Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited June 2020
    4whr8ezqbsrk.jpg
    Greens trio with cauliflower, edamame, and mushrooms
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Using mostly long-term pantry stores tonight, I made a BBQ "pulled" chicken, using one 28oz can of chicken, fresh rough-diced green pepper and onion, BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays is the fam favorite). As a side, and pertinent to the "lockdown" undercurrent to this thread, I made a mac and cheese casserole ... using powdered ingredients (cheese, eggs, milk). Results below. Family thought it was pretty good. I've yet to compute my MFP macros, but let's say this wasn't a dietetic night tonight, LOL. Was a good pouring-rain work-at-home-day morale meal, though. We ARE getting some fresh deliveries now, so tonight wasn't really a "lockdown" dinner but a meal of convenience after chores.

o3pcywdbi3td.jpg
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    zydjv436kbh2.jpg
    Another meatless meal here. Vegetable curry with tofu and yellow rice
  • thecrusaderman
    thecrusaderman Posts: 1 Member
    Venison backstrap turned into a stroganoff with egg noodles.
  • cmentis182
    cmentis182 Posts: 36 Member
    Pizza ^_^
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I've got Sicilian almond granita chilling in the freezer to have tomorrow night. I miss vacations in Sicily.
  • acpgee
    Leftover laksa for breakfast. When I was in grad school, I collaborated on a short research project at the University of Singapore and they always served laksa for breakfast at the uni canteen.
    udt9xnrfokib.jpg
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Pasta w tuna and green olives.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    I made a keto version of Italian Wedding soup with kale, cauliflower rice, turkey/Italian sausage meatballs with lots of garlic , dill etc. :)
  • acpgee
    It's hardly cooking. Avocado on toast with Vietnamese seasoning salt, muoi tieu chanh.
    6om4ycsc6dqi.jpeg

• pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    chicken nuggets with carrot and cabbage salad
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    acpgee - toast is cooked - ergo it is cooking. :)

Not a high degree of difficulty, granted - but cooked food nevertheless.
  • acpgee
    There was some leftover miso caramel sauce at the back of the fridge which I loosened up in the microwave and drizzled over a banana. Wow. This will be great on sliced sour apples too.
    ufrjdb71i7n5.jpeg
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,062 Member
    acpgee - toast is cooked - ergo it is cooking. :)

Not a high degree of difficulty, granted - but cooked food nevertheless.

There's a great line in the movie, "PT-109,' about JFK's experience in WWII pacific. According to the movie, he put together a ragtag crew, and designated one to be chef because he could make peanut butter sandwiches. When it came time for his commissioning inspection, the chef was asked, "Do you serve hot meals?" to which he answered, "yes." Kennedy asked, in an aside, "What's hot?" Answer: "peanut butter on toast."
  • snowflake954
    Pasta w salmon, zucchini, cream, black pepper, veg broth, EVOO, and freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano.yjo40jr5aata.jpg
  • snowflake954
    Fish and potatoes.uxwatvmodi37.jpg
  • acpgee
    Homemade mini spring rolls from the freezer warmed up in the air fryer.
    m5ikhy4uraeu.jpeg
  • snowflake954
    Spaghetti w scampi.d4hxei3ivenm.jpg