July 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    0705-7.7k, total-15.7k goal-80k

Yesterday's run was uneventful. Hot enough to warrant lots of walk breaks. Can summer be over already?

@rheddmobile Agreed that it's probably the fireworks. The air quality index is always *kitten* in Beijing around Chinese New Year for the same reason.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @bearly63 no idea. from the stickers it looks like there will be long runs and ones that are about elevation, maybe a new trail/route. i'm sad there is no t-shirt.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    01/07 7km
    03/07 7km
    05/07 10km

Total 24km of 85km for July

Off to a good start this month! Sunday was glorious, sunny and warm, but breezy. As it was so nice, I thought I'd see if I could run 10K, and I did - faster than my virtual race time three weeks ago! I'm massively chuffed with that!

@katharmonic - that looks like a challenging hike / climb, but with beautiful scenery!

@Elise4270 - Ouch! That looks so painful. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Goals for the year:
    1. Get back down to a decent running weight (currently set at 160lb)
    2. Run a sub-60 minute 10K
    3. Run a race this year, hopefully.

Current races planned:
    14/06 Lincoln 10K - Postponed. Running for fun instead
    17/10 Autumn Richmond Riverside Run (10K)
    01/11 Lincoln 10K - new date. Here's hoping
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    hmaddpear wrote: »

Off to a good start this month! Sunday was glorious, sunny and warm, but breezy. As it was so nice, I thought I'd see if I could run 10K, and I did - faster than my virtual race time three weeks ago! I'm massively chuffed with that!

@katharmonic - that looks like a challenging hike / climb, but with beautiful scenery!

Great job @hmaddpear! And thanks, it was definitely a huge challenge but worth it. I'm always so in awe of seeing those views, it takes away all the pain of getting up there!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    7/1 – 0 rest days
    7/2 – 5
    7/3 – 8
    7/4 – 6
    7/5 – 4
    7/6 - 5

28 of 110 miles

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July - September
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – Sept
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – postponed from April
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach 68% there!
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Today was my last day off before returning to work. I went to the gym this morning, and then I spent part of the afternoon meal prepping for the rest of the week. 3 miles + rowing machine
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    07/01-07/05: 5.1
    07/06: 1.5

I have been slacking this month. Hopefully I will start to pick up tomorrow.

exercise.png
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Very stormy here the past few days, but I've managed to get out between the worst of the rain.

7/1: 6m
    7/2: 3m
    7/3: 3.25m
    7/4: 13.25m
    7/5: 6m
    7/6: 2.5m, 2m
    7/7: 1.5m