What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    briscogun wrote: »
    There are some over-achievers posting in here!

Agreed! Don't ya hate that? ;)
  • Djproulx
    Options
    Resumed my practice of doing a bit of yoga and foam rolling this morning. It was long overdue. Finally getting some milder weather in Ct today. I snuck in an easy 40 minute run at lunch. Just over 4 miles.

My garmin HRM finally died after almost 5 years. Ordered a Wahoo Tickr this time around.
  • Rhysl345
    Rhysl345 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    klove808 wrote: »
    20 min Walk/run stairs - morning

20 min yoga,
    40 min calisthenics/dumbbells. Trying your workout @Rhysl345
    Rhysl345 wrote: »
    On the 5:00 x 2 Rounds:
    21 Over-and-Back Dumbbell Hops
    12 Thrusters
    9 Clean and Jerks
    6 Devil's Press

On the 5:00 x 2 Rounds:
    6 Devil's Press
    9 Clean and Jerks
    12 Thrusters

Smash it!
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    3.5 mile run and about 20 min of core. It was supposed to be 30 minutes but I just was not into it at all so skipped the last 10ish minutes.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Resumed my practice of doing a bit of yoga and foam rolling this morning. It was long overdue. Finally getting some milder weather in Ct today. I snuck in an easy 40 minute run at lunch. Just over 4 miles.

My garmin HRM finally died after almost 5 years. Ordered a Wahoo Tickr this time around.

I've heard really good things about the Wahoo Tickr but if that one eventually bites the dust, Coospo (had never heard of it when I bought one because, quite frankly, it was so cheap and I figured what the heck) has been fantastic. Strap could use to be a wee bit more comfortable but it's been really accurate and has lasted a year already.

Plus it works in both ANT+ and Bluetooth.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    For any of my out of work or friends with more time...is anyone else bored exercising?
  • Bari_Tone
    Bari_Tone Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    alexmose wrote: »
    For any of my out of work or friends with more time...is anyone else bored exercising?

@alexmose Heck - I get bored often...but I do it anyway because I know after I get done doing it, I will be glad I did.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Bari_Tone wrote: »

@alexmose Heck - I get bored often...but I do it anyway because I know after I get done doing it, I will be glad I did.

Ah I meant like with additional free time, more time to exercise. I don’t need to but damn it’s nice out let’s go for a walk!!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Wed 5/13

Morning
    10 mile mountain bike on trails with many inclines

Afternoon
    33 chin ups, 100 push ups (both in sets to failure)

I didn't post yesterday but it was the same as today with added 32 min spin bike in afternoon. Today, my legs are spent!
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options

I exercise every day and sometimes when I am not feeling it, the sessions seem to last forever. I hate those days! haha and I am semi-retired so I have all the time in the world.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    Biked (road) 72 miles. Felt guilty for not running.

Going to prep bread soon and do a home strength abdominal workout.

Slacker!!! ;)

Nice work, Iron sister!

Haha thank you.

Rode so hard last week I injured my glute.
    ...then rode so hard that night I really injured it.

Second day no cardio :(
  • Djproulx
    Options

I've heard really good things about the Wahoo Tickr but if that one eventually bites the dust, Coospo (had never heard of it when I bought one because, quite frankly, it was so cheap and I figured what the heck) has been fantastic. Strap could use to be a wee bit more comfortable but it's been really accurate and has lasted a year already.

Plus it works in both ANT+ and Bluetooth.

My coach and a bunch of my training pals like the Wahoo, though I can't complain about my Garmin. That thing was used almost daily for years, and it endured a few trips through the washing machine (oops!) during its life. Thanks for the tip on Coospo, but I think when the next device gives up, I will stop this training nonsense and do more fishing. :)
  • Djproulx
    Options

Slacker!!! ;)

Nice work, Iron sister!

Haha thank you.

Two days of no cardio? What's an endurance junkie to do? Rest. (its a four letter word, I know)
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member
    Options
    94a2wg910oko.jpeg
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Today was OH press, chin ups, Squats, then light dumbell curls and dumbell press
  • goatg
    Options

Slacker!!! ;)

Nice work, Iron sister!

