Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    ElioraFR wrote: »
    Happy to say the postal package delivery man had on a very good mask today for delivery of our mail order. So at least the government mail service people are complying. :) Our area has been deemed a red zone for the very first time. Cases rising here due to tourists on holiday coming into our previously low case area.

KY is cutting max crowd size from 50 to 10 I heard yesterday. Our county got off to a slow start but has doubled in the number of positive cases in the last 30 days after testing stopped being free.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,454 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I guess I'll start with the positive. The Federal Govt. is now onboard with masks and are creating a strategy to fight Covid-19 according to the press conference yesterday. 7 months overdue, but a start.

The bad news is I'm hearing many, many people I know talk about testing like it's some conspiracy. Stories of second and 3rd hand of people that didn't go to a test site, yet tested positive. All I can think of is there was an administrative error somewhere and now the nut jobs are latching onto that as it's all a conspiracy. People dying daily. People that have said it's all a "hoax" on FB dying.

The irrational ways people that once thought it was all a hoax stuns me. It's like they are more concerned with finding any opening to prove that their actions/thoughts/comments on social media or to their friends were right and less concerned that people all around them are dying.

A friend of mine (a woman I graduated with from high school) went to a friends house yesterday. The friend was upset and had forgotten to cancel. The friend's granddaughter just died of Covid-19. She wasn't a young girl, she was 40 (she just told us that this morning). This is an area of the US that completely thought it was all a media hoax. It's just a horrible, horrible disease. Now I don't know if the woman had preexisting conditions but any loss of younger life is unimaginable. And I can guarantee that woman's parents and grandparents don't care right now if there's been an administrative error in one or two test sites in the US that lead to a false positive.

One of.my wife's friends signed up for a test and got in line. She had something come up, had to skip the test and never went back.

A few days later her "test results" came back positive.

I know there are a lot of conspiracy theories out there and the virus is real.
    But when a perfectly normal, educated person reports testing errors it does give concern if we really know what we're fighting
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    I guess I'll start with the positive. The Federal Govt. is now onboard with masks and are creating a strategy to fight Covid-19 according to the press conference yesterday. 7 months overdue, but a start.

The bad news is I'm hearing many, many people I know talk about testing like it's some conspiracy. Stories of second and 3rd hand of people that didn't go to a test site, yet tested positive. All I can think of is there was an administrative error somewhere and now the nut jobs are latching onto that as it's all a conspiracy. People dying daily. People that have said it's all a "hoax" on FB dying.

The irrational ways people that once thought it was all a hoax stuns me. It's like they are more concerned with finding any opening to prove that their actions/thoughts/comments on social media or to their friends were right and less concerned that people all around them are dying.

A friend of mine (a woman I graduated with from high school) went to a friends house yesterday. The friend was upset and had forgotten to cancel. The friend's granddaughter just died of Covid-19. She wasn't a young girl, she was 40 (she just told us that this morning). This is an area of the US that completely thought it was all a media hoax. It's just a horrible, horrible disease. Now I don't know if the woman had preexisting conditions but any loss of younger life is unimaginable. And I can guarantee that woman's parents and grandparents don't care right now if there's been an administrative error in one or two test sites in the US that lead to a false positive.

One of.my wife's friends signed up for a test and got in line. She had something come up, had to skip the test and never went back.

A few days later her "test results" came back positive.

I know there are a lot of conspiracy theories out there and the virus is real.
    But when a perfectly normal, educated person reports testing errors it does give concern if we really know what we're fighting

That was a False positive on steroids perhaps. :)
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    @baconslave Before and After Mono. I had it in high school and it took about 5 years before my joints quit hurting so bad. It did change everything. These days, you don't hear about it much. Where did it go and what took it away. B) If we could only send 'Rona down that same road sooner rather than later.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Wow! I have never, in all these years, met anyone else who had an even remotely similar experience!

I was actually tested for mono again a year or two ago... my brain spazzed at the thought of going through it again and potentially triggering worse long term issues. Thankfully it was “just a virus” of unknown origins.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Would you consider starting a thread where we can share tips.

t0wn03npqn18.png
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. My friend who had corona only talks about the fatigue and fever. I wasn’t aware of the other lingering symptoms.
    I have had a little more dizziness and fatigue (I have cfs) than usual this spring. I feel like I just can’t get over allergies.
    I Went to the Dr. this spring for a sinus Infection for the first time in maybe 30 years. I have lots more stomach problems than
    Usual. No nausea, vomiting or fever (my temperature is running 97.? As opposed to normal 99.0.
    Makes me suspect even more that I had Corona early.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    Would you consider starting a thread where we can share tips.

t0wn03npqn18.png
    Started a Post Mono Life thread in General Health, Fitness, and Diet (I opt out of Chit Chat, plus I felt it fit because heath, fitness, and diet all play an integral role in the discussion IMO).
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. My friend who had corona only talks about the fatigue and fever. I wasn’t aware of the other lingering symptoms.
    I have had a little more dizziness and fatigue (I have cfs) than usual this spring. I feel like I just can’t get over allergies.
    I Went to the Dr. this spring for a sinus Infection for the first time in maybe 30 years. I have lots more stomach problems than
    Usual. No nausea, vomiting or fever (my temperature is running 97.? As opposed to normal 99.0.
    Makes me suspect even more that I had Corona early.

@corinasue1143

You are welcome!!

Back on page 302 I posted some links of interest few weeks ago. At the bottom of this post is one of them explaining how COVID-19 affected Richard Quest. He is not the only one feeling the "leftovers" of the virus. Many people on line (and I am sure on FB too but I am not a member), have posted about the side effects of the infection. And those older folks that had survived hospitalization and ventilators may need to go to a rehab place or have a lot of care at home. Younger and healthy ones are not excluded either. This virus doesn't discriminate at all.

I get very angry at "people" saying that it is only a sniffle for younger people and that they will be good in a day or two if they are infected. That level of ignorance is pathetic, callous, and very damaging.

I got Covid-19 two months ago. I'm still discovering new areas of damage -- Richard Quest
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/health/richard-quest-covid-wellness-intl/index.html

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    @moonangel12

[/quote]
    Interesting! I have been tested for lupus SO MANY TIMES! I will definitely look into the testing. I am sure my parents had to go to bat for me, because in so many ways I looked perfectly “fine” to the medical professionals... and so many times tests come back normal so there must not be anything wrong (my thyroid is tricky because it fluctuates up and down so it all depends on when the blood is drawn, and normally it is hovering at the high and low ends of normal, but the shifting is what throws me off. I could go from a jittery, shaky mess for anywhere from a day to weeks, then crash into fatigue and exhaustion).
    [/quote]

Have you been tested for Hashimoto's thyroiditis? Your description above sounds like the symptoms of this autoimmune disease.