WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    i had to correct last papers before last class for 2 groups tomorrow. it's super complicated correcting online (computer compatibility, mix ups, etc), sometimes i pdf or word doc works great, sometimes they bug. i had to redo a handful due to incompatibility or mix ups in unclear docs sent. so rather than work under pressure tomorrow mornign i finished at 2:15 am since i wasn't too tired near midnight. now i have a belly ache and am not sleepy. but my corrections are done and class isn't till 12 noon.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 57.37min, 145mhr, 13.8amph, 13.23mi= 492c
    apple watch- 493c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.13min, 143mhr, .55mi= 59c
    apple watch- 61c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 5.13min, 9.22min mi, 151mhr, .55mi= 56c
    apple watch- 59c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.01min, 9.1amph, 155mhr, 2.57mi= 171c
    apple watch- 147c

total 778
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,038 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I found a new walking route, so we've been seeing this before making our way down to the beach. It's a little quieter on the cliff tops ...

jfngdhdzwhzg.png

Have you been exploring your neighbourhood? :)
    Machka in Oz

We have been exploring all the little side roads. We’re both into gardening, so it’s good to see how others have treated their front gardens. We have also been walking out into the countryside. This is a 5 minute walk from our home.
    20tzmwcxp5bf.jpeg

As for accents, do you mean Northern Irish, West Irish, Dublin Irish, Belfast? There are so many accents, even in different parts of Belfast City. 😂 I can do quite a few of them! 😂

That's beautiful ... reminds me a lot of northern Tasmania! I'd love to cycle that road!

And as for the accent, I don't know. It surprised me when people started guessing I was from Ireland because of my Irish accent!

I'm guessing it is because I pronounce my final "r"s ... "shore" is "show-r" not "show (r)". Easter is "East-r" not "East-ah".

M in Oz
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Pip - Ouch!!!

Okie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did Jeanette Jenkins Cardio Sculpt DVD. I don’t know why I put this in the pile of DVD’s that I was questioning. It’s quite good. Maybe I have another copy of it, I don’t remember. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Patrick Godeau Dumb Training and Play Ball DVD. I’m thinking that this is not going to make the cut. I know that at one point I had a Patrick Godeau DVD called Play Ball and I didn’t like it.

There is evidently a lot of dissention down at the condo because they closed the pool and removed all the chairs from the porch on the clubhouse to dissuade people from congregating. But it does seem that the people are coping. Doing things like having the line dancing (which previously was in the clubhouse) in the parking lot and other things in the parking lot. They were complaining about “how can we advertise a pool when we can’t use it”. Really, it’s a much better idea not to have someone unknown come into the condo complex. Well, I’m not there full time so it really doesn’t affect me.

Pam – welcome, so glad you decided to join in!

That bridge that the dentist “jury-rigged” is on the left side of my mouth. I do find that I’m chewing more on the right side. It just feels “weird” but I know it’ll be better once I get the permanent bridge in. At least it was put in enough so that the other teeth won’t shift.

Barbie – do you get the newspaper (even online)? That’s how we found out that a lady from the bowling league passed away.

Tonya – your father was certainly a special man! No apologies necessary,

Telemarketers: what I hate is when you think it’s a telemarketer who is calling because they don’t have a caller ID and then find that it’s a call you really wanted. Like this morning the hospital called to set up my appt for Prolia. Well, I didn’t recognize the number and the caller ID just said “Hickory” so I thought it was a telemarketer. Here is was the hospital!

Crazy weather – yesterday I was in the spa, today I have a sweater on.

Pip – you really do need Rebecca’s bubble wrap

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,038 Member
    Options
    jsvxuf8dcrf4.png
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,507 Member
    Options
    Ouch Pip! I'm so sorry, it looks painful, (not as painful as the collarbone incident💖).
    Hugs!
    Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    Ll
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Michele- Exactly !! I call a relative they don’t have my number saved in the phones they assume telemarketing don’t answer!! Or it’s for JRs medical but they always use random numbers like a telemarketer so I don’t answer they cancel an appointment or chose a different option for me on health insurance!
    JR lost his health insurance same time as the pandemic so he now has none. Oh well paid cash for Daughter her whole life even worked extra jobs to pay them off..that’s life. I also hate calls that are automative so you hang up then find out it was the Doctor office or the grocery store to say something important!

Amber Tx

Got my footlockers in their humongous! So the locks I bought are a size too small(luckily they fit luggage 🧳 so can use it in future trips to secure my bags! Might even stick on our emergency hospital bags! Safety that way!

Goodness Pip! If you wouldn’t have caught yourself with your hand you’d have a broken jaw y concussion!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Dang, PIP You did do a number on yourself. When do you find out if your teeth are OK?
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,507 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Sweet Tracey!💖
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    sorry for your fall PIP i hope you are ok

cute fairy picture TRACEY

way over calories yesterday, partly boredom and lockdown. i wanted to go out after class yesterday but here we're not supposed to go out but 1x a day for sport. i had already spent about 1h walking around looking for masks yesterday

MASKS: (they just started selling medical masks but ran out within hours in most places on Monday), and finally got 10 and my regular pharmacy: 95 centimes a mask, they used to be 7 cents a mask: why they set a maximal price 10x normal for this essential product is a mystery to me. There are also cloth masks for maybe 5 euros or so, but they have to be, they say, washed at 60 degrees centigrade for 30 min after each use and can be only used 20 times. I question how economical and ecological that can be, relatively speaking. My washing machine doesn't have a fast cycle for hot washes. I don't usually do a hot wash more than 1x a week max (sheets and towels).
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    B)