WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Levi!!! :)<3o:) Could he get any cuter? That smile!

Heather I love the picture you painted of the young father with his two little people buggying/running/cycling along the boardwalk. Sweet and fun and inspiring.

Barbara So…here's something to consider. You are brilliant. Funny. Thoughtful. Compassionate. Articulate. Resilient. Self-depracating. Charming. Your own woman. Adventurous. Kind. Keenly interested in others. Need I go on? <3

Sara It is hard to spend a ton of money on something you don't want. How much is your hearing loss impacting your life?

Sue Virtual choir seems as if it would be VERY fun! Let us know how it goes.

Machka I hope you heal well and your husband does OK while you are recovering. Hopefully you are through the worst of it.

Barbie I agree with Barbara. It would hard for me to give up Pyrex for plastic. Too bad it's an either-or choice for you. Either your Pyrex or Jake's lightweight plastic containers.

11-year-old Kathy That is a major accomplishment, Katla. Makes me tear up a little to think about it. Congratulations. You are one brave lady.

Karen in Virginia

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Tracey I meant to add a line about how cute the 'ichaela story is. What a charmer your little granddaughter is! :D

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Machka: Sorry you had a rough ride, bu glad to know you are in recovery. 💕💖💕
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    Just got caught up after a few busy days. Phone is about to conk
    Out so will be back once I charge it up again.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I’m back couldn’t even skim read there’s so much. Daughter finally allowed to leave her room!! So to town she ubered for essentials.
    She saw this from her Uber
    lzjv7x33jr04.jpeg
    0khe91bkfkqq.jpeg
    rs6tkkmhyzpi.jpeg
    c8i92vz29mw3.jpeg
    ky4eo1i018t6.jpeg
    duku7cw4wxo2.jpeg

Amber Tx

Eating good loosing more. Heats making me go ehhh when looking at food... winter makes me a hungry hungry hippo 🦛. ......
    Exercising. Been busy wrangling my old members of my clan to back to food delivery y masks let them know their huge Thanksgiving y Christmas plans I vote 🗳 NO. My older gal Cousin found out she already voted NO y out her foot down. So good 😊 2/3 said No y 1 vote not in yet lol 😂 I know his sister he votes 🗳 what we vote so 3/3 for sure.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,554 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    I had a good day puttering around the yard and helping DH clean the deck where a spatula hanging from a hook on the barbecue dripped grease onto our deck. We finally figured out a good way to clean and things started looking better. The best cleaning item we found was baking soda. It made a huge improvement in cleaning up the grease stains. I mixed it with water into a paste and put it on the stains. After a bit the stains were disappearing. Much later things got even better. I received a text message from my teacher offering a riding lesson tomorrow. I am so happy to get out of the house and visit the stable. I'll give Arrow a good brushing, saddle him for my lesson, and ride. Social distancing is not a problem in the arena. There is plenty of room for my teacher, Arrow and me. :star:

happy for you!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :)Katla, congrats on your riding accomplishment.

:)about my Pyrex bowls I just realized that I don't really use them. Jake is doing all the creative cooking and all I do is heat things in the oven on an aluminum pie plate or in the microwave in a different set of Pyrex dishes with lids or make eggs in a frying pan. The ones he wants to replace are really just sentimental items to me.

:)Sara, about your hearing aids, it is always a good idea to take your time contemplating high $$$$$$ purchases.

:)Barbara, We all think you are amazing, so please put down the stick you are using to beat yourself up.

:)Machka, You've had a rough time getting through your surgery, but glad to hear from you.

:)Sue, I am interested in how the virtual choir works out for you.

:) I still love staying home. I go out about once a week for one errand at a time and so enjoy the peaceful life we've built here.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌸🌻🌺
  • sarahkatzenelson452
    sarahkatzenelson452 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well done for working with the diet and going to sleep instead of the chocolate bars and oreos! As one who had to take steroids,I know the drive!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,056 Member
    Options
    Barbara agree!

Learning more about Drew's breed everyday. I had a scare with her last night. The yard of her Chihuahua friend has a deck that is a story high. They have yet to get the safety spindles in because the wood is so hard to find right now. A neighbor dog came out and she went into protect Whiskey mode. Turns out Whiskey and other dog are friends. If not stopped she would have taken a flying leap and gotten seriously hurt. The family does not have small children and their dog is a different breed and the deck situation is not a problem for them. Turns out greyhounds think they are Wonderwoman. When we visit again she will stay on leash. I think Whiskey will like this better because they I can better control her around him. I did readjust her harness so no more just collar. I noticed she would pull too hard and start to choke. Those with little dogs I am open to any advice that keeps Drew happy and safe.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Margaret - My son, who has real greyhounds cannot let them off the leash unless it us a fully enclosed, protected space. If they see anything moving, they are off in chase. At the speed of lightening.

