Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog. Great alarm clock, sometimes.

I am officially at home - and the group that meets at a distance (I wear a dental mask) had music and to be away from Mrs Monster I was dancing in my own way. Neighbor's husband works for a medical supply place so my job this weekend is to find out where it is and see what their prices are on masks.

Small shopping list, looking for things to add to salads and will get breakfast for 2 meals this weekend.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

Only one eye is open so far....

*flagging down the CBoy with the half-caf*

Lana

253.6 today
    255.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Lynn, that's what I thought. Trees at home? That seems like a lot.

Another cloudy day. Off to DP for an hour or two.

Have a good day, all.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Lynn, that's what I thought. Trees at home? That seems like a lot.

Another cloudy day. Off to DP for an hour or two.

Have a good day, all.

Lynn and Maureen~~

When my parents were living, they were able to get a bunch of little tiny pine trees from New York State for planting. Is that what Wisconsin does too?
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn in Missouri and Tracy in Tennessee and maybe even Runa in OK....

How are you doing?
    The radar map looked as if some huge-*kitten* storms were coming through your part of the country.
    Are you all OK?

😳
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Yup dog got me up. She is now feed and happy enough.

Quiet day today and I have a couple of options cooking wise so we shall see.

Hey Lana I can top your 20 pound gain - mine only took one year!!! So as my steps are decent it is for me what I eat which is improving and it shows on the scale again - and then I eat cake. Means I need to get my steps today.....

Wave to all who follow. If you are in storm country, I hope you are double safe.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

I have to find a way to break this cycle/pattern I've been in for a while:
    I have one good day food wise,
    then there's a decent second day, but somehow at the end of that day I lose my ability to care about weight loss and I way overeat to fix my loneliness,
    then there's the third day of feeling out of sorts, but eating a maintenance level of calories,
    and then the three-day cycle begins again.
    🤦🏼‍♀️
    My living alone and my depression are the main drivers of this.

Hmm.
    I think that I will try to find my small collection of MFP Food Diaries from the past that I printed up. They might actually be in the filing box.....maybe that will help me plan today out.

BBL

Lana
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Dawn in Missouri and Tracy in Tennessee and maybe even Runa in OK....

How are you doing?
    The radar map looked as if some huge-*kitten* storms were coming through your part of the country.
    Are you all OK?

😳
    Lana

Hi all!! I’m doing well in Oklahoma!! We had some intense hail Wednesday morning and storms again Friday of this week, but I didn’t have any damage to my car, thankfully!!

It’s good to see all the posts from folks. I’ve been delivery meals and sticking to strict quarantine still. I went briefly inside an ALDI, Walgreens, and Taco Bell (drive thru) this week for the first time since the week of March 8th. It was quite different, to say the least.

Hope everyone continues to do well as many states relax their stay-at-home orders. Some businesses opened in a suburb starting Friday last week. I’m one of those wait-and-see folks, since I’m still delivering meals while the nonprofit is closed to its members.

Runa
  • mkculs13
    Options
    All y'all with the storms, sounds like you've done ok. I hope that's true. We lived in OK when I was born/after that; my folks had 5 little kids. The advice was to pack your kids in the car in the carport if a tornado was likely. My mom says she decided waking 5 kids in the middle of the night was worse, so she never moved us. And now I wonder what made anyone think the carport was safer?

We had 60F by noon and I spent a lovely 1.5 hours in the dog park by a river. It was busy but folks were good about social distancing. Watching the dogs that would swim and those that wouldn't (like my two numbskulls) was hilarious. I should get video (how useful of me to think of that now).

Lana, my pattern is 2-3 days under goal, 1 day at maintenance, 1 day over maintenance. The overall trend is down but omg so slowly. I either need to do better or be ok with how long it will take. And the thought of having to reduce my calories as I lose is painful. Why doesn't MFP adjust down your cals according to your settings every time you do a check in? That would make more sense IYAM (which no one is doing, of course).

