What worked for you today?

Replies

• imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 348 Member
    MeganD1704 wrote: »
    Listened to a great podcast about fitness and it re framed my mindset. I don't feel so overwhelmed now and will continue to trust this process.

Do you recall the name of the podcast? I would like to listen as well!
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    MeganD1704 wrote: »
    Listened to a great podcast about fitness and it re framed my mindset. I don't feel so overwhelmed now and will continue to trust this process.

Do you recall the name of the podcast? I would like to listen as well!

Yes- so I preface this by saying it is Shaun T- however the podcasts are free and he only mentions his programs a few times + his advertisements that probably pay for the podcast. I wouldn't share if it was just a giant ad though :)

Podcast Name: Trust and Believe with Shaun T
    Episode 234 Finishing Strong
    Episode 222- How to mentally get through a tough workout
    Episode 216- 12 ways to stay committed all year
    Episode 214- three things to do after your workout for success

All of them are really good and got me back in the right mental headspace.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    Picking a really awesome playlist on apple music to get my lifting done. Yesterday I wasn't done work until after 11 pm and I wasn't sure how my 4:30 workout would go- but it was fire. Managed to lift 10 lbs more as well :)!
  • colieblossom
    colieblossom Posts: 84 Member
    Chating with a friend on the phone, wile walking. Then taking a longer walk so I can keep Chating.
  • Knowing that I had lunch planned and ready to cook and being able to augment my breakfast by 200 calories on a day when I knew I was going to be doing hard physical work before lunch. That way I didn't come to lunch starving and I feel pretty much okay and will be able to handle the usual dinner and snack regimen.
  • colieblossom
    colieblossom Posts: 84 Member
    I worked out to a youtube video today, and it helped ne get my cardio up a notch
  • Walking.
  • veggiepat
    veggiepat Posts: 127 Member
    Reading these wonderful posts and getting back on track! Thank you all!
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Getting up and doing exercise right away. I did nearly 90 minutes (30 minutes cardio tabata workout with Amy from Bodyfit, 25 minutes Scottish Ballet beginners 55+, 15 arms workout with light dumbbells, 15 minutes rowing - 3km) and was very pleased with myself.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Doing what the person above me did! :) Cardio Tabata with Amy from Bodyfit, and 15 minutes of abs. Thanks for the inspiration @charmmeth <3
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    went to steak place, no bread, loaded up vegetables on baked potato, ate very little of potato, mostly broccoli, peas, tomatoes, onions and cheese.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    veggiepat wrote: »
    Eating a vegetable with every meal. Kept me fuller.

Your user name checks out :D
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    Being sure to get all my protein grams!
  • Walking after dinner with my boyfriend. (Also, ASO ankle braces so my ankles behaved themselves.)
  • DecryingShame
    DecryingShame Posts: 31 Member
    Eating a delicious spinach salad for lunch and feeling really good about my food choice.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!