4-5 7k moderate
    4-6 7k easy

April Total: 43k
    April Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k

2020 Total through March: 509k

Foggy and frosty this morning, so back into winter gear. Just a pretty morning to run with no significant niggles.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020K in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

5-23 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson OH
    6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH4-1 7k easy
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @TheMrWobbly Love the Pac Man analogy. You certainly are cleaning up your space!!! WTG!

You can do this @username301 !

Yesterday was a very nice day here....sunny and warm. It was a rest day, so I sat outside and enjoyed nature. Problem was, nature right now is pollen, so my seasonal allergies have flared up. Today, it's my left side - nostril and eye pouring their respective fluids. And sneezing! Does anyone else have to bend over when they sneeze so they don't hurt their back? I know it's allergies and I will survive. It could be a lot worse. The running may take a hit this week though. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Yeah, allergies are fun. Weee. So. Much. Fun. Can you not see how much fun we are having? Weeeeeeee.
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Apologizing in advance for the not so happy post:
    My wife's uncle John past away Friday night from COVID-19. He battled for over a week, but being 90 with severe respiratory issues and pneumonia 3 weeks ago, it was just too much. He and his wife (Aunt Betty) have been more like parents to my wife and I for the 30 years they have been together. And for sure he has been more of a father to me than my father was for the 13 years that he stuck around.
    And.... we got the results back on Aunt Betty last night. She tested positive for COVID-19. She is quarantined in the front two bedrooms / spare bathroom at the front of our house. My wife is having to play caregiver/nurse as her Alzheimer's has gotten quite a bit worse just in the week she has been here. She can no longer dress or feed herself. She gets lost every time she goes around the corner to the bathroom, and doesn't even know how to get into bed anymore. But she isn't showing any real symptoms, so that's a blessing. Wife and I are still symptom free, so taking it one day at a time.

9.0 miles in remembrance of the 90 wonderful years John was on this earth. He was more of a father to me than my father was in the 13 years that I knew him. RIP John, you WILL be missed!!

exercise.png

I'm so sorry ♥♥ My heart goes out to you and your family
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Late check in for me today as I was rushing to get to work this morning. It’s been a stressful day and I will spare you all the details. I had a terrible nights sleep but I’m so glad I forced myself out this morning for my run. Got treated to the most beautiful sunrise. I never normally stop on a run but I had to quickly capture the sky. If I’ve done it right, the pic is pasted below..

Keep safe and sane everyone x

April goal: 75 miles
    April total: 22 miles

1/4: 3.6 miles
    2/4: 3.7 miles
    3/4: 3.5 miles
    4/4: 4.1 miles
    5/4: 3.5 miles
    6/4: 3.6 miles

March: 76.4 m
    February: 17.8 m
    January: 0

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @faebert - glad you were able to get out for a run to start your day! That sunrise was definitely worth it!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

@brittanystebbins95, @Teresa502, @shanaber - I am still that kid, just older and heavier :D
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,108 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Faebert Beautiful sunrise.

@eleanorhawkins That report card made me laugh!