What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Cerizez wrote: »
    speyerj wrote: »
    That you will set off alarms in the hospital when they hook you up to a heart monitor because your resting heart rate is so low. Not because you have a heart condition, but because you are in really good shape.

Love this!

Funny about this. My apple watch was set to alert me with such a low RHR. i have also read that the newer ones will call 911 for you if its too low....i turned this feature off :smile:
  • thelastnightingale
    thelastnightingale Posts: 725 Member
    I know exactly what you mean. I have it too right now. I can tell you from experience that this kind of fat we are feeling right now feels exactly like how my belly fat felt after I delivered with each of my pregnancies. I was overweight with all 4 of my pregnancies and my stomach fat felt just like this then so the main reason is that the skin has been stretched out by our fat and hasn't tightened up yet. Hopefully it will! I'm 50 so I'm thinking it's iffy for me!

Really interesting observation - thanks for sharing. :) Never been pregnant so don't have the same frame of reference. Fingers crossed for all of us!
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    My fat feels different.

I'm not sure how to describe this or if anyone here has had a similar experience... My stomach felt firmer at maximum fatness. I'm not saying the skin is loose now or anything (well, maybe it's a bit looser, but that's not what I mean), but it feels... softer and squishier? I don't have to prod it to know it feels different, I just 'know' - but if I prod it, I can feel the difference.

There's less fat overall, but what is left feels like a different type of fat. A different texture. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that it's different and it's a little bit weird.

Is it just me?

This is a good article from MFP explaining the differences in fat type and what you are noticing a difference with. https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-most-dangerous-fat-is-the-easiest-to-lose/
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    My fat feels different.

I'm not sure how to describe this or if anyone here has had a similar experience... My stomach felt firmer at maximum fatness. I'm not saying the skin is loose now or anything (well, maybe it's a bit looser, but that's not what I mean), but it feels... softer and squishier? I don't have to prod it to know it feels different, I just 'know' - but if I prod it, I can feel the difference.

There's less fat overall, but what is left feels like a different type of fat. A different texture. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that it's different and it's a little bit weird.

Is it just me?

No it is not just you. I feel that way too...
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    One of my favorites too and nobody has put anything on it in a while ☹
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!