skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,927 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    ... UPDATE ON BOOTZ

I took her there at around 9am. while I was still there, she ended up passing. I am glad I was there. I brought her back home and waited til Kirby got home and we buried her in the back yard with Moe.

Sorry to hear that. :( But it sounds like she had a good long life.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Machka, as to Bali for 18, barley - r = Ba-ley, or Bali. At least that’s my reasoning.
    Machka:
    18) BARLEY = BA LEY -> Bali

Ah! I see.

I was thinking wheat, spelt, durum, grass ... I forgot about barley. :)

M in Oz

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Oh man the pan I made for son and I was heaven. Baby potatoes, zucchini, kielbasa sausage, and sweet red onion all cubed up in a big pan. Drizzled with a bit of olive oil, spices, and then halfway through the cooking, I nestled in some ice cube chicken broth, just for moisture. Finished off with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. It was yummy. Son loved it!
    💖Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,575 Member
    Options
    Actually that’s not a hair style at all. That’s just grow out from last year, haven’t cut my hair at all since last year when I had cut it off for the trip to Alaska. Funny you guys think I styled it that way
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Pip: Are you choosing gray, black or blue for your new hair color. Photo wanted. I think you’ll look great with any of the choices. I hope you have some fun. :star:

Michele: I’m happy to hear your masks are a good fit. WTG!!! I doubt many of us likes wearing masks, but they keep us and our family & friends safer. :star:

Rebecca: My long-time friend & her son decided to go camping when things began to look dangerous in PDX. They are enjoying their camping adventure. I am thrilled to know they are safe. :star:

Heather: DH & I plan to be cremated and have our ashes scattered on the Oregon coast where we were married. I want to take ashes of pets with us. I hope we’re eventually able to get this done and look forward to years of good health & happiness before it comes to pass. :heart:.

Barbie: I also prefer light hearted movies. We get more than enough real loss and pain in life. Happy endings are uplifting & I like them best. :smiley:

Pip: You did the right things for your pets. :heart:

I had a lovely riding lesson on Arrow and I’m happy with my day. I am ready to get some rest.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Options
    Quick little article entitled ...

How to Fix a Sedentary Lifestyle
    https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-to-beat-a-sedentary-lifestyle-2509611

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    And a couple more from the first photographer Pat:

hcml0se2y2pq.png
    a7i45oy3ewlk.png

• Machka9
    Options
    Well, we've had an interesting morning. :o

DH had one of his post peeing fainting episodes and fell backwards in our narrow shower room, hit his head and was unconscious for about a minute. I couldn't get the door open to help him. Eventually I rearranged his legs and squeezed in. He took ages to come round and was very sweaty. He has done this quite a few times since I have known him, but this was the worst because he has given himself a whiplash injury.
    After getting him back to bed and some discussion we decided to call 111, which is the non urgent number. They sent an ambulance crew round and he has gone off to hospital for checks. The ECG was a tiny bit off. Plus his neck muscular pain.

I can't go with him. Virus thing.

Will keep you informed.
    Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I'm glad he's getting checked. <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    Housework

Laundry - my husband and I each do our own, and since my husband has been home and not working, he has also done towels and sheets most of the time.

Kitchen - my husband does most of it now that he's not working. A dishwasher is a must for us ... just makes things easier. He makes dinner. We'll each make our own of whatever else we eat. I will cook occasionally - slow cooker meals. I'll bake once in a while because I enjoy it, but not too often because I enjoy it too much. And I'll wipe surfaces periodically.

What else is there?

One or the other of us will run the vacuum around the place now and then. Often I'll do half and he'll do the other half.
    He'll scrub the toilet.
    I usually do the sink area and mirror just as part of getting ready in the morning.
    One or the other of us will spray the shower and wipe it down now and then.
    He takes the rubbish out.

It doesn't seem like a big deal. Much of it is just part of daily life.

Machka in Oz
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies.

