NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Good job being fully back on your eating plan! I miss having a social life too!! :'(

@cbabie Good job on getting on your treadmill. It’s outside right? Do you at least have a fan blowing on you? :)

@trooworld Thanks for the tip on the potato salad. I am definitely making it next week so I will let you know how we liked it. ;)

Good morning! So, yesterday I went and bought 8 more puzzles for $15 from a lady on Facebook Marketplace. Today, I have to reorganize my storage shelves, so I have room for all of them. DH says he will NOT buy me a storage shed for out back. He says I’m becoming a crazy puzzle lady! :D:D My staff meeting was canceled due to half the team unable to make it. I’m still going to go into the office a little while to do a few things. My weight is still trending downward and hopefully I have will have a decent loss to announce tomorrow. B)
  • mswatson0777
    mswatson0777 Posts: 290 Member
    Hi Ladies! Long time no talk!

I think the last time I checked in I explained everything on my plate...and it is/was A LOT! But I think I need interaction and accountability since I let stress eating take over for awhile. I'm going to do an official weigh in tomorrow to see what the damage is. I'm reminding myself to be kind to myself and that taking on a new job, volunteer board position, and starting my doctoral qualifying exam at the same time during a pandemic is certainly an unusual situation! But since the pandemic is killing my social life, at least I have more time to fill?

I'm officially back in the office now (I'm not happy about it, but at least I have my own office so I can somewhat self sequester) and we are requiring masks, which is a comfort. I've been keeping up on activity, but its not the same as brazilian jiu jitsu and I kind of dread it, but I realize a full contact sport right now is a terrible idea so I suck it up and do the best I can.

I look forward to catching up with all of you and I hope you've all been doing better than I have in this crazy pandemic world!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,560 Member
    Afternoon all. Well no treadmill this morning..didn't get hardly any sleep last night..so got up a little late. I did ot go back for seconds..LOL on my night eating..so I think that is a plus. I really wanted it.

@mswatson0777 So glad to see you back and yet so sorry your so busy. Thanks for posting..It's nice to see a familiar face in all of this world where we don't see our friends as often.

@TeresaW1020 The crazy puzzle lady uh..LOL

@trooworld Yes I hope it cools down soon too.

@theslightedgeforever great idea about printing that out I will..great job on the red days.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,210 Member
    @trooworld I've been doing carb cycling all along but just without red days. Occasionally I would throw one in. Mostly I would do green and yellow. I do have enough data now for maintenance to know exactly how many green and yellow days I will need to do. So at least I did get something useful out of it. Food has been good this week and water goal I hit 3/5 so that's better than last week. I lost 2.9 lbs this week.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Well I went from gaining to maintaining now to losing. The main problems with red days had been not adequate groceries. Since I've only been having them delivered since March, things I ordered wouldn't be available. At the beginning was eggs. Then for some reason it was the cheese I was used to eating. Now I am figuring out a way to substitute for those times I don't get my cheese. Plus I just go back and reuse the same menus as I did back in August 2019 when I started. That worked for 6 months. So I have 6 months of preplanned menus ready to use. Yaaaay on the downward trend of weight loss. That's what we are all here for.

@cbabie Good job on no seconds. I was recently telling someone that it is not junk food that keeps me fat but an extra piece of toast or more spaghetti than I need. So think about an alternate plan for movement if you don't get on the treadmill in the morning. Just like if I can't get my cheese then I have to do X. So if baby or other plans disrupt your quiet treadmill time in the morning, then how can you substitute?

@mswatson0777 Hey, I missed seeing your doggie. I'm actually getting better at this the longer the pandemic goes on. I guess I went through the mourning stages and am at acceptance that I don't think it's going away any time soon. But I couldn't just keep on gaining. So I took it down a level to maintaining. This week I was mentally ready to take it down another notch to losing. You'll figure out your path. Good to see you back.

Green Day-Stayed OP 189/238 Intentional Movement: 40 min walk

July goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water o:) Burn 165 cals via movement o:) Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,854 Member
    @TeresaW1020 lol...crazy puzzle lady! :P You can always sell the puzzles you are done with on Facebook Marketplace like that lady sold to you? That way you'd have money to buy new puzzles! (((( SKINNY VIBES )))) for weigh-in today! :)

@mswatson0777 Hello! Nice to "see" you! Yes, I'd say all of those things are certainly an unusual situation and require being kind to yourself! :) I'm glad you popped in and I look forward to catching up with you, too. Regarding how I'm doing in the pandemic, I've actually been taking advantage of this time off (I'm furloughed until August 3rd). I've lost nearly 20 lbs so far and acquired some good habits. I should be in good mental shape for work when I go back.

