Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Coronavirus prep

Replies

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I'd be curious about the statistics of people that wore masks versus didn't wear masks, of the ones who've contracted Covid. I'd imagine it's almost impossible to know.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Absolutely. You've hit the nail right on the head.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited July 2020
    Ok, so disincentives to testing, like cost or difficulty getting there or not meeting 'sick enough' criteria is going to lead to under reporting and obviously to more spread. :/

Just to be clear, this varies a lot by state. Here anyone who wants can get tested, and it's free and there are tons of locations. We are currently testing around 40K per day.
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Ok, so disincentives to testing, like cost or difficulty getting there or not meeting 'sick enough' criteria is going to lead to under reporting and obviously to more spread. :/

Just to be clear, this varies a lot by state. Here anyone who wants can get tested, and it's free and there are tons of locations. We are currently testing around 40K per day.

Do you know how long results are taking? Here it's two to over seven days depending on if the tests are sent out of state.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    lokihen wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »

Do you know how long results are taking? Here it's two to over seven days depending on if the tests are sent out of state.

In New Mexico anyone who wants to get tested can get tested, symptoms or not, known exposure or not. This was a huge priority for our governor. We have a number of drive up testing sites that are operated by the DOH and by Presbyterian Hospital. Results are typically 1-3 days. Unfortunately, people are having to wait in line for about 4-6 hours to get the test and many people go at night and camp in their cars to get in line. They only have so many tests on hand, so a lot of people at the back of the line end up getting turned away later in the day. They're working to resolve this, but the only way I see that happening is if they only test those who are symptomatic or have had known contact that can be verified...IDK...we'll see.

You can also get tested at private facilities like our urgent care facilities and our CVS Pharmacy clinics...From what I understand though is that you have to have symptoms to be tested at these facilities. There are no long lines, but testing results are long...they were averaging 6-10 days about a month ago and now it's 15-30. DOH and PH have their own lab capabilities...the private entities have to send their samples out to the labs they contract with and I guess they're pretty overwhelmed as these labs are taking in samples from all over the country, or at least the southwestern region of the US.