Yesterday did not go as entirely planned. Although I have been downsizing I failed to realize the bookshelf in my bedroom is made of hardwood so moving it away from the wall required me to pack up most of the books. It’s a small one, but as most readers know we can pack a ton of books in a small space. And, even though I periodically dust the shelves once I started moving the books each and every one had to be wiped down. Oh, a labor of love. And, then comes the king bed which I have disliked for quite some time. It has a 14 inch mattress and must weigh at least 150 pounds. So stripping of all linens was required and with that an additional three loads of laundry. Long and short…Patching and sanding walls will occur today once I warm my very sore muscles up. It was a great calorie burn day though!

On calorie burn. I found a couple of site where one can search many activities, add your weight and they will calculate the number of calories burned. I use a few sites, average the calorie burn and add to MFP for my activities.

Pip – So very sorry to hear Bootz made her rainbow walk. Big hug to you. She was loyal to the end. I love the color and you already appear to have the “retirement” look! So happy for you and Kirby! And, you do not need “war paint”.

Allie – Oh, those creepy neighbors. I wonder what mine think when they see me in my pjs. LOL….to tell everyone the truth I will use a famous movie line, “Frankly, my dear, I do not give a damn.” At least I do not stand in the hallway/doorway staring down those of the opposite sex. Glad to hear the grill is appreciated (and, was picked up).

Heather – Love the picture of the grands. They are getting so big! I enjoyed Three Billboards. I do not like spoilers and am good with a good cry regardless of the whys. I can easily cry over a heartfelt commercial! LOL. And, like you, Charlie and I both decided we did not want any type of traditional funeral. People actually got mad at me for honoring his wishes. I have always thought funerals are for the living, if you did not tell me you loved me and would miss me when I was alive then it’s really too late. Sending positive thoughts the tests reveal why DH keeps fainting. It must have been terribly scary for you!

Faye – I am partial to the Wuhan. It is very close to my current hairstyle when it is first cut.

Katla – I have several masks because they should be washed after each use (at least that is the latest I have been reading). When Charlie and I decided upon purchasing a townhome the biggest draw was not having to take care of a lawn. We both loved plants but did not want a huge property to manage. In our development there are 120 buildings. All of the townhomes are L-shaped with four per building. With the courtyard and privacy fence (6-feet tall) it is almost like a private home without the responsibility.

Kim – Love the recipe. And, what a great way to use up the zucchini. I am not wondering if after baking the crust if they can be cooled and frozen for future use?

Carol – Wow, your grands really growing up. Lovely picture on the beach.

Yvonne – I had to look up today’s value of $200. He spent $5,600 on ice cream in one summer!! Wow…..

The Scale – I must weigh every day in order to stay on track. It’s the second thing I do (after using the ladies). If everyone remembers early on my scale was giving me different readings even after a new battery was installed. So I bought a new one. I find if I have a bad day it shows up two days later. Lisa, I think you made a great call for yourself. If the scale set my mood and I was getting obsessed with it I would do the same thing.

Sarah – When I started the change I did a lot of reading of how to balance with food. It is suggested women should start the day with a protein to balance out their hormones. Proteins not only keep us full they also contain the amino acids needed for hormone balance.

Kim – A Zoom funeral. I am sure very weird but also am sure when people attend an in-person funeral they are doing the same things (flossing teeth in public – yuck!!). It’s just a bit strange because one can actually see all of the human habits. I imagine the pastor is still getting his/her groove with remote funerals. But, in all honesty, we all have an expiration date.

Machka – Yeah!!!!! Splints are out. Now real recovery can begin!!!!

House Cleaning – At one time I was a fan, not so much anymore. I clean up after myself so the house does not get really dirty. When Charlie was alive we shared the balance of all things so there was never an issue over who did what. We were responsible for our own bathrooms. I disliked vacuuming so he would vacuum and I would wash the floors. When he was off for the summer (professor) he picked up more of the home tasks. It balanced.

Well, as usual, I am long in the tooth. I hope everyone has/had a great day!
    SuziQ – SFL