The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me! And back to working out/counting calories. 2 yrs ago my Father passed away and I turned to liquor to help mask the pain. I still haven't fully recovered from it. Probably never will.

So here I am back 2yrs, 60lbs and I don't know how many shots/bottles later. Gotta start somewhere.

Congratulations for coming back!!
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    "last day 1"
    I'm gonna steal it :smiley:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Ok so I have given myself a good swift kick in the A** and got back on track this past weekend. I was done with all of April going through the new change, I am not going to say normal because this is not normal, of the Stay-At-Home. I was a drunken fool every weekend of April!

I got my ish together and got back on track. Past weekend was wonderful. I didn't drink Friday so I was able to enjoy the beautiful weather Saturday and go for a 4 mile run. My hubby bought Jose Cuervo Light Margaritas. I did have 3 drinks but I STOPPED there. Typically I would have kept drinking and then would have gone and bought more liquor and cigarettes. This is a big accomplishment for me. Sunday I was able to get up and go for a 3.5 mile run and I DID NOT drink. I logged my food and stayed within my calorie goals. So last weekend was a winner.

@RubyRed427 I know exactly what you mean about the drunken text messages except I am a loveable drunk. So it is good not having to go through text messages telling everyone how much i love them LOL!!!!

@FeelinFooFoo I am so happy for you progress. You testimony is motivating me!!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    OK that wasn't supposed to be in all caps, Just FFF's quote. :)
  • tabithadaye29
    tabithadaye29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I get so stressed out thinking about not drinking. I hear you are less stressed when you stop drinking but I almost go into panic mode. I know a lot of people just get rid of the alcohol and don't go to the store to get more. I just can't seem to do it but if I have alcohol in the house I am all about drinking as much as I can but not to the point that I am sloppy drunk. What advise do you guys have for me? Is it a situation where I just need to suck it up?
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I get so stressed out thinking about not drinking. I hear you are less stressed when you stop drinking but I almost go into panic mode. I know a lot of people just get rid of the alcohol and don't go to the store to get more. I just can't seem to do it but if I have alcohol in the house I am all about drinking as much as I can but not to the point that I am sloppy drunk. What advise do you guys have for me? Is it a situation where I just need to suck it up?

The only time I get stressed out about not drinking is in social settings when people pressure me to drink and I am NOT drinking LOL! If the alcohol is not in my house I don't think about it. If I am tempted to go out and buy some I usually have to keep telling myself why I am not drinking. I remind myself of my goals I want to accomplish (weight loss) by not drinking and I think about how good I feel when I don't drink.