What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    20 minutes strength training, 30 minutes on an elliptigo... Those things are WAAAAY tougher than either an actual elliptical OR a bike (could have been due to doms, though). I think I'm addicted.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    20 minutes strength training, 30 minutes on an elliptigo... Those things are WAAAAY tougher than either an actual elliptical OR a bike (could have been due to doms, though). I think I'm addicted.

Saw two of those on my Monday bike ride. Really cool.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Easy paced four mile run tonight. Legs were a bit heavy after yesterday's bike ride.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    I’m using a Beachbody program 21 day fix extreme real time. I did day 7 today. It was yoga. I had some time, so I also did Brazil butt lift tummy tuck a 20 minute ab crunching set.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Djproulx wrote: »
    JustSomeEm wrote: »

My former tri coach used to ride her elliptigo during our long runs, carrying nutrition and extra water bottles in a wicker basket on the handle bars. This picture was taken at one of our early season training camp weekends held at a very well known race and vacation destination in upstate NY.
    m3o5yljw7rch.jpg.

That is totally awesome! Thank you for sharing. :)
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Pouring rain so no walk or bike ride today. I did a 30 minute pilates routine, did 3 pound weight exercises for my upper body, and lower body and abdominal body weight exercises.
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Just frisbee. Super busy - found out i can finally go back to work on Friday! So gotta get things wrapped up and ready for shifting gears.
  • AFTERMATH77
    AFTERMATH77 Posts: 9 Member
    Chest and triceps.

Treadmill intervals of 3.3 -5.5 settings at 2:00/4:00 timers.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Well, just getting a small taste of what the rest of Summer will feel like at 5 AM. Today was well over 70 degrees when I started my row. Today and tomorrow are closing in on record heat days. Will reach around 105 or more both days. Did a decent job keeping the HR down under 140 (72% of Max) for most of the row.
  • Djproulx
    Easy paced 4 mile run again tonight.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Apparently, I'm 18 steps away from 10k lol Other than walking for errands and such, I kept it light 'n short with a quick lower body workout this evening. That means three rounds of the "25-Pound Dumbbell Leg Workout" .... with an 8lb DB

https://youtu.be/VmkXx7jjDAs
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,854 Member
    🏃‍♂️

jl4i933rd1a3.png
  • klove808
    klove808 Posts: 346 Member
    Upper body weights - 25 min, yoga - 20 min, walk - 60 min
  • Keef75
    Keef75 Posts: 546 Member
    1 mile run

20 rounds of:
    5 x burpees
    10 x press ups
    15 x Airsquats

1 mile run

In a 12lb weighted vest 👌👌
  • Sylphadora
    Sylphadora Posts: 75 Member
    edited May 2020
    Today I woke up earlier than usual because I had a medical appointment. After breakfast I had some time left so I did two short workouts to distract myself. I was really nervous because the appointment was to be tested for antibodies and blood tests are my biggest phobia so the workouts helped take my mind off things. By the way, I did not need to be fasted to be checked for antibodies, that's why I had breakfast :)

The workouts I did were the 7-minute workout to lose belly fat and the 7-minute pear shape workout by Lucy Wyndham-Read. I'm trying to do those every day.

Later in the day I have a live-stream ashtanga yoga class. This is the sequence we do and the class is about an hour and a half.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    edited May 2020
    Thur 5/28

MORNING
    12 miles on the mountain bike trails, vigorous, many inclines

NOON
    Yard work (around 1 1/2 hours)

LATE AFTERNOON
    32 chin ups, 100 push ups (both in sets to failure)
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    Ran a 10K this morning. Up at 6:30 am and it was still too hot!!
  • Djproulx
    @Mike Pfirrman - Looks like you hammered it with HR that high. If I"m reading the chart correctly, the work periods were about 8-9 minutes. How long are the recovery intervals? Looks like your HR recovered very well in a short time, a mark of true cardio fitness.

Maybe you could have done a few more rounds? :) Kidding!!