Coronavirus prep

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited June 2020
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    Thank you Gale for the covid/microbiome link. Its long been known the state of one's microbiome is effected by the use of antibiotics and other medications. Mental health is another area which has seen benefits when the microbiome is repaired. It makes so much sense to me that stabilising ones digestive tract is key to achieving health benefits. My Hashimoto's has benefited from sorting my gut issues.

You are welcome. Why keto worked for me so well never made sense to me until I learned about the gut microbiome is a major source of health or the lack thereof in humans. That was when I realized my keto/low carb way of eating was not magic but that my new WOE (Oct 2014) was impacting my gut microbiome in a positive way that was reversing life long health issues. I was glad this happened before Coronavirus Prep became the rage it is today. Below are 19 disease states that can often be related directly to the balance of one's gut microbiome. You will notice some disease states that increase the risk of health complications from COVID-19 are in the list below.

19 Surprising Conditions That Begin in the Gut

1. Anxiety

2. Depression

3. Eczema

4. Rosacea

5. Psoriasis

6. Dermatitis herpetiformis

7. Heart disease

8. Dementia & Alzheimer's disease

9. Parkinson’s disease

10. Autoimmune diseases

11. Migraines

12. Allergies

13. Asthma

14. Cancer

15. Chronic fatigue syndrome

16. Obesity

17. Type 2 diabetes

18. Osteoarthritis

19. Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease

Source:

https://viome.com/blog/suspicious-gut-microbiome-19-conditions-linked-dysbiosis

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Our state has directed no reusable grocey bags and all the stores have large signs reflecting this guidance. Going through the store a couple had their entire cart filled with stuff in reusable bags..

Hopefully cashier tells them sorry can't check out.

Some of our stores are spraying the reusable bags on entry, just as they spray our hands as we enter the building.

Haven't heard of spraying hands when entering a store. I'd think that would be an issue should someone show up as allergic to something in the spray they use.

No choice. Temperature gun, face mask, sanitiser spray, or No Entry!!
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    If you're traveling and staying in hotels/motels....pillows, mattress covers. Yuck, I need a bucket. :p

https://www.newsweek.com/presymptomatic-patients-contaminate-covid-hotel-rooms-1505302
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    The mask thing. I knew that road ran both directions at hello.

dv5gct0wudvf.png

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    The mask thing. I knew that road ran both directions at hello.

dv5gct0wudvf.png

Doesn't make sense... not sure where this is located, but not in the U.S. Our standards for roads here is that dividing lines between lanes of traffic traveling in opposite directions are yellow. For dividing lanes of traffic going the same direction, the lines are white.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,015 Member
    Here, in Italy, some masks are becoming fashion statements. The guy at the coffee bar has a big black mustache on his. In Rome, most are wearing masks and there are no protests as in the States. Some refuse to wear one, but can't enter stores, or other establishments without. I would put forward that fashion is a huge motivator. If famous people started wearing them and were interviewed, I dare say things might change.

I would suggest that most people not wearing masks couldn't give a rat's behind what some "influencer" (man I hate that word) or self-defined fashion expert wearing a mask was saying.

I think you underestimate the power of pop culture to affect the behavior of some percentage of not-very-rational people. Every mask rebel? No, not every one. Not even a majority. But some. Just my opinion, obviously.

I doubt we'll get a chance to test the proposition, though. :lol:
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Here, in Italy, some masks are becoming fashion statements. The guy at the coffee bar has a big black mustache on his. In Rome, most are wearing masks and there are no protests as in the States. Some refuse to wear one, but can't enter stores, or other establishments without. I would put forward that fashion is a huge motivator. If famous people started wearing them and were interviewed, I dare say things might change.

I would suggest that most people not wearing masks couldn't give a rat's behind what some "influencer" (man I hate that word) or self-defined fashion expert wearing a mask was saying.

Oh yeh? Don't hang around young folks much, do you? ;)

It's not really the young people here not complying...it's mostly middle age, "you can't take my freedoms" people. It has also stupidly become a big partisan politics thing.

Our compliance is fairly high on all fronts, and numbers keep going down. But, in the beginning, when we started Lockdown, a goodly number of famous people--singers, actors, etc, did zooms, and other clips, explaining why it was necessary. This went on for several weeks. I think it set the tone for everyone. I don't like a lot of these people, and don't follow their lead, but it was helpful for a wide swath of the public. Does everyone here wear a mask--no. Does everyone wear it properly--no. But the majority (including myself) do. I'm noticing some fun masks as I go about Rome, and I think that helps.
    We will be wearing them when we go to the beach next week. There's a complicated procedure for access. Wear masks, temps taken, bracelet to be worn to register comings and goings, turnstile, no beach bar just vending machines, and umbrellas further apart. Masks are to be worn until you reach your umbrella and chairs. Only 4 adults under every umbrella. Either you do it, or no access. Same with stores. It's sort of like "no shirt, no shoes, no service".