@cbabie Nice NSV, not going back for seconds! I'm sorry you didn't sleep well. I can relate to that.

@theslightedgeforever Ah, I can barely keep up with what I'm doing let alone everyone else lol. Congrats on the good food week and the nice loss!

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • TeresaW1020
    @mswatson0777 Hey Girl! It’s so nice to have you back with us. <3 These are definitely some crazy times we are living in, so be kind to yourself when you step on that scale.

@cbabie, I hope you slept better and were able to get on your treadmill. <3

@theslightedgeforever, that is great that you have your preplanned menus. I need to do something like that. Planning my weekly menu is a big pain in the butt and when I ask DH and my mom what we should eat they say the same thing every week. No creativity!! :p

@trooworld Hubby asked me yesterday how many puzzles I have. Only 27!! :D I plan to keep the ones I really love so I can do them again and I might sell the others. Thanks for the skinny vibes! I think it paid off. ;)

Good morning! Yayyyy I lost 2 lbs this week! Now, I just need to make it happen again this week. :grin: I’m off to do my workout and then get ready for my Friday Zoom call with my IF group. Then I guess I will do some housework and start a new puzzle.
  • mswatson0777
    @cbabie Great job not going back for seconds, that is a huge win!

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss! It sounds like you must have started IF, how do you like it so far?

@trooworld I love that you've been able to focus on health during this time. I feel like I've gone the exact opposite way so I need to pick up on your energy!

@theslightedgeforever I love your comparison to the stages of grief because that is truly what it feels like. At first it was survival mode, but now I think I'm finally going through my mourning period. I don't think I've moved onto acceptance yet, because I just feel sad all the time unless I'm with friends, moving my body, or eating (which is what got me in trouble).

Thank you all for the warm welcome back. I hopped on the scale and it's not terrible but it's not great. I gained about 9lbs since my keto low (or realistically 6lbs once you factor in the water weight difference when you stop keto). I'm not going back to low carb (it was an experiment that just didn't fit with my life), but I am going to start looking more critically at what I'm putting into my body and trying not to rely on food to self soothe.

Mentally, I'm struggling. I miss seeing people. I'm mourning the events that would have been this summer and I'm mourning being able to do a physical activity I love. Frankly, I'm just sad. I was whining to my partner last night, and realized I need to do something about it, so here I am. If I can't control the world around me, at least I can control my reactions to it and my health. I need a "win" right now.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all..been a lazy day here today. I am not sleeping well, not much deep sleep according to Fitbit, so think that is what is catching up with me today.

@mswatson Glad to see you back. It sounds like you are still very busy, even with the virus worries. I have also gained about 6#. I was doing well at the beginning of stay at home, lost a few pounds, then dd & gkids came for the summer so we could keep gkids busy while she worked from home here. I have gained it since the end of May. I know I snack more, but also I will not weigh my food around the gkids, so probably bigger portions also.

@theslightedgeforever Great getting back to more disciplined carb cycling. Glad you are back to losing.

@trooworld Hope it is good news that you will be back to work. Glad, too, that your bathroom may soon be ready to go. 20# loss is great!

@TeresaW1020 Congrats on the loss. Seems like you are getting into the flow with IF. Still don't know how you manage such long fasts!!

@cbabie Hope things settle down so you can get better sleep. Been pretty hot here, too.

One more week of gkids, then we will take them home. Some ways I am so ready!! & yet not, because hard telling how long it will be before we are able to see them again. At this point, I am figuring we won't be going for gs birthday the end of Oct, Like we would normally do.

Think part of my stress is thinking of dd (kindergarten teacher) & all the gkids going back to school. Really worry how that will all work out. I can try to maintain my "bubble", tho.
  • trooworld
    Hello everyone! Happy Saturday. Not much going on here. I'm attending a virtual WW meeting and then picking up groceries. That's about it! I'm hoping this week will be better: I only lost 0.6 lbs today. I guess that's better than a gain.