Trying to decide where to go out walking next. My friend might be home to walk with me--at a distance, of course. I am so excited that it is so nice. Need to shop too, but *not* so excited. I hate shopping. And cooking. And cleaning. :)

I hope all are enjoying a nice day.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I get the depression Lana. As long as I feel this way I'll never lose weight. It's raining here again and to continue. Had some upsetting news. We really aren't close to Philadelphia but the way the government is cutting up our state out region will be opened up with them. We have had very little COVID 19. We live in the middle of no where surrounded by 3 mountains. It takes 30 minutes to get to a Wal-Mart or Mcdonalds. It's really distressing.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    We are good here in Mo. Heavy rain, yesterday morning. But, nothing crazy. Still chances of rain this week..... hopefully, not crazy storms...
  • AndreaMarie1236
    AndreaMarie1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome home!!

Sara!!!
    I made it!
    I had to change my user name a bit, but Whew~~

Lana
    *tossing bag and towel onto favorite lounge chair*

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    So glad I checked the weather report we are usually a very low humidity so it is now 54% which would explain the sweating here - I was beginning to worry......
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, I hear you! I sweat like nobody's business. When thin and in great shape-high school basketball team--I sweated so much people thought something was wrong. But I played nearly every minute of every game and never wore out; I just sweated a lot. Add 90 lbs, many years, and greatly reduced fitness. And then add a medication that causes extra sweating as a side-effect. I'm always wet. It's one of the primary reasons I'd like to lose weight--although my "natural" sweat setting and the medication won't change, but losing a significant amount of fat would have to help. I hope. I'd sure hate to lose all that weight "for nothing." :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

No crowded CA beaches for me - they are too far away - and hey they are too crowded. I have to go to deal with Mrs Monster and clean out the cubicle because it is a mess and needs to look better. I also need help with getting the "phone attached" so I can attend meetings and get a production report printed that I do not have access to this week. I will remedy that for next week but I am stuck this week. Trip to Post Office to send cousin a book and I should be done before lunch. We shall see.

Roasting Yukon Gold and Sweet Potatoes with Asparagus to set up a couple different meals.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Hello Sara! Good luck dealing with Mrs. Monster today. Alejandro will be with you with the large can of "you-know-what spray." 😉

I am glad that everyone is surviving whatever weather they are having. Big thunderstorms rolled through here last night, but thankfully I slept through them.

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

253.4 today
    258.8 highest
    179.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Good morning.
    Mrs. Monster...LOL Love the nickname.
    Lana - sending you big hugs - you got this....sounds like a plan is being hatched as I type.
    Responses to my trees post- yes we bought the trees through a program at the county land conservation. They are tiny trees, but cost about a buck a piece. So even if 25% live it is still a good deal. The home we remodeled a couple years back is on 6 acres so we are trying to fill some of it up with trees.
    Maureen - I hope you enjoyed the beauty of a weekend Wisconsin put together for us. Was great to be outside.
    Runa - waves. Glad you are going well!
    Tracy- Holy smokes that is alot of scrubbing! I can see the shine from here! :smiley:
    Waves to Holly, Dawn and all others who stop by.
    Lynn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Mrs Monster update, she was really not to be bothered with me today - she deferred to the Lead who will be in tomorrow as MM has next two days off. So I cleaned up and scooted out of there. I will probably have to bring in my computer to have drives installed, but with any luck it will not be this week.

Lynn what kind of trees? Are they good windbreaker trees? Details please.

They are taking out the shrubs in the building next to me and had the kindness to wait until 9am to start. I am hoping the grinder goes around the corner at some point to share the noise with the neighbors.

Brought home my hot pot and water jug that has written on it how many ounces I have had. Very naked my cubicle. I left my silk flower and humidifier. Dont want to make it look like I was "let go".

I have gotten out of the habit of taking my water pill so if I start tonight it will be interesting to see if the scale shows anything.

Too noisy yet to take a nap, and too much dust being thrown around. Hmmmm what to do?

I am with Lynn, Lana any plan that you start is a great beginning.