WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Lee's mom is still going strong at 85 years old!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: pooches down drive in am, twice, before livestreaming church,
    Bonus: fruit and veg prep,
    Get to do: get outside chores before it gets hot, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, type up ABN update form and addendum, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, measure potential greenhouse space and distance to outlet, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    6: focus on healthy choices: smoothie for breakfast, veggie and cheese tray for dinner, didn’t do resistance training or weights.
    7: remember its ok to be not ok: cried a little on Tracie’s shoulder in a text, for the first time in awhile don’t feel like paying bills/filing/clearing papers off from desk.

Got the pooches down the drive before church, but then dinked around til it was too hot to weed, Having some discomfort in same old trouble area, from right shoulderblade down to armpit and up to neck. Small wonder since no Chiro or massage for the past month. Decided a reasonable balance between keeping Joe safe and the self-care needed to keep me functioning would be to return to monthly Chiro and massage. Meanwhile, Advil, hot tub and stretching will tide me over til next week’s appointments. T’ai Chi, BB&B, line dance, these I can all do at home by myself. Chiro and massage not so much.

Kate, so sorry to hear of your wrist and bruised face. Sending positive vibes for a “good” clean break with no surgery needed. Orthopedists are, imho, like physical therapists, the most cheerful of sadists. If you have an iPhone, can you speak posts into it?
    Thanks Lisa! Doubt I could talk Joe into one, guess we’ll just have to wait for the rains and do another burn barrel full. I sure hope the friend of a friend was mistaken. Will keep looking, but noticed that Windex now advertises itself as “ammonia free” when it used to contain “Ammonia-D”.
    Lanette, not sure how long Joe is limited, could be for the six weeks it takes to heal. Will ask at his next followup on Friday.
    Machka your ideal travel situation sounds just right. I used to enjoy traveling alone, even overseas. Joe won’t fly or take a ship, so that’s out as I no longer desire to travel alone. After our last camping experience (too crowded, too noisy) our favorite travel destinations are down the highway 3 miles to the beach before sunrise, or across our parking area to the picnic table up under the trees. ;)
    Pip sounds like you found the ideal location!
    Julie so glad your get away was overall restorative.
    Katla picking up after horses? Really? OMG!
    Welcome @diamonique2! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale?
    Barbie :love: the grumpy kitty pic!
    Tracey :love: the little girl pics. What joy!
    Rebecca :love: the clan pics, but best is Athena Rose’s cute little butt!
    Karen in VA, my SIL also follows the Nebraska through the lens page. Posted a stunning pic of Smith Falls by Valentine, NE.

OMG just opened the DDS’ estimate for if he has to replace the bridge when filling the cavity. $4700+. Thunk. That’s more than the water system upgrade we’ve postponed for the past year. Think I’ll ask him to estimate chances, and what would be downside to just not filling the cavity.

This doesn’t do it justice, but the wildfires make for some pretty sunsets:
    nutx8paax5ap.jpg

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: better than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 6, weigh: 6, steps>5491=4169 vits=5.5 log=6 CI<CO=4 CI<250<CO=2 Tumble & Shadow 5=4 mfp=6 outside=5 up hill=6
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=1 dance= clean 30 mins=.5
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=1 play= sew=
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    teklawa1 wrote: »
    RV Rita.... Your post about your husband not welcoming being 68 hit close to what my husband and I are dealing with right now. My DH will be 80 in November and is very bummed about turning 80. It's a shame because he is active for his age and it seems so pointless he's bummed by something he has no control over. A month after he turns 80, I will turn 70 and I don't mind looking my age. I like my life and feel more comfortable in my skin as I get older.

Betsy in NW WA

You have a good outlook! I take a certain amount of comfort seeing my Mom's face in the mirror as I age. 💖💪😁🎶🎵
    💖Rebecca

If I saw my mother's face in the mirror, I'd be rather startled .....

..... I look like my paternal grandmother. :smiley:

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    My post disappeared I have been MIA tripped in garden broken wrist bruised face. Trying to use iPad with left hand very difficult. Can’t do my hair and face is black and blue. I’ve skimmed through all pages so sorry if I don’t comment Will try to keep up. Hopefully will be a bit less painful when they put a full cast on only a temporary one at the moment

Kate UK ❤️

So sorry!
  • Machka9
    Beautiful spring Monday ... 23C and sunny when I went out for a 4.2 km walk at lunch. A bit breezy, however ... 30 km/h gusting to 50 km/h.

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited September 2020
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Beautiful spring Monday ... 23C and sunny when I went out for a 4.2 km walk at lunch. A bit breezy, however ... 30 km/h gusting to 50 km/h.