Haha thank you.

Two days of no cardio? What's an endurance junkie to do? Rest. (its a four letter word, I know)

ihu

😘

(Rest, bake and eat)
  • goatg
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    94a2wg910oko.jpeg

Love this! Where’d you find it?

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Arm and chest day. I hit PRs in all my lifts last week (or at least, PRs at my new lean bodyweight of 140 pounds - I could lift more when I was 180 pounds). So I've reset all my lifts, and I'll do a short linear progression hopefully getting more new PRs at the end of it.

I really wanted to sleep rather than work out - this ended up taking a lot of will power.

Generic warm ups Dynamic stretches, jump rope, band stuff

Block pinch grip I bought this recently. (https://products.latticetraining.com/product/portable-pinch-crimp-block/) I tested a 1-rep max pinch for 7 seconds, which was 10 kgs. The right hand was easier than the left. I failed on 12.5kgs on both hands. I was reasonably happy with this effort. Joe from Bouldering Bobat (a Youtube channel) put his efforts on a recent video. He is a really good climber - way better than me. He got 11kgs or 12 kgs maximum, so it looks like this shouldn't be too much of a limiting factor in my climbing.

Lifting 30 kgs military press (5 sets of 5). 50 kgs bench (5 sets of 5). 60 kgs bent over row (5 sets of 5). Loads of dips. Loads of facepulls.

Core I reached Step 3 of the front lever progression I'm trying - step 5 is the full front lever.

Warm down Static stretching.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Nice work Matt! I ended up lifting last night as well, but not that disciplined. Just 100 pushups (50 decline from 3 steps up to make them harder), 100 or so one arm pressups and 100 or so weighted squats, a few light DLs and some bridges.

Woke up sore as anything today. I fell pretty hard yesterday on the concrete and my hip is nasty sore. I think it will be just a bruise. Had an inspector come to my house (unannounced) to take pictures of my house and wanted to see my three dogs and take their pictures. I guess my new homeowner's insurance company doesn't believe you anymore when you tell them none of the dogs are aggressive breeds. So I had to take one dog out at a time for pictures in my driveway. Well, two of the dogs are incredibly close. Long story but they were both saved as puppies from a kill shelter (mom was pregnant and hours from being put down along with them in her womb!). These two youngest dogs are so attached it's not funny and a little scared of their own shadow -- not surprising after the stress their mom went through while pregnant. Since I didn't have any help with the dogs (the one is 85 lbs -- he's 1/2 Great Pyr, 1/4 Beagle and 1/4 Jack Russell, believe it or not), when I went to take the girl (Lucy) out, Linus (of course!) decided to bull rush me and run over me. The man doing this was an independent contract, likely 85 years old, and I didn't want Linus to get out, so literally was pushing him back in and fell hard on the concrete step.

Needless to say, I'm calling Progressive today and letting them know what I think of their little surprise inspection!

Anyway, feel better venting now.

Today's row went really well. 2:24 pace, steady throughout with some HR drift but within an acceptable range. Just 3 or 4 months ago, I was pushing to keep 2:29 pace. So this is a nice improvement. Would like to drop another 7 to 8 seconds off of these slow paces to know I'm getting closer to race ready.

World Indoor Rowing Association just announced this week the world indoor rowing championships will be held virtually this next year (in Feb 2021). So I literally have no excuse if healthy not to participate. I have a lot of work to do. Most of the top 55 to 60 (Hwt) guys in the world are in my Indoor Rowing Club, Sub7, so I know who I'd be up against. Don't expect to win or even place in the top 25, just would love to be in the top half of the field. That would require close to a 7:00 2K. I'm quite a ways off from that. Like light years right now, but I'm getting slowly faster. Since I've added back in lifting, I'm gaining ground quickly.
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Today I am doing a 13hrs shift, goal is to get 15,000 steps by the end of my shift.