@TeresaW1020 27! Wow! :) Congrats on the loss, that's awesome!

@mswatson0777 My losses have been up and down but overall, down. Jump on board the train! :) I know what you mean about missing seeing people: I've been so isolated, I only go to the grocery stores and back. I went twice to visit friends at a coffee shop but decided it was too risky to do that. So now, I don't see my friends and only text or call them. :( I'm glad I'm going back to work on Aug 3rd. I hope you find your "win".

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yes, it is great news, although it will only be part-time to start. :/ Thanks: re the loss. That must be stressful, thinking of your dd and the kids. Not much you can do but stay safe yourself.

COMMITTED.
    July goal: get at least 7 1/2 hours of sleep every night, drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
  • TeresaW1020
    edited July 2020
    @mswatson0777 I know about the mental struggle of dealing with this virus and have also had to figure out a way not to wallow in what I’m missing out on and instead look to what I can control. For me, that is my fitness and weight. Your weight gain isn’t bad at all and you will get that off. I gained 10 lbs back when I stopped Keto which told me that it really wasn’t for me. I love carbs too much to give them up forever anyway. :grin: I have been doing IF for over year but a lot of that time I wasn’t clean fasting, which I totally do now. For me, it is taking away my diet mentality that I have had most of my life and teaching me that this is a lifestyle that I can do forever. :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt Learning to do longer fast takes practice. We call it building your fasting muscle. :grin: It is totally understandable that you are worried about your daughter going back into the classroom. I’m dealing with a COVID scare right now. See my post. ;)

@trooworld YES it’s better than a gain! I know you know better than to say “only” when talking about weight loss. But I get how you feel. Next week!! <3

Good morning! Well, we have canceled church for tomorrow. Our children’s director may have COVID. She has several of the symptoms, like no taste or smell, and feeling really yucky. She had a test, but the results haven’t come in. And since, she was with us at our last staff meeting we figure better safe than sorry. :# In other news, I don’t have much planned for the weekend now except to mop my floors and other household cleaning fun. I will workout in a minute and I plan to fast until dinner. We are having BBQ pork ribs and homemade coleslaw. <3
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited July 2020
    @TeresaW1020 Oh no. I hope your Childrens director will be OK & the rest of the staff also. Are you having to self isolate? Are you being tested? Your supper sounds delicious!!

One encouraging thing for me is back in Jan-Feb, I think I told you guys that my gd had walking pneumonia, then regular pneumonia. Learning all the symptoms of Covid now, dd would bet money that gd had it then, she had most of them. & if so, all of them, & including dh & I were exposed then, and no one else got noticeably sick. Dh & I were not as exposed, as we just stopped over for a little while to check on her & she wasn't really near us that much, so I am not counting on that. Hopefully any immunity lasts longer than they are now saying, lol.

Oh no!! Dh is back to making peanut brittle!! Have to wear my mask so it doesn't go in my mouth!! :D

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,560 Member
    morning! I am sorry I missed stopping in yesterday..It got away from me. I am here today! LOL. I just got off the treadmill about 10 min ago and it is so hot and muggy outside. We were supposed to have storms, but they passed by with a little bit of spit. However, we did have a double rainbow over us. It was beautiful. However I tried to get baby to "see" it, if she did she didn't talk about it.

@RetiredAndLovingIt You might be right about our immunes. Back in December I was so sick, haven't been that sick in forever. But who knows. Yes leaving gkids is always a 2 edged sword. LOL

@trooworld congrats on the loss, a loss is not maintaining or gaining so it is GOOD.
    How do you like the virtual WW meetings?

@theslightedgeforever yea I know I need a back up..it's more about time. So could be during nap time I get some video workout done..it's too hot after the morning to work outside. Great job on the loss. So ya'll are losing and I think I am gaining LOL

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry to hear about the children's leader. Well it was a good choice to not have services..I will keep all of you in prayer. I started to clean everything that comes in my home, food, anything..and I still do, but I am not as picky.. I had to get into my mind that I do the best I can, but if God can't keep me no one can.

@mswatson0777 In reality the gain really is not that much and I think everyone that has been on shut down had the same reaction..LOL otherwise we wouldn't see all those memes and pictures of before and after COVID..LOL. I agree also its like grieving and feel like I have been grieving since 2013 when my mom died.

