WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Heather - I had not realized that lemons were so pricey there I googled a bit and 3pounds a lemon!? here they are 49 cents each! I have a tree full in my backyard, if I ever win the lottery and come to visit I'll bring a suitcase full of lemons and sell them, it would make my airfare back. LOL

Kim in N. california

Yes ... lemons grow all over the place here. Back when we worked together in offices, when the lemons all over the place come ripe, there's always a big bowl of them in the office kitchens with a sign, "Free" next to them.

My first year in Australia, I was given a big bag of them from someone's tree ... and then had to figure out what to do with them all!!!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    You know, it’s interesting, all of these confirmed cases. Death from other diseases has really dropped off. Well, that’s because the more they can attribute to C-19, the more federal funding they get. So things that may not have been c-19 related are being determined to be. Michele NC

It's vaguely possible that may be true in the US, but it is definitely not true in Australia.
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/medicare-hospitals-covid-patients/

exermom wrote: »
    M – why would you rather go for your PhD in Canada?

I have attended university in both Canada and Australia and prefer the way that Canadian universities teach. Of course, they may have changed their methods ... it has been 11 years since I've attended a Canadian university!!

However, if I ever feel ready to go for a PhD, I would first research a number of universities in Australia and Canada to determine which one had the best program. At the moment University of British Columbia has a program that interests me.

But it's not going to happen for a while, so if I am ever in a position to look into it seriously, I'll decide then. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Australia 2020

"The recent televised livestream collaboration of ‘Down Under’, by Men At Work frontman Colin Hay and pop star Delta Goodrem, has been picked up by Nine for a new promo."

The video "highlights the strength and courage of Australia during the global health crisis, with footage from the recent bushfires, floods and pandemic."

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2842013519359494

That link should work, or if not then the video is here as well: https://themusicnetwork.com/nine-news-down-under-promo/

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 1hr 2 sec, 13.2amph, 146mhr, 13.22mi= 524c
    apple watch- 487c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.57min, 143mhr, 9.14min mi, .53mi= 53c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.24min, 9.29min mi, 145mhr, .46mi= 63c
    apple watch- 84c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.17min, 8.9amph, 149mhr, 2.56mi= 166c
    apple watch- 139c

total cal 806
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Kim- Lol so true especially since their free movies to rv on you tube too lol 😂.

Amber Tx

Well JRs pretend version of his sister in his play phone ☎️ 📲 apparently praises him for making messes. Lol 😂 his Sister I’m sure will find this funny. How she’s causing mischief without even being here is beyond me lol . “Yes Sister I’m a Good Boy I make the best big messes!! “ hubby fell over laughing grabbing his chest. Hubby then tried to tell pretend version of Sister how he sooo good he will help mommy clean up his big messes. JR just said nope Sister said to drive my car. Troublemakers lol 😂. He did agree to help get Dads water to take his meds y fetch things he needed while I cleaned it up. Even tossed Daddy’s trash away.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :)
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of my re-commitment is in the bag. I managed to stay under my calorie goal today! Only by 4 calories, but I'll take it! I went for a nice 5.5 km walk, took me about an hour, so fairly good clip. It earned me 467 calories, so thank heavens for that! lol Tomorrow I will bike to work and back, that's good for about 750 cal. Sure feels good when I'm done! lol
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island, where the weather today was glorious!
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Rori I am so very sorry you are going through so much at one time…any one of the things you talked about would be too much. Sending hugs and prayers for things to get better NOW, and life to give you a major break!!

I am behind on reading and a bit overwhelmed by all that is going on with everyone! I guess it is all a part of the current normal which I hope does not last much longer.

We live in an area where people do not seem to be willing to take precautions. I am scared what things will look like in the next couple of weeks.

Virtual hugs and <3 to All! Luci in WNC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    I am up and having my tea and watching morning news..
    Told my sister in law i wanted 4th of July Weekend and labor day weekend off. And she asked if I had plans for thr 4th when i said no she wants me to go up to N.H. to the lake house that weekend to take care of Faith,but they will both be there.I love it there so i agreed and I can take Alfie .but I am.driving my own car up..
    I am guessing this will be Faiths last trip up there. So to have all hands on deck is good..she thinks she is up there now..so i always tell her we are in portland at her house ...im working 8-4 today and then am up there until Sunday afternoon.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

Rodger finished the deck today and I had fun decorating it this evening. I just love it, we sat out for a bit tonight but it was cold and then started raining.
    ajzcpyu9obmg.jpeg
    u9vvgwcapeag.jpeg
    bz62yimrnysq.jpeg

Tracey in Edmonton

Tracey - just WOW!! That is gorgeous! Love the furniture, everything!! What a nice "de-stress" zone. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Going to call the dr and do a telemed conference dont feel comfortable going to thr Drs office yet..
    Having alot of joint pain especially in my hands and lets just say anything and i mean good or bad anything i eat goes right through me.. i know I have osteoarthritis but i want to find out if its something more...
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options

• BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Machka > Oh really? I thought you simply just have to press the button and help would come?

Heather
    > That must have been so weird to contact your first love after all this time. I always wonder what happen to allot of my friends from school and stuff like that. I hardly know any of them anymore. The friends I am still in contact with were friends after school days x

Your dinner sounds nice!!

Love the pic of the kids :) looks so nice!

Kim
    > I had to LOL @ your bringing a suitcase full of Lemons... :)

Amber > I could not believe the difference between the US and the UK. It is scary actually. Even the ingredient lists are so different!!

Barbie > Bernie is cute and I love the new blanket x

Tracey > The deck looks brilliant :)

Allie > I hope everything goes well at your tele-med appointment. I also have osteoarthritis and also have had problems with food going right through me but since I have started eating healthy I am having the opposite problem. I am diabetic as well and the metformin use to send me to the toilet all the time but now I am constipated more than anything else.. ugh

Loving all the pictures everyone xo

Love Tonya UK xx

Randie with Grandparents..
    6uq6xysx2htq.jpg
    jqttgvjncf72.jpg

Being told it is naptime.. lol
    4i6224ja8g98.jpg