April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Sorry you had a bad day yesterday. I hope it was just dehydration. I don't think I have been drinking enough water either. Need to be more mindful. Hope you are feeling better today.

@Faebert Hope you are doing better today. Sorry about breaking your streak, but you did the responsible thing. You can always start another streak when you are feeling better.

@eleanorhawkins Great job on the speed work!

@mbaker566 Great run. Cockleburs can be painful. Did speed demon get any? I hate trying to pick them out of my Tippy's fur. Love your photos. When I have time, I'll share a funny story from my childhood about cockleburs.

she got a few but nothing too bad. she's got kinda short/medium length lab/cattledog hair
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    I appreciate ugly attention seeking clowns, as this experience has brought many of them out and in full effect.

I am here because I run. Seriously. I RUN. That's why I'm here. But I'm still amused by clowns even if I stay away from them.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Mirror glaze is so beautiful, I've always wanted to try it myself! Hope yours turns out well.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Mirror glaze is so beautiful, I've always wanted to try it myself! Hope yours turns out well.

I have not seen this yet. I am not Googling it until she posts a picture of hers so I can have a nice surprise :smiley:
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    4/2 – 5.04 miles
    4/3 – 3.15
    4/4 – 11
    4/6 – 2.4
    4/7 – 5.18
    4/8 – 3.02
    4/9 – 6.43
    4/11 – 11.03
    4/12 – 2.55
    4/14 – 5.30
    4/15 – 3.02
    4/16 – 4.40

63.07 miles monthly total

Yesterday, I finished up my second week of marathon mileage with 28.32 miles. I had limited time this morning due to a meeting but I was able to get in 4.4 miles. About one-half mile was a combo of walking/trotting back up the hill so my overall pace wasn't that great. It was 32F when I started out around 6:30 am but not a cloud in the sky. There was a little bit of frost on the ground down by the creek. It didn’t stop the birds from singing though. They were a happy bunch!

@rheddmobile – Sorry that your mom is struggling. You certainly did not struggle during your 5k virtual race – great pace!

@quilteryoyo – I’m proud to be your friend and @kgirlhart – I also tend to talk about my running “friends” in this group. I usually describe them as this runner I know from Texas, etc. on MFP...!

@hamsterwheel6 – congratulations on your HM PR!

@Scott6255- in addition to lack of sleep you have a lot of stress on you right now and that will take a toll on your body so don’t worry if your runs are off. Just keep running to relieve the stress. You can work on pace later.

@Faebert and @katharmonic – hope you both are feeling better.

@britanystebbins95 – hope your puppy is doing better too!

@Camaramandy648 – sounds like your leg could do with a few days of rest. It truly is a miracle cure!

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

I have not seen this yet. I am not Googling it until she posts a picture of hers so I can have a nice surprise :smiley:

It's going to be a few days yet! It's worth googling cause the videos of people pouring it is so satisfying lol though I appreciate that you want the surprise, that's so sweet!!

I'll try get video of me pouring and share the link!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    @bearly63 Good for you for being charitable. My doctor told me to stop giving blood because the last time I got really anemic afterwards and it took a while to build it back up. I haven't given since. Wish I could.

Great run @kgirlhart! I love hummingbirds.

@Teresa502 Sounds like a very nice run!

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 Yes, I think so -

I posted in the Run the Edge Facebook group and everyone came back with resounding PT exercises, + The Runner's Fix Instagram page = more PT exercises.

I'll incorporate these into what I'm already doing and hopefully hopefully hopefully I'll be all right. I do not want to go to the doctor right now.

@LoveyChar I think I missed something - But I hope you're okay and I miss us cheering each other on. I'm so glad you have kept running and I am thinking of you!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 I have that same buff. I love it!! And, when I first pulled up your pictures, I thought "Kelly Roberts posted here?!" Then I saw Speed Demon and knew all was well in cold, April in WI!

@brittanystebbins95 So sorry to hear your companion isn't doing well! I had to put my fuzzy daughter to sleep almost 2 months ago, still miss her. Sending lots of doggy love to her and you, hopefully she is on the mend soon! Where in WI are you?
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @brittanystebbins95 hope your pup is feeling better. It's so hard to see them not well.

@Faebert sorry you had to break your streak, but hope you will feel better with some rest.

@Camaramandy648 hopefully some rest and stretching/PT exercises will do your leg some good too!

Nice run @kgirlhart! I get it with the gloves and shorts - I have mild Raynaud's as well. Sometimes worse than others but I think I notice it more when it's actually not super cold out yet my hands are cold. Nice splits on your run, and you've been putting in some good miles this month!

Great job on marathon week 2 @Teresa502!

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    04/01/20 :::: 5.0 :::: 5.0
    04/02/20 :::: 3.0 :::: 8.0
    04/03/20 :::: 3.5 :::: 11.6
    04/04/20 :::: 10.2 :::: 21.8
    04/05/20 :::: 1.5 :::: 23.3
    04/06/20 :::: 2.3 :::: 25.6
    04/07/20 :::: 4.6 :::: 30.2
    04/08/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 33.3
    04/09/20 :::: 3.0 :::: 36.3
    04/10/20 :::: 4.0 :::: 40.3
    04/11/20 :::: 8.3 :::: 48.6
    04/12/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 51.7
    04/13/20 :::: 5.1 :::: 56.8
    04/14/20 :::: 3.5 :::: 60.3
    04/15/20 :::: 3.3 :::: 63.5
    04/16/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 66.6

I mostly felt better today (thanks @quilteryoyo and @teresa502 and everyone with the hugs), but still have a little residual dizziness. I'm wondering if it's a little positional vertigo because it really happens if I sit up quickly from lying down. I tried to be more mindful of hydration today, but I still didn't drink as much as I should. I need to set some goals and keep track maybe.

I didn't walk Stella yesterday so she was raring to go today. I was busy until mid-afternoon though, so she had to (impatiently) wait and then I took her out between my classes. It snowed overnight and on and off today. We managed to catch one of the snow flurries while out walking
    b2jcjcg0vnbi.jpg

Which all meant I put off my run until the end of the day again. So I went out at about 5 and wanted to get at least 3 miles done. I ended up running progressively faster starting at about an 11 min mile and ending at 9:30 min mile. I *really* wanted to be done at the end and I had shorted my out and back a little so I had to run past my house and loop back. I was so mad that I couldn't stop when I got to my driveway because I still needed about .4 miles, so I ran that last bit hard. LOL, the mental games are ridiculous sometimes but it got the job done.

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Monthly silly question

Is your second toe longer than your first?
    Is your third toe longer than your first?

Inquiring minds wanna know.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Monthly silly question

Is your second toe longer than your first?
    Is your third toe longer than your first?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Lol my first and second are about the same. 3rd is definitely shorter.

py66m3tyhnff.jpg
    And you can see just how wide my feet are here bahaha
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    4/3 - 3
    4/4 - 3
    4/7 - 3
    4/9 - 2
    4/10 - 3
    4/11 - 3
    4/12 - 2