Cbabie
  • mswatson0777
    @RetiredandLovingIt That has got to be so stressful having your family go back to school in person. I'm also struggling with looking ahead and wondering when I'll see my family next, cause I can't imagine this is going to be any better over the holidays this year.

@trooworld Great job losing, I'm glad to join you back on the train! How do you like the WW virtual meetings?

@TeresaW1020 So sorry to hear about the potential COVID case, definitely better safe than sorry. I hope social distancing measures kept you safe at the last meeting you were in with her. And thank you for your kind words. The gain FEELS like a lot, but I recognize I'm probably the only one who sees/notices it.

@cbabie Thank you for your kind words on the gain. I'm feeling better about it now that I'm taking control again, because I was feeling like I was in an out-of-control spiral that I did not like. I feel like I do a good job of reversing when I hit my "panic" number (for me it's 160). Now I just have to learn how to say on the lower end of my range!

Happy weekend all! I meal planned, grocery shopped, and read my book for a bit this morning. After my first full week back at the office it feels good to be at home. The first week back went better than expected. It helps I like my job and my coworkers and it was nice to see everyone. It also helps this promotion came with a bigger office with window with a view which definitely helps my mood. I'm still worried about when students come back on campus because I'm expecting a significant outbreak, but I guess we'll see what happens.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2020
    @trooworld woohoo on your loss. That's 0.6 closer to your goal. Plus look at all the good choices you made this week to get there.

@teresaw1020 Having my preplanned meals from last August onward helps. I was successful using them so it should work again, right? Yaaaay on your loss. Your hard work is paying off. Oh, sorry about your children's director. Hope it comes back negative. Seems like every week someone I know or their family is being diagnosed or they had to quarantine because they were directly exposed by someone. At least I learned something out of all this.

@mswatson0777 It has been interesting to watch people either gain or lose during this pandemic. I know both types of people. I was in the gain group. I'm getting ready to read a book on acceptance and commitment therapy. I ran across an article that was really good and thought I think I need that. lol I loved the little meme about rain.

https://businessinsider.com/how-i-used-acceptance-and-commitment-therapy-cope-with-pandemic-2020-7

Make your "wins" small so in the beginning you have lots of them and they will spur you onto bigger wins. Celebrate everything you are doing right.

@retiredandlovingit So what steps will you take to get back to losing? I was looking at my monthly reports and you can see in mid Feb I started to slip when I gained when I took steroids while being sick. Then that sent me into a spiral for the last two weeks then came stuck inside for March/April where I did alot of baking. Still stuck inside May/June but decided I needed to just maintain. Now here in July I'm starting to lose again finally while I'm stuck inside. Did I mention I'm still stuck inside. lol I was too sick at the beginning of the year and don't want a repeat. So I'm being more cautious than some. yeah, I'm of the camp where too soon for kids to go back to school. I saw in des moines where they were having some kind of "drive" protest. A bunch of cars were all lined up. I think the same thing about me in Jan-Feb, I think that's what I had like your granddaughter. But like you say about immunity, it doesn't seem to be once you get it don't have to worry about it. I wish it was like that. I'm ready to go out and eat breakfast with my best friend.

@cbabie Yaaay for getting on the treadmill. So on the back up plan, video is a good choice. On YouTube there is so many to choose from and they are all free. Plus there are videos that range from 5 min to 45+ min. It's good to have a list of them by time so if all you have is 10 min then you go find a 10 min video you like instead of browsing the site for 5 min looking for a good one. (I've done that) Right now you may have to do little snatches of exercise instead of a 30 min video "Baby" might be like me. Mom used to always try to show me things that I would never see til they passed by and then she would get mad because I didn't see them. Dh tells me I still do that. lol I just look at him and say oh well, next time. He gets mad too. lol I don't know why they are mad. They got to see it.

Well that took forever. But that's what I get for missing a day.

Green Day- Stayed OP 229/238 Intentional Movement: 30 min walk

July goals: Green dot day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water o:) Burn 165 cals via movement o:)
    Preplan food o:)
  • trooworld
    Hello all. Friday night, we got the good news that insurance approved the claim, and work can begin again on our bathroom. We will finally have a shower/bathroom again after not having one for a month! I'll be so relieved. I'm so sick of going to my brother-in-law's to use the shower or worse yet, washing in the sink. :/

@TeresaW1020 Yes, rookie mistake when I said "only" lol! Oh dear, I am glad you canceled church, definitely better safe than sorry! :( I'll be thinking good thoughts for her. Your dinner sounds delicious!