M in Oz

It was 113 in our area today- we are not used to this- another hot one tomorrow but hopefully not quite as hot as the last two days- Glad we have fans(only have air conditioners in the guys rooms- because of their electronics heat their rooms so bad)-
    Almost 10PM and the fan is still going and the front and back door open
    The good thing- the fires are now over 85% contained

Debbie
    Napa Valley
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Barbara: I have ridden in horse drawn carriages in two places—Central Park in NYC, and Victoria BC. In both places, there was a bag under the horses back side. When it pottied, the poop dropped into a bag that was tied on the traces. I need to double check that term. The horses were comfortable and the streets were poop free.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited September 2020
    @auntiebk I started going to my osteopath in July I think. We both wear a mask and I presume he washes his hands between clients.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited September 2020
    Ok this is really a back to work week. several meetings and things to take care of, mails to read, calls to make, etc. some quite urgent. a truckload. Since I unexpectedly took the week off last week, that doesn't make it lighter. At present I don't regret the extra week off. Needed some more fun and exploration after such a challenging school year before facing the new one.

I tracked this morning. I had a rather calorific breakfast, instead of the usual cereal I had a sort of salad: banana, cake, seeds, almonds, a wee bit of gorgonzola, 1/4 small avocado, soy yogurt, protein powder, fruit sweetened jam. it was good.

I am dragging at home -was catching up on FB that I've been mostly off of all of august at least. I friend in her 40s got a major skin infection from swimming in freshwater.

also played spades online. not ideal way to start work week. better than some addictions.

I wanted to clean 1st but I'm gonna go for a walk, get a coffee and come back to work, clean, etc.
    It's sometimes comforting to see people before starting work day, when living alone.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    edited September 2020
    Did 35 minute Dance aerobic workout after morning meditation. Weather set for wet until about Wednesday (as per Windy.com).

DH is 74 on Saturday. We shall crack a bottle of Prosecco and have smoked salmon, steak and stir fry veg for dinner. He is fit, active, and healthy, but he does have thyroid/prostate issues. He does feel his age at times, but is philosophical about the aging process. He shares my view that keeping active is important, which means he is in tune with my efforts.

Kate: Ouch! Hope your wrist mends quickly
    Machka: Ideal Travel Situation:
    Large Self-catered house with mod cons, and Sea views, big enough for family, on the outskirts of a small coastal town or village with nearby shop(s), bar/restaurant, a good body-boarding beach, lots of scenic walks close by, And good weather. Basically our annual family beach holiday on the West Coast of Ireland.

😍 All the photos
    Rebecca: Fine looking family.

Time to move again, then have breakfast.
    Later: 25 minutes interval walk/jog. 🚶‍♀️🏃‍♀️🚶‍♀️🏃‍♀️🚶‍♀️🏃‍♀️🚶‍♀️

😎 Hope you have a productive day 😎
    q9meeni6p84d.jpg

☘️ Terri
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Photos from View From My Window and Nebraska Through the Lens:
    w4erdmxql0dg.png
    icv1rxmntfjy.png
    kgyqo59s7uhf.png

Have a loverly day, my friends!

Karen in Virginia

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    <Faye was here
    txceiimyl660.jpg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Morning ladies
    Im awake and just checking in, the ladies want to to the winery this afternoon and im going to beg off.. im just not in the mood..I had a hard seltzer the other night but mostly have been alcohol free..I worry about Trudy because she can put away a whole bottle of wine.. but i dont say anything...
    Im hoping i hear from my nephew when he gets back ftom N.H. so we can return the barbie washer/dryer. The thing is tiny and i need a regular washer and dryer..
    Well im going to get up and have a cup of tea...toodles
  • Machka9
    edited September 2020
    bffvchikxyn6.png

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    @swan57-Welcome!

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Did Dressed Up Drills DVD today. It seems that this DVD is basically the same thing but different lengths of workouts. The plan for tomorrow is to do a body pump video

Rebecca – we were just talking about this last night! It grates on my nerves to hear a radio announcer or someone who works with the public say something like “my family and me went to vote today”. Now I’m a little bit more forgiving when it comes to grammar or punctuation, but not Vince!

Decongestant really helped with the dizziness yesterday so I figured “guess it reduced the sinuses enough” so I didn’t take one last night. Got up this am and had a little bit of dizziness, not as much as yesterday, so took another decongestant.

Starter update: still little activity. Unfortunately, Fed Ex screwed up and sent my starter to Ohio so it wasn’t delivered yesterday and I bet it won’t get delivered today since it’s a holiday. Boo…I’ll have to wait until tomorrow.

Bananas – I’m sure your osteopath washes his hands

Terri – happy birthday to your dh

Throughout our house we have light wood floors. I really wish there was something I could put on the floors that would prevent water spots from showing up. I get sick and tired of cleaning the wood every couple of months just to get rid of these water spots

Swan – welcome. I’m so sorry you were in the hospital. You will get that weight off, that’s for sure. It will just take a while, but don’t give up (hard as that is)

Think we’re going to Jess’ storage unit to put things in it.

I want to run this by Vince to see if he thinks Ken would like it for Christmas, but I was thinking maybe I’d make him a latch hook with a music note on it and frame it.

Michele NC