Skenelly - sorry about the steroids. I had them for my chemo and they just made me into wonder woman! I had so much energy I could burst! I remember walking miles. I guess each type is different. Sleep is always good. <3
    Could you sign your name and approx location after each entry. Some of us have bad memories. :p

Done some rowing and biking. Still a bit low on burn. I never catch up if I run first thing, but it was worth it. Using up leftover veggies tonight for a medley frittata and roasted eggplant. :)

Had lots of deliveries. Christmas in July! :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Machka: It is good to hear from you. I hope your recovery goes well and you’re back to your old self soon. :flowerforyou:

Heather: If you decide to visit Oregon, we have a lovely old roller rink at Oaks Park, and an ice rink at Lloyd Center. Both are in Portland. I prefer the roller rink. We held a roller-skating party at Oaks Park for my daughter’s birthday party when she turned 7. If I can finally canter at 70, I’ll bet you can skate. Lace your skates snugly around your ankles. Start in the slow lane and build confidence. I'll bet your grandchildren would love to help you learn. :star:

Pip: I hope you love your new place in Fresno. :bigsmile:

Lisa: Isn’t a goober a peanut? Peanuts are very good, you know. So are you. :flowerforyou:

Skennelly: I’m sorry you’re having trouble taking steriods for allergy relief. I hope things improve soon. :star:

Margaret: Keeping your pup leashed when at the upper level deck is your best course of action at this point if you want to visit there with Drew. Puppies are impulsive and fearless. I don’t know whether you will prefer a collar or a harness. Have fun shopping. :flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies~yikes I didnt sleep well at all last night , really horrible ,I did buy myself a soft headband/sleepband that is bluetooth and put that on with calm app and finally fell asleep at around 2 this morning and slept until 8...
    then got up and went and got emissions on car done and some banking, stopped at Walmart to look for a mattress topper and sheets. none to be had, so spent $160.00on deep sheets,comfy mattress topper and new pillows..
    here is hoping that will help...
    Homer not feeling well,I am guessing its his teeth,, so Tom is taking him at 5 tonight to the vet...poor lil guy
    im up and dressed and feeling well, so will try and get some stuff done around the house today,,,,
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Teddy has an inch wide leather collar. The extra width spreads out the pressure. I used to play a game with him where if I stop walking and he sits in position, he gets a treat. We would do it off leash in the house along a wall to help guide him. That helped him learn to heel. But I really recommend puppy classes. It's so good for your dog to be with a class and good to manage training expectations, as well as answer questions. I took Teddy and he is my sixth dog.

Annie in Delaware who is fighting weight gain
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Machka,
    You will feel better every day. I remember the aftermath from my surgery for deviated septum and turbinade reduction. It's really worthwhile, but it might not seem so the first week. Recovery is coming!

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Machka - glad you're through and home, and thank you for letting us know.

@Sara628588 - sounds very near depression, are you okay?

Heather - looks like a lovely morning.

Welcome @lilySovaje, @chrtlade Ruth from Utah.

Tracey - the grands look like such fun!

Barbara - I'm sorry it was a rough week last week... hope this week is much, much better. Envy is only bad when you allow it to make you feel inadequate or that things are unfair. Both envy and regret have always seemed the most useless emotions to me. You don't have to give them headspace.

Katla - Well done on riding Arrow at a canter!

Allie - hope today's a better day and tomorrow better still.

And a Levi sighting to brighten my day. :)

15o8akked85y.jpg

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

LOOVVEEE that picture!!! I miss having the little ones around. My only daycare girl is almost 4 and a bit of a brat(spoiled for sure) and a boy that is 3(also spoiled, plus is only here 2 1/2 hrs one day a week)

Woke up really early. Had my alarm set for 6, just to make sure son was awake as he is working the early shifts this week and my boy is NOT an early riser, never has been. Woke up at 5:30 and stayed awake- made sure he was up, went back in and I think he had fallen back to sleep. Still got up and left on time.
    Was wide awake by then so decided to get on the treadmill for the first time in months. Couldn't remember how to get Netflix on the garage tv-it has been a long time-so watched the news. Only did 30 min instead of my usual hour or more- I will work back up to it. I did increase the speed some. Then took the dog for a very short walk- she is old and very overweight so she can't make it very far. Trying to take her twice a day for short walks, will increase it.
    Have both kids this morning. Augustine will be here soon then leave right after Ezzy gets here- They should get about 30min to play together. Her schedule has changed the past month so she hasn't been here on Mondays and that is the only day he does come.

Going to pull some shrimp from the freezer and make more home made pesto- the last batch was SOOOOOO good, even husband who doesn't like basil said it was pretty good. Now I wish I had planted more basil. I do have a few little plants that are popping up from seed from last year. I will keep making and freezing it to enjoy later.

It is cool and breezy here- highs of mid 70's for today. May take Ezzy for a walk. See if my energy lasts into the afternoon.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA