WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    Options
    17 years. Oh wow!
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

It's also 17 years since I met my husband. We "met" on a cycling forum in March 2003 and in person on a long-distance cycling event in France in August 2003. But it took a couple years before anything developed.

Happy Anniversary!

Machka in Oz
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Machka : Regarding scams, like you I don't answer the phone, I have caller ID so I can see if it is someone I know, if the number not recognised I let it go to the answer machine, it's usually the recorded messages that leave a message. Just seen the meme about the flu shots - nearly choked on my coffee :D so funny. By the way Happy Anniversary. <3

Heather: Happy Meeting anniversary to you <3

I met my hubby in a night club a month before my 18th birthday, (I'll have to tell you about it one of these days) we were married 3 months later, most people thought we "had" to get married, but we'd been married seven years before starting a family. He was honestly the love of my life, although he drove me mad some days, but I miss him.

Well better get on with few chores before venturing out to the post office for a birthday card for my SIL, and get it posted it's her birthday on Sunday - such a shame we can't visit but she lives too far to even chat on her doorstep. Will probably pay a few bills and the lottery for my mum whilst I'm there.

Love
    Viv UK <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    Options
    Mostly ran on my treadmill with Zwift for an hour ... :) I needed that!! And I need to do it a bit more often! :)

bmhwqichmalh.png

pf6fyl3w7wx7.png

q8ex80h5ayud.png

Machka in Oz
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Karen - I love the way kids, even babies, can pick up where they left off! :D We used to see them much less than once a month and they remembered all the games and conversations as if we had seen them yesterday. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Wednesday!
    Pip- Ouch! I hope all heals well and things go well at the dentist. On the upside: a lot of women are paying top dollar for that plumped up lip look! You got yours for free! ;)>:)
    Tonya, Karen, Tracey and all- Thank you for sharing the "dad" stories. I was close to my dad, as well. He was my "parent" (although I was close to my mom, too) due to my younger sister being adopted when I was six months old. She would only go to my mom, so I became daddy's baby. I don't remember any heart to heart type conversations. He was just an ever-present calm soul. He put up with my goofy behaviour (dancing on the golf course while I was caddying for him), my angry outbursts (which, as a teen, included some fowl language), my demolition of his home (being stood up for a date+kicking the wall in anger=hole in the wall). Those are some instances when he could have yelled or became violent, but he would just take a deep breath and calm me down. I wish he were still around so I could ask him how hard that was. Lost both my parents 27 years ago. Mom to cancer, dad six months later complications from heart attack.
    Rebecca- Athena! that spaghetti eating beauty! <3
    Heather- Happy "Meetaversary"! B)

*sigh* I know there are more of you I wanted to respond to, but everything has completely left my brain! SO...Love and hugs to everyone! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Kelly How difficult it must have been to lose both parents within 6 months of each other. Do you think your father died of a broken heart?

>>>

Happy Anniversaries to everyone who is having an anniversary!

And if there are any birthdays out there - Happy Birthday!

>>>

View from my window:

ojhjsmgmvt6i.png
    3yy2s2a10b5o.png
    dydgd8ilnemk.png

>>>

Karen in Virginia

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    And from Nebraska Through the Lens:

4p3vgdgdfurw.png
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Pip: That looks painful. I hope Kirby is spoiling you a little to compensate. πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•
    Machka: We only answer when we recognise the number. Everything else goes to answerphone.
    Tracey: I would love a laundry fairy. She’s adorable.
    Heather: Happy meetaversary!
    Congrats to any other anniversary birthday girls.
    Welcome to any newbies.
    πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’• and πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ» to any who need them. I’m channelling all my positive vibes out into the stratosphere.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Dang, PIP You did do a number on yourself. When do you find out if your teeth are OK?

have a dentist app. today
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: Β»
    Good morning all! Happy Wednesday!
    Pip- Ouch! I hope all heals well and things go well at the dentist. On the upside: a lot of women are paying top dollar for that plumped up lip look! You got yours for free! ;)>:)
    Tonya, Karen, Tracey and all- Thank you for sharing the "dad" stories. I was close to my dad, as well. He was my "parent" (although I was close to my mom, too) due to my younger sister being adopted when I was six months old. She would only go to my mom, so I became daddy's baby. I don't remember any heart to heart type conversations. He was just an ever-present calm soul. He put up with my goofy behaviour (dancing on the golf course while I was caddying for him), my angry outbursts (which, as a teen, included some fowl language), my demolition of his home (being stood up for a date+kicking the wall in anger=hole in the wall). Those are some instances when he could have yelled or became violent, but he would just take a deep breath and calm me down. I wish he were still around so I could ask him how hard that was. Lost both my parents 27 years ago. Mom to cancer, dad six months later complications from heart attack.
    Rebecca- Athena! that spaghetti eating beauty! <3
    Heather- Happy "Meetaversary"! B)

*sigh* I know there are more of you I wanted to respond to, but everything has completely left my brain! SO...Love and hugs to everyone! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

loll.. that's funny
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    (((PIP))) That looks very painful.

KAREN ~ Love the photos of you and Lily. Also, those parrots.

REBECCA ~ That sounds like a wonderful gift for Athena.

TRACY ~ That little fairy helper is just too cute!

BETH ~ My husband disinfects everything too.

CAROL in GA

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Welcome new gals, I enjoy learning about you and those pictures you are sharing. This is the place to be!

Katiebug - What a sad situation regarding the virus and that beauty shop - almost a perfect storm. :(

Pip - we took up a collection and Amazon will be delivering an industrial size roll of bubble wrap to you. Please encase yourself before leaving the house, lol. B)

Machka - great photos, as always. Loved the cartoon with the doctor using the patient as a dart board, lol.

The clinic I go to isn't getting many patients these days. I don't think they are hurting too much from lack of income as it's a "direct care" facility where everyone pays a monthly fee, tho they do take walk-ins getting CDL exams and just people who don't have a regular doctor and needs to see one quickly. They are also doing virus and antibody testing. As of last week, negatives on both.

Our health department reports no new positives in the past week or so in our little county. An average of 25 tests are being done per day on folks with symptoms and they are all Covid-19 negative so far. Looks like colds, allergies, and other flu's are making the rounds.

Does anyone know if the antibody test is being covered by insurance or the government? Last I heard it was $55 out of pocket. If that's the case, there might be lots of folks with antibodies who had very mild cases but can't afford to be tested. Hard to keep up with all this.

Karen in VA
    - I could feel your joy holding that little one. Your description of your perfect day gave me a lift. <3 Always look forward to the views from a window you post.

Terri - you share such nifty photos of your countryside, it's almost like being there. Thanks and please continue. Another terrific point of this group - it's like a travelogue, lol.

Penny
    - that bread looks SOOOO GOOOOD. I have a recipe for "Cuban Bread" which is baked in a bowl that I haven't tried yet, I'm not sure I have any bowls I'd trust in the oven. I might try it with a casserole dish one of these days though.

The bulk of tomatoes in our greenhouse are leaving today.... I'm going to jet a Sungold (sweet orange cherry tomato) over to a town nearby this morning and meet my girlfriend who is trading one of her home grown impatiens for it. Then this afternoon my other girlfriend is coming and it looks like I have 16 or 20 for her! What she doesn't use she'll pass along to relatives and neighbors. Temps in the 80's this weekend so it looks like great planting weather.

I hope to get our few in the ground tomorrow and heap more dirt onto the potato patch.

Rita
    - do you know the name of the tomato in the photo you shared? Is it a container type? I discovered one last year called Little Sicily which is really compact and produces a lot of good tomatoes for its size - yours reminds me of it.

Like Carol and Heather and Machka and others in this group, we aren't having much distress over this new way of life. We are saving money for sure by just buying less - fewer trips to town to "shop". I miss eating lunch with my girlfriends every couple weeks but I think that will resume in another month or so - no reason we can't grab a take-out and meet at a picnic table somewhere and catch up. Sounds like good fun, actually. Restaurants get SO noisy and crowded, I never liked them that much anyhow.

Thinking about Rori and Kylia this morning. Sending good thoughts your way.

OK ladies, time to get busy around here. Make it a fabulous day!! <3

Lanette
    Rainy SW WA State
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :)Louise, welcome to our friendly community. If you are looking for like minded women you have come to the right place. We stay away from topics that are divisive and talk about everything else. I routinely wake up in the middle of the night to take my dogs out for a quick chance to pee. Before I go to bed, I've laid out a treat for them (and for the cat who expects one even though he has done nothing). For myself I get a stick of string cheese--easy to portion, some protein, and not messy to eat. Then I get back in bed, shut off the light and read a book I have on the Kindle app on my phone. I read sometimes for a few minutes and sometimes for hours. Either way, I am a winner because I get either sleep or a delightful opportunity to read.

:)Pip, your resilience is inspiring to all of us. Too many people use a surprise fall as an opportunity to whine, check out, and seek sympathy. You just jump right up and get back to business.

:)Michele, I know that if someone in my class died, I'd hear about it. I am more concerned about people who will find that getting back into the discipline of dancing is too much for them after being home for so long,

:) We gave up our land line phone a few years ago and now each of us has a cell phone. Because there were so many phone extensions in the house, there was no way to shut the system down during nap time or at bed time. It's so easy to either silence or shut off a cell phone. I answer my phone only if I know who is calling. If it is important they'll leave a message and I'll call back immediately. My cell phone is usually on silent because I don't want to be universally available to get a call.

:smiley:<3 Barbie from NW WA