WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Pip, I like the original way best and the way with the rocker in the corner second. I don't like the one with the rocker next to the fireplace, but it might have just been the angle of the picture. It looked like the flow of traffic was blocked. Regardless, it is a beautiful room. You have a great sense of style.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Pip, I like the original way best and the way with the rocker in the corner second. I don't like the one with the rocker next to the fireplace, but it might have just been the angle of the picture. It looked like the flow of traffic was blocked. Regardless, it is a beautiful room. You have a great sense of style.

I agree, the flow is the best with the original version and easy to get out of the living room to get to the door or kitchen. Tomorrow I think I am going to try another way, by putting the couch where the cabinet is but at an angle, not fully up against the window. I will take another pic then
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Lisa))): May Awful Tuesday leave your life and become Terrific Tuesday in the future. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Arrange and rearrange if you’ve got the energy and are having fun with your new home. You’ll eventually find the layout you like the best or decide that rearranging now and then is fun. :heart:

It has been a long day, and I’ve had many errands to run. I’m ready for rest. I hope tomorrow is an excellent day for us all.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    B)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Barbara
    Thinking of you and Joe, hope all is well and that the procedure is successful.

Kim
    Hope your mom's procedure also goes well. So glad the fires are under more control. Sounds like you've got a heatwave on its way for the weekend, hope it's cooler in your neck of the woods than in the rest of California. Those vegetables from the camp look absolutely stunning, and I don't even LIKE vegetables!
    :smiley:

Marg
    Welcome back to MFP, and welcome to the group. I'm so sorry for the death of your husband, but it does seem you've been able to get through your grief, and are clear-eyed about your own needs. I'm pleased that having your sister live with you is a good option. My sister and I would last for about a week. OK, maybe two. But living with each other? No.

The non-replaced knee was giving me fits yesterday afternoon and evening, ice, propped up, the whole bit. This morning it feels fine. I appreciate it and not questioning it.

This is my morning where I actually have to leave my house. I will also have to put fuel in my car today for the first time since early June. Amazing. Grocery store, package store, and gas station, not necessarily in that order. Debating on whether to make bread today or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow, as there's a little babysitting necessary.

Happy Friday all, past, present or future,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    Im up.having my tea and I have no plans today other than clean and do laundry and probably go to the bank
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Marg Welcome and thanks for sharing your story.

Heather Glad your Grands get to go back to school and you chose to be careful.

Lisa My bestie fights knee problems. She is tolerating her good knee as long as she can.

Rebecca Your sis's art is amazing. It does make a unique art decoration. I wish I had kept all the sheet music I gave away.

Pip I love your furniture arrangement and decorating ideas. It looks so friendly.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    Margaret I also think that finding out on FB is better than not knowing. I have many old friends with whom I keep in touch on FB. I wouldn't necessarily be on their contact list, but we all know what is going on in each other's lives. I think asking them when it suits them or when they are ready for visits etc is an excellent idea.

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :)Heather,
    We have no government rules here, either, but we have chosen to isolate for safety. The only people who have come into our house are the regular friend who walks the dogs and we distance from her, and the cable TV repairman who kept his distance and wore a mask. We have been in no one else's home. We go to three stores to shop for essentials and to essential medical appointments. I think you are wise. I know many others in our age group who have similar guidelines including distancing from grandchildren.

Hi Marg,
    You have found a perfect community for support, encouragement, and friendship. Glad you have found a solution to your concern about living alone. So sorry about the loss of your husband.

:) I plan to dance this morning. I have the music ready and a list of favorites planned. The room where I dance shares space with Bernie's litter box, so I swept and mopped at bedtime so the floor will be good for dancing. Later I'll ride my exercise bike and continue knitting the blanket I'm making for Project Linus. This one is pink and red.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    (((Lisa))): May Awful Tuesday leave your life and become Terrific Tuesday in the future. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Arrange and rearrange if you’ve got the energy and are having fun with your new home. You’ll eventually find the layout you like the best or decide that rearranging now and then is fun. :heart:

It has been a long day, and I’ve had many errands to run. I’m ready for rest. I hope tomorrow is an excellent day for us all.

I used to rearrange my furniture in other apartments I used to live in back in the day. I was like being in a new apartment without moving. It’s Funyuns, the feel and colors of the furniture would b totally different if I didn’t have a black dog. It dictates the colors I used because of his shedding and all the hairs. Everything would b light colors, not so dark. Kinda like farm style and shabby chic
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,087 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Although we have government restrictions, they have been somewhat relaxed. However, like yourselves and Heather we have chosen to isolate, and have had only socially distanced contact with others. We use one large centre which has an early seniors’ hour, and our local smaller centre. Both centres have strict social distancing rules in place, but we wear masks indoors. It’s seem the sensible thing to do at our age. (Both 74). We have no intention of changing that until we feel safe, and have a healthy cynicism about the efforts to ‘open up’ again.

I also plan to have a wee dance later. I try and find time to do that most days. I have a playlist of videos to which I like boggie.

