Coronavirus prep

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    A question to those who have worn masks in public places for a longer time: do you get more skin irritation/flare-ups in your chin, nose or cheeks?

We got a mask advisory for public transportation on Thursday, and today a newspaper did interviews of people in the train. There was a woman who didn’t wear a mask, and her arguments included ”it will only be useful if everyone wears it, so I won’t wear it unless forced”, which, ?????? Can’t really understand the logic. Her other argument was that her cosmetologist/beautician had speculated on possible skin issues, which, again, I really wonder if they could be worse than the effects of covid-19.

Whether the mask causes pimples or other skin issues won’t affect my decision to wear a mask, but I got genuinely curious.

No, and I definitely would, considering both my skin's tendencies and the fact that I'm always wearing quite a heavy sunscreen which is getting rubbed by parts of the mask. Most of my masks are cotton, not sure if that makes a difference. The longest I've worn a mask continuously would be about two hours.
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    A question to those who have worn masks in public places for a longer time: do you get more skin irritation/flare-ups in your chin, nose or cheeks?

Quite the opposite, in fact. I have dry skin and lately I don't even need to use my daily face moisturizer.
    I wear cotton masks, if that makes any difference.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    kushiel1 wrote: »
    Gisel2015 wrote: »

Better safe than sorry until we get an effective vaccine

Do you really think we will get an effective vaccine? There's never been a vaccine for a coronavirus before, viruses mutate all the time, and we can't even get a decent vaccine for the flu half the time (it seems like anyway). Not to mention there will be no long term studies to see what effects any vaccine will have long term....just seems like hoping for a vaccine is a pipe dream at best :(.

It just doesn't seem realistic - and honest question, will you be happy to live the rest of your life isolated from friends and family? Because that could happen if we don't come up with a vaccine. I mean we can hope for a vaccine that is long term proven both effective and safe but what will our mental health be if we avoid all people/activities for so long? Will you be willing to take one that hasn't had any long term studies on it? Isn't that risking health issues just as much as Covid?

Reality is that some countries are now into a second round of lockdowns and restrictions. Doesn't seem like we'll be back to "normal" any time soon.
  • lokihen
    lokihen Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Diatonic12 wrote: »
    My cousin is taking more preventative measures than anyone I know. We call her CDC. She just related to us that we need to flush and run, especially in public places. It is the dreaded 'Rona mushroom cloud. Toilet plumes
    lift 'Rona droplets out into the atmosphere to be inhaled. They say, Ol' CDC to turn your head after flushing and run like hail. Just what we need. More multi-cr@p to worry about. :p

Until I joined MFP, I never thought of the dangers of flushing. Even before COVID19 someone argued you should always close the lid and then flush!!

I've closed the lid first ever since learning how many feet the droplets can travel from flushing. Ewww

Using a public toilet now? Absolutely not.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options

https://www.covid-19facts.com/?p=84714

What will it be today. Heads or tails.