look ugly just as long as it protects who cares. Fold shirt like Military suggests sew 🧵 around to look like this add strings or ties.washable bleachable easy quick to make thick .This is what old Doctor masks used to look like it’s for patten ideas just Ignore who he is This guy is from a man selling ones to a hospitals or giving to
    sb7u0bumeiol.jpeg
    lg7pxfmg8e9u.jpeg
    ezs2g46f18rc.jpeg

https://youtu.be/tPx1yqvJgf4

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Luci- As a precaution yes stay away from baby but the parents need to wear gloves 🧤 (even winter ones) y a mask in case not touch their eyes wash regularly. Better safe than sorry!

Exercising,steak sandwich 🥪 2 for the day each of us with broth from it added to ramen noodles Incase hubby still hungry. Laundry 🧺 Day again.I’ve ran out of stuff to clean after that. Darn ambulance 🚑 comes in sees our house they’d be baffled on how even the baseboards are so clean lol 😂. 3 months here of virus 🦠 + over a month of isolation makes cleaning a breeze lol 😝

Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kate Not sure but it kinda looks like a species of cherry laurel
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Aaaargh I can see only 11 faces

If you go to the link below the picture, and then scroll down when that link opens, it shows the sketch of all 13 faces. :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    On Facebook I love the Garden ones live our Arboretum and Missouri Botanical the give you virtual tours. Most of my friends post positive or helpful info so I do go to Facebook to keep up with some of my friends. I agree the negative ones it is best to hide and it that doesn't work unfriend.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Machka: I walk our dog in our neighborhood. It is a pretty walk and there are no crowd worries. There is a public park at the end of our road and it has been lightly used. Yesterday the dog and I encountered one person and the social distance was more than adequate. :star: I love the coping calendar & will print it so that I can put it on my bulletin board. :heart:

Amber: I was surprised about the tigers, too. I watch several zoo shows on Animal Planet. There have been shows from New York, the mid-west, Florida & Australia. I saw one from California but only found it one time. I also saw shows from the Chester Zoo in England, but not since before the Covid pandemic. :flowerforyou:

SuziQ: I loved reading your gratitudes. I think it is a great idea to focus on things that are positive. :star:

Viv: Can you set up facetime talks with your sister? We have them with our son & our daughter frequently. Ours are all handled via iphones or ipads. :smiley:

Karen in VA: Our governor has been doing an exemplary job for us during this crisis. She’s acted wisely and promptly to manage the challenges. :star:

Kate UK: I’ve never seen a bush like the one in your photo. It is beautiful. The leaves remind me of rhododendrons, but the flowers are completely different. Karen’s comment about laurel seems like a good possibility. :star:

Lanette: Our local Safeway store has set 7-9 am on Tuesday’s and Thursdays as Senior hours. I’ve been there more than once and it has been a positive experience. Other days and hours are open to everyone. :star: Some of our neighbors are shopping at Fred Meyer. They call in an order in advance & the store has a shopping service that will bring the groceries curbside to their car. They pay via credit/debit card at curbside. This has been true since before the virus outbreak, and it is intended to help those with health problems. :flowerforyou:

I miss seeing my friends. Telephone is better than nothing, but it has been a LONG time since I got to spend time with Arrow or the friend who owns him.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Katla- zookeeper was Asymptomatic so What I want to know is was it spread from the plastic or touching ? Cough on the animal or food? So far 1 cat indoor one y 3 indoor dogs have caught it they made sense they were alone with a body. These zoo animals guess we should have known - China had a No touching animals rule (only your indoor pets folks brung their outdoor pets inside only! )

Amber Tx

Their also saying pets are gaining too much weight during the virus watch the treats - Hubby gives one with out us knowing,then is,then the kids,then hubby again lol 😂.15lb gain in some pets that’s almost 2 stones!! Yikes 😬 My cousin found out every day hubby gave 3treats (puppy a baby only allowed 1 a day!!) she gave it’s 1 treat. Puppy been having 4 treats a day! She fed puppy while in the morning shower hubby fed puppy too! Poor puppy has a huge belly now she had to get on to hubby big time now trying to get the weight off the pup with extra play time to walks in the yard on a leash.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    https://youtu.be/na7bBvAn6qY g6prigtcd3rq.jpeg

Amber Tx

Lol internet famous again lol. Not sure which video she mentioned me in lol