Pip: Your comment about moving furniture took me back to our early married life. DH never knew where the furniture would be when he came home as I had a habit of frequently rearranging it.

☘️ Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marg: Welcome to a great group of supportive women. Post often and get to know us. I am so sorry to hear that your DH passed away unexpectedly in November 2017. It sounds as though living with your sister is good for both of you. Where are you located? We have many friends from around the world, USA, CAN, GB, Tasmania . . . :flowerforyou:

Barbara: I hope things are going well for you and Joe. :heart:

Lisa: Have a good day fueling up your car, running errands & shopping. :flowerforyou:

We have only left our county once since the pandemic began, and that was for my colonoscopy several months ago. DH has some medical appointments in another county & that will make our second trip out of county. Ours has had a few confirmed CoVid 19 cases and one death. We’ve been doing much better than many other places in our state. DH has some upcoming medical appointments that are likely to take us into counties with more CoVid related deaths. It worries me.

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I've been having trouble getting to these forums with my phone lately.

I have a second date with Steven on Wednesday. We are meeting at the beach.i hope it won't be crowded. Normally the kids would be back in school, but this year is so crazy.

He asked me my comfort level with touching in the days of Covid. How bizarre to pre-negotiate a simple kiss! We both have been really careful, so it's a risk I'm willing to take. But I'm nervous about it. Maybe we should disinfect our mouths with a shot of whiskey first!

So I guess I have to try on the old bathing suit. So not looking forward to that part.

Annie in Delaware

Annie Just my opinion but forget the old bathing suit. Get a new one that works with your current look. Some of the skirted ones are so flattering and paired with a tankini top look amazing. I think a two-piece is liked by guys unless you wear one of those one-pieces that cover nothing. A two-piece can be shorts and a tank top made from nylon/spandex and look stunning. If you know his favorite colors, then that always helps. Most guys don't like busy patterns. The only patterns I had that the guys liked was the one with fish skeletons on it. I loved that old tankini/shorts suit. The other was the pirate skull and crossbones. Anyway, good luck and just be yourself. I am not sure disinfecting your mouth would help if one or the other has COVID. It sounds like a fun date! Sending good energy for a wonderful date and a long-lasting relationship if he is the one.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I have been binge watching 'Yellowstone '. Its on par with 'Longmeire'. I am in season 2 and emotionally invested.👍
    Husband's birthday was quiet, but nice. We are having leftover lasagna tonight.

Its in the 40/50's at night, so I got out the throw blankets for the bed. Summer is officially over. It was about 1 week long here.

Hugs to y'all!
    💖Rebecca

I loved Longmire and like Yellowstone. I grew up on a mountain ranch next to an Indian reservation and never remember any problems, but shows have to have a storyline. My favorite in Longmire was Lou Diamond and his continual soiree. I hadn't heard that word in years. My dads side of the family was French and French Canadian and they never said birthday party it was always Faye's Birthday Soiree. I never really looked up the meaning until I watched Longmire and I can say my dad was being sarcastic because my birthday parties were boring and I still had to do chores.

Faye, my eldest sister lives in Great Lakes Montana. I took a 19 hour train ride last September, and being from lil' ol' Whidbey island, I was a bit starstruck by its BIG SKY! I felt so out of my element! When I drove her big truck to a neighbor's one homestead over, I used a turn signal as I turned from sisters long driveway. She about died laughing on THAT one! I was like what? You have to inform people when you're turning! She looks around, Who? It snowed so I just let her dress me, for I had no snow apparel. Watching Longmire, and Yellowstone helps me understand the people she has to deal with. I talk with everyone, and she told me to hush up a couple of times. As it was, the lady that worked at the book sale at the library called her a week later to buy one of her paintings. She paints glorious birds on vintage sheet music. They had some sheet music at the book sale.👍. I had showed the lady her work, and her and a friend had purchased some. It was my "see it helps to be outgoing" moment.😁
    💖Rebecca

How interesting! I lived in Montana in the 70's for a couple of years. Is Great Lakes near Great Falls? I love Montana but it is just too cold for me. I was back there in 2014 to visit a friend and do a guitar workshop. Sometime about 1995 I took a vacation for two weeks and traveled the entire state and went up into Alberta. It is so vast and such a diverse and interesting landscape.

Your sisters art sounds so interesting. I would love to see some of it. I love art and decided to do a black and white study of my American Indian GG Grandma. Not sure I can bring it around to what I want. I spent 3 hours in it today and think I have lost my touch. My bad eyesight doesn't help either. Songs birds on sheet music. that is so cool and would fit in so many places properly framed.

Faye Mid North OR
    7hp1aouhcz4y.png

Oopsy, I meant Great Falls!😁. Here is an unframed recent one, and an older framed one. She is a talented sort!
    7q4kmdvm61x4.jpg
    zchb92qb9s7s.jpg
    💖Rebecca

the pictures are so AMAZING!! Thank you for sharing