@RetiredAndLovingIt Yeah I read something that said that you can get COVID more than once. I hope that isn't the case. Definitely wear your mask so that peanut brittle doesn't pop in your mask!!!

@cbabie Yay for the treadmill. I love to see rainbows, they make me happy. The virtual meetings are okay, they are pretty good, better than nothing. I guess I like them lol.

@mswatson0777 I do like them, they aren't the same as being there in person, but I do feel a connection to the people now that I've gone to the same one for months. I do like that I can go to many different ones all over the country. But like I said, it's not the same as being there in person. I'm glad your first week back went well.

@theslightedgeforever Thanks! Yes, that's what you get for missing a day, so don't miss days!!! LOL

COMMITTED.
  • JoDavo66
    JoDavo66 Posts: 526 Member
    Hi all- I've just had a quick read off the last posts.

Stay safe with COVID. Our church is still via zoom. We still have some things just opening up now. Church wil be a while due to age profile of pur congregation- some others have opened with changes. @TeresaW1020

@trooworld sounds like good news on bathroom- we got ours done before Christmas but someone dropped something on the toilet lid & broke it- supplier no longet working so plumber trying to source one- been like thos through lockdown. At least it's useable. Hope your shower functioning soon
    @RetiredAndLovingIt my MiL thinks FiL had COVID- they couldn't find type of infection & he had symptoms- late Dec. 1st UK case was Jan- quite possible. They are saying that the antibodies don't have long tetm effect- just like other coronavirus eg 'flu & cold.

Take care all & stay safe
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld I think the best thing about virtual meetings is that if you don't like one leader then you could search for someone else that motivates you. You have been a trooper with your bathroom situation.

@JoDavo66 What good choices did you make today to get rid of some COVID weight?

Red Day Stayed OP 100/100 Intentional movement: 20 min walk

July goals: Green Dot Day o:) Drink 5 glasses of water :( Burn 165 cals via movement :( Preplan food o:)
  • mswatson0777
    @theslightedgeforever I love the article you shared, especially regarding "what will people say about you when you're 80". I want people to remember me as kind, supportive, loving, and a good friend. NONE of those qualities have to do with my body size, and I need to remember that when I'm getting down on myself. My body is not a reflection of myself and who I am as a person.

@trooworld That sounds really cool to be able to pick your meeting. The only meeting in my area was run at the senior learning center, so every time I went there it was me and a bunch of people in their 60s-80s. I definitely felt like the odd girl out! I'm so glad you're getting your bathroom back again, that sounds awful to not have a shower!

Happy Monday all! I'm taking a bit of a risk and getting my hair cut today. I'm going in for the first appointment at 7:45am after a weekend and we're both wearing masks so I'm mitigating the risk as much as possible. We had a wonderful weekend. It was so relaxing and refreshing. This week I'm actually going to kick my butt into gear and start working on grad school work again so I can get an outline out to my advisor soon.

I feel so fortunate I have my partner during this pandemic, without him I think I'd be struggling so much more than I am. He's so calm and keeps me grounded when the anxiety kicks in. My anxiety has very physical symptoms (my chest gets tight) which then makes me think I have COVID (I don't).

I hope you all have a great Monday!
  • trooworld
    @JoDavo66 Yes, definitely the good news we've been waiting for. Oh, that's a shame about your toilet lid! I hope the plumber can find one soon.

@theslightedgeforever Yes, that is another plus to the virtual meetings. Thanks, I've been trying to hang in there. It's been tough.

@mswatson0777 Oh girl, yeah, I can transport to NY or FL or MI or wherever I want to go for a meeting! It's pretty cool. The bathroom...it is awful. And there is no light in the bathroom, we have this little camping lantern in there for now. I've gotten my hair cut/colored since COVID hit too, I wore a mask the whole time as did the stylist and felt safe. I hope it relaxes you. That's great that your partner is so supportive. I can relate to the anxiety. Unfortunately, my husband tends to minimize my anxiety/not take it seriously which really pisses me off because it has a profound effect on my life.

COMMITTED.