What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    mjbnj0001 wrote: »
    Tahdigd5z3mcdsx23r.jpg

I saw this made on a documentary (netflix?) recently. looks good. half the rice made with saffron?

No. The recipe has you put 2 tbl oil in the bottom of a frying pan, then place the whole wheat wrap on top. Put the cooked rice on top of the wrap and press down. Salt to taste. Cover tightly and cook on very low heat 20 min. Melt 50g butter in a saucepan with 3mg of saffron and 2 tbl water. Pour the mixture over the rice, recover and cook another 15 min. Uncover, place a large plate in it's place and flip (and pray). I had the rice already made with green beans so used that.
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Cauliflower fried rice slipped in collagen peptides instead of soy sauce since to me it tastes salty and protein packed
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Air fried wings tossed in Korean BBQ sauce and watermelon feta and mint salad.
    fs1bs3o2juhw.jpg
  • Mahoganylit
    Mahoganylit Posts: 28 Member
    acpgee wrote: »

That looks delicious. Well done.
    Air fried pok pok wings and some salad with ranch.

Yummy. I love wings. Learning how to use my air fryer to make them.
    Tahdig

I saw this made on a documentary (netflix?) recently. looks good. half the rice made with saffron?

That looks and sound delicious.

You all have made me hungry.
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Butternut squash soup. Yum.
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    2 egg, .8 oz kielbasa omelet (fried in less than a tsp of olive oil) burrito (Mission Smart Carb whole wheat soft tortilla, 71 grams) 329 calories. Almost 1/3 of my daily calorie goal and kinda' high carbs but most offset by high fiber content.

Didn't think to make a photo of it until I stumbled across this thread. Regretfully, I ate it while browsing the forums. 🤦‍♂️
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Banana muffins: coconut flour, coconut oil, eggs, bananas, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
  • Mahoganylit
    epangili wrote: »
    Banana muffins: coconut flour, coconut oil, eggs, bananas, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.

Those look awesome.
    2 egg, .8 oz kielbasa omelet (fried in less than a tsp of olive oil) burrito (Mission Smart Carb whole wheat soft tortilla, 71 grams) 329 calories. Almost 1/3 of my daily calorie goal and kinda' high carbs but most offset by high fiber content.

Didn't think to make a photo of it until I stumbled across this thread. Regretfully, I ate it while browsing the forums. 🤦‍♂️

It sounds so good. That we have own visuals I’m sure.
    Butternut squash soup. Yum.

I’m gonna make me some of that one day. I love Butternut squash soup. And I just bought an Immersion blender. Yippie.

• acpgee

That looks delicious. Well done.
    Air fried pok pok wings and some salad with ranch.

Yummy. I love wings. Learning how to use my air fryer to make them.
    Tahdig

That looks and sound delicious.

You all have made me hungry.

This is what I do with wings in the air fryer. A few hours or the night before salt the wings as dry brining increases tenderness by breaking down proteins. I also give a small sprinkle of baking powder which reduces acidity of the skin promoting crispness. Finally I shake on a little potato starch or corn starch to ensure dryness which also gives extra crispy skin. I typically re-use a plastic carrier bag that the supermarket deliveries come in these days. If you admirably don't have single use plastic in the house shake everything together in a plastic food box. Air fry about 25 minutes or to internal temperature 72C if you have a meat thermometer, using the highest temperature your machine reaches. I don't bother warming up the air fryer. Toss in sauce if desired.

The scientific explanation for my coatings is given here.
    https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/02/the-best-buffalo-wings-oven-fried-wings-recipe.html
  • Rachael_789
    Rachael_789 Posts: 93 Member
    Turkey chilli con carne
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    frk34levl12b.jpg
    Hamburger salad with onions and peppers, pico
  • MinTheKitCat
    MinTheKitCat Posts: 173 Member
    Friday = pizza 🕺🏼 one shiitake & pesto, one fresh burst cherry tomatoes with herbs and bell peppers 💃🏽
  • Mahoganylit
    @acpgee Sounds easy enough.

@DancingMoosie Looks delicious.

I’m writing down ideas for my next menu.

• acpgee
    I made a batch of homemade mini spring rolls other day and froze them. I was surprised by how easy the store bought spring roll wrappers were to handle. Though I won't buy the miniature size again because they are a big fiddly. Heated a couple up in the air fryer.
    3d9p9dzjwvbn.jpeg

• Queen_of_Lean
    Queen_of_Lean Posts: 362 Member
    Iceberg and cucumber salad with cherry tomatoes, avocado, gorgonzola and yogurt/mustard dressing.
    z4kib58uafdd.jpg

Oat cookies that look like meatballs ☺️ (one dose with dried apples and cinnamon and one dose with chocolate)
    alinq205ekom.jpg