The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hi Friends, I had to catch up with 23 posts. I have been a busy bee packing and de-cluttering ( Lorraine you can relate). All is well here. Despite yesterday I felt anxious for no reason ( took my emergency anti-anxiety pill that I have for rare occasions), I didn’t drink. My husband and I went out to dinner (funny thing is we are getting along better now that we’re divorcing) and he had water while I had delicious coconut sparkling water. He did eye the wine list a few times. The bill for a delicious dinner was only $38 and if we had both had some wine for example, it would have been 30 bucks more. Big savings.

Congrats to those who are doing so well. And if anyone isn’t and worried to share that, don’t be. We are all in this together- win or fail on occasion. At the ITalian restaurant we were at yesterday they had several sparkling water flavors (coconut, mango, berry and one other). I thought that was nice variety on the menu.

Back to packing.... sending all peaceful wishes for a lovely day! <3

Best wishes! ❤️❤️❤️
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    kelagurl wrote: »
    Great to find this group! Alcohol has always went hand in hand with my weight problem and is a problem in and of itself, I am sober now with the help of Smart Recovery a secular organization for sobriety. Losing weight is much simpler without alcohol, living life is much simpler without alcohol too!

Welcome @shiandy8406 !! I come to this board often for inspiration and support. Glad I found it too. I’m going to check out Smart Recovery... sounds interesting!

I keep hearing about Smart Recovery. Thanks for bringing it up. I’ll check it out too. Welcome to our thread! Xo