What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    briscogun wrote: »
    Did another full 5K today, but cut a minute off my time. Trying to up the speed a hair each week, see if I can get that down closer to a 30:00 min 5K. I'm slower than most when I run, but I'm avoiding injury and getting from Point A to Point B with no issues and no stopping so I'm not complaining!

Threw in a short yoga session at the end to cool down and stretch. Enjoying what yoga is doing for me. Never been this flexible in my whole life and my back has been much better as a result!

Congrats on making the 5k distance a regular part of your running.

If you're looking to gain speed, I'd suggest gradually increasing your weekly long run distance. Increasing to a 10k distance over the course of a few months would lead to a faster 5k time as a happy by product.

Oh my Lord I don't think I could ever do a 5K! When I finished the C25K program I took a look at the 10K for like 3 seconds and went, "Nope! Not for me!". Delete.

Maybe I could do a bit over the 5K at some point. I've thought about slowly stretching it out but 10K? I'm not that guy. Thanks for the kind words though!

Today was some HIIT/strength training again. ABAB format, 30 minutes of go-go-go-don't-stop-til-you-drop.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    30 min full body barre workout and 10 minute stretching. I’m trying to be better about stretching, I tend to skip it a lot.
  • HaFrMaZo
    HaFrMaZo Posts: 315 Member
    Hours running and 5 mile walk
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Yest: calisthenics & ultimate frisbee.

Today: yoga / dumbbells / abs.

(I’ve lost 1 # and can see more muscles everywhere - nice to see results. :).
  • billy1727
    billy1727 Posts: 143 Member
    30 minute run in the lovely Florida humidity!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Beautiful weather here today. Sunny, 80 degrees and low humidity so I took a bike ride after work. 33 miles in just under 2 hours. Lots more fun than the yard chores I had planned to do.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    It's hot in Montreal too and just getting hotter by the day. Got in just under 9k steps before the sun forced me to tap out.

Today's workout was a drop set mod of this dumbbell upper body workout (I used my 20s, 12s and 8s) but I started each round with yesterday's forgotten floor presses. Still with the aqua bag at 25% of my body weight but at least on an exercise mat in my living room rather than a dank condo stairwell.

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Track

eiyokqbly84m.png
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,387 Member
    I should not run when restless. Yesterday I started out too quickly, which caused my bloodpressure to crash and I was quickly out of breath. Still had to go to a shop to pick up a surprise parcel and buy tea on offer. So I actually had my phone in one hand, wallet in other, cotton bag hung over edge of running trousers :D In the end I decided to see how far I could get in 12 minutes. Which was surprisingly far for being completely out of breath. Then I walked the last few meters to the shop.
  • Naturalfitgirl08
    Naturalfitgirl08 Posts: 8 Member
    I did 30 min this morning on my treadmill using the Couch 2 5k app; Week 4, Day 1!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Got a light lift in last night, which is good, as I really didn't feel like doing it. I'm gradually adding in more intensity into these.

This AM, another hour row outside. Getting warm, so I was proud of myself keeping the HR all under 140 for the entire hour. I did have to slow down a bit at around 30 minutes in to keep it from creeping, so the heat definitely affected me a bit. It was mid 70s by the time I started at 5 AM. Getting to be Summer in Tucson!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Feeling pretty wiped today. Did half an upper deload session. Saving some energy for a heavy leg day tomorrow
  • briscogun
    Another 5K at the slightly faster pace from Monday. I'll try to repeat it again on Friday and then try to speed it up a hair again next week, see how close I can get to a 30 minute 5K.
  • HaFrMaZo
    HaFrMaZo Posts: 315 Member
    5 mile walk 4 mile run while my daughter rode her bike then some strength training.
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    4 mile run. It was SO hot out today and for some reason I wore full length leggings instead of digging out my running shorts. Ugh...big mistake.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Today was not great. I attempted a deload upper body session but my body got so tired. I think the last few weeks of hard exercise is catching up to me. I ended up with brain fog all morning and most of the afternoon. My muscles are achy and twitchy, which tells me I need rest. This saddens me as I wanted to have a heavy leg day tomorrow.

A short 20 min walk helped but I think I’ll still just eat a few extra carbs.

What do you do when you suffer from these brain fog days? Inability to focus, tired.
  • briscogun
    alexmose wrote: »
    Today was not great. I attempted a deload upper body session but my body got so tired. I think the last few weeks of hard exercise is catching up to me. I ended up with brain fog all morning and most of the afternoon. My muscles are achy and twitchy, which tells me I need rest. This saddens me as I wanted to have a heavy leg day tomorrow.

A short 20 min walk helped but I think I’ll still just eat a few extra carbs.

What do you do when you suffer from these brain fog days? Inability to focus, tired.

Not much I can do when I get that tired and feeling blah. I will usually either take a day off and just get rest/good nights sleep, or maybe do something light like yoga/stretching? That way I'm still moving but just not exerting myself.
  • gexking
    gexking Posts: 125 Member
    20 pushups, 20 sit-ups, 4.3 mile run
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Wed 5/27

MORNING
    16 miles on the mountain bike trails, vigorous, many inclines

NOON
    Yard work

LATE AFTERNOON
    Full body weight training
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited May 2020
    An hour's climbing.

I am getting more used to my board. It is good for training big, thuggy dynamic moves. It is less good for technique stuff. I mainly practiced dynos today.

It was very fun. I worked out by torchlight after dark.