Calorie Counter

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 2,652 Member Member Posts: 2,652 Member
    I have always loved Ed Sheeran's music. Here's a good article about his addictions. https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53553951
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,210 Member Member Posts: 4,210 Member
    @medusasnake Welcome to Non-Judgeville! There are increasingly new alternatives to AA being available--you can find many by googling. It's not my bag either--I interpret the philosophy as we humans are not good enough and I just think that's a bunch of *kitten*. Right now I'm trying to moderate after almost 5 months AF, and there are groups/resources for that as well. Sounds like life is really tough, but glad you found this group. Hugs...

@FeelinFooFoo (aka my virtual adopted daughter :-)) I know your post about advertising at inappropriate times isn't funny, but I JUST finished reading a rant by the dad of a 4 year-old who is mad that the ice cream truck comes around at 9pm he's getting his 4 year-old to sleep, who hears the jingle, starts drooling, and pops out of bed to chase the truck. It's a messed up world for sure.

Hi virtual adopted mum 👋☺

I can just picture that exasperated dad wanting to rip his own hair out cos of that ice cream van !! He should get ear plugs for her 😆
  • whitpaulywhitpauly Member Posts: 1,478 Member Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Hi All. I've been reading all the posts though I feel like I don't have anything to add. I'm so Coronavirus weary and sad about the state of the world and the US especially. Why are people so selfish? We could have had this done and over with if people would have worn their masks and acted responsibly like other countries. Why does it have to be political? Anyway I am going to eye dr then lunch with 2 girlfriends who are furloughed (flight attendants) so I am sure the wine will be flowing. I'm not using any of this as an excuse to indulge. They know I have to drive pretty far so I am sure there will be no pressure to join them. I continued to be inspired by everyone's stories so please keep sharing. Have a healthy day <3

You are absolutely correct and said everything I feel! 6:49 am in Vegas another 24, congratulations @Beka365 150 days is fabulous 💖
  • whitpaulywhitpauly Member Posts: 1,478 Member Member Posts: 1,478 Member
    Oops @Beka395 I'm terrible remembering numbers for more than 5 seconds 😳
  • Beka3695Beka3695 Member Posts: 3,161 Member Member Posts: 3,161 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Oops @Beka395 I'm terrible remembering numbers for more than 5 seconds 😳

If those 4 digits were not my phone # for 20 years I wouldn’t be able to remember them, either. Haven’t had that # in 10 years but it seems to still hang around 🤣
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,210 Member Member Posts: 4,210 Member
    Hi folks 👋 I'm on day 9 of the alcohol experiment. So interesting I love the videos and learning so much facts about alcohol. Some things I already knew but good to refresh my memory.

Glad to be sober today ! 😎 hope everyone is well. Oh, I'm also on day 1 of no nicotine. Gave my partner my nicotine replacement spray and I am so happy that I survived today at work nicotine free ! Feeling positive about quitting the nicotine.
  • nuffernuffer Member Posts: 393 Member Member Posts: 393 Member
    Good luck with the nicotine. Quitting tobacco was the hardest thing I've ever done.
    Some people might recommend quitting one thing at a time but whatever, you've got to do you!
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 2,652 Member Member Posts: 2,652 Member
    Yeah! Elton John celebrated 30 years of sobriety! If he can do it, we can too! <3 His movie Rocketman was quite good and showed how his addiction spiraled out of control.
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Yeah! Elton John celebrated 30 years of sobriety! If he can do it, we can too! <3 His movie Rocketman was quite good and showed how his addiction spiraled out of control.

I'm gona look out for his auto biography. It would make one intresting read !