What We're Eating

Replies

• donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Breakfast: a banana and a cup of tea with collagen peptides.
    Second breakfast after bike ride: egg and cheese on an everything bagel with hot sauce. Iced cold brew with a little milk.
    Snack: oat milk latte.
    Lunch: never-ending vegetarian chilli (not complaining) with sour cream and tortilla chips.
    Snack: half a caramel sea salt Kind bar.
    Evening: a glass of vino verde and you guessed it a mini mint ice cream sandwich. TGIF!
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Aww Ath sorry it's been rough. Meal planning even eating out might help and choose carbless or lower carb items. I have fallen off my clean eating this week. I haven't gone over my calories, but just eating bleh😧 So don't feel alone. I am starting fresh on Sunday with carb cycling. I really neec to reboot my attitude 😎
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,222 Member
    Breakfast: Sausage McMuffin and hot chocolate

Lunch: Nothing (late breakfast)

Dinner: Either the frozen pizza I stuffed into the freezer or order in. Whatever I don't do today I will do tomorrow. Easy weekend because Monday is Mabon and I am making a nice meal for myself and a friend.

Snack Options: Hot chocolate, tea, or cider. Pretzels, cookies, popcorn, nuts, apples, dried mango, dark chocolate, RX bars.

I have to be careful with going low carb. Too much fat and I am stuck in the bathroom with horrible stomach cramps. I also can't have too much protein due to a medication I took (and still take occasionally) that can cause kidney issues. Like one meal or one day of eating low carb is fine. I just can't do it over and over without having problems. I have so many issues lol
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,601 Member
    @Athijade Given your circumstance, it might be best if you could work with a dietitian who could design a program that works with your meds and health issues. I wish you the best and hope you can get that type of help.

@gallicinvasion I'm guessing you are talking about the sad news of the death of RBG. She was such a strong leader and role model for us all.

Pre-logged this morning:

B. Hot herb tea. Bran cereal with banana, milk and splenda.

L. Tuna salad sandwich. Batch cooked chicken vegetable soup. Coffee with milk.

S. Chobani greek yogart topped with chopped strawberries.

D. Premier chocolate protein drink.

Activities: 5 minute AT arm workout plus 2 sets of overhead lifts with my 15 lb weights.

@hawksgirl229 Thank you for your encouragement. I'm happy to see progress toward my weight goal.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Must be something in the air..last night my popcorn turned into that and about half a bag of cheddar jalapeño potato chips..Just couldn't stop😔 So today just feel kinda gross..any who
    Breakfast
    2 slices aldis low carb bread (really like this stuff) with cinnamon sugar and a cup of coffee
    Lunch
    A pork chop on the grill, side salad with balsamic vinegar, warm apples and a diet coke
    After lunch
    A cup of coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Dinner
    A pumpkin smoothie with drizzle of caramel and dollop of cool whip
    Errands and yardwork..no workout today is my rest day..Might hit a trail or yoga tomorrow...
    HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE 🌻
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Breakfast: cup of tea with collagen peptides, then sourdough toast with avocado, tomato, and a boiled egg. Baby carrots and mini bell peppers on the side.
    Snack: instant coffee with oat milk, some TJs oatmeal raisin cookies.
    Lunch: two spring rolls and vegetarian pho.
    Snack: a chocolate digestive (cookie).
    Evening: a glass of Chardonnay and some more TJs cookies. Two pieces of licorice.
  • sal10851
    sal10851 Posts: 171 Member
    kbushe3221 wrote: »
    Breakfast
    Pumpkin latte & a banana

Lunch
    Apple & trail mix that I bulked up with extra walnuts

Dinner
    Leftover mashed potatoes with a hard boiled egg chopped and mixed in (weird, but good) and a side of tomato slices

Snacks
    Beef jerky, dark chocolate square and planning on a couple beers later on tonight

Looks healthy but there is no volume! I'm sorry but I would feel starved with such little amount of food for the calories and nutrients involved. I'm eating at a deficit with vigorous exercise and I struggle to eat the amount of food I need to eat. High calorie dense foods just don't cut it for me.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Breakfast: Overnight oats with collagen powder, 0% fat high protein vanilla yogurt and a half cup chopped peaches.

Lunch: Chicken souvlaki and salad with pita.

Dinner: Beef stir fry with cauliflower, peppers and onion.

Dessert: Rootbeer float with Kraken and Fireball.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    @Athijade - Keeping you in my thoughts!! It's so easy to get sidetracked or derailed, especially with everything going on in the world, people's personal lives, etc. First and foremost is to remember to be kind to yourself! And we're always here if you need to vent or need support. <3

@hawksgirl229 -Thanks for the kind words! We try to do most things homemade and I really love baking. Wish I could share with you all!
    Also, what's your pumpkin smoothie recipe, if you don't mind my asking?? I've been on a massive pumpkin kick recently with fall weather setting in and need to know. B)

@asthesoapturns - Your entire menu today sounds delicious. I've never thought of doing a spiked float like that, and now feel like I absolutely need to!
  • rainingribbons
    edited September 2020
    Yesterday -
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: 6 triscuits with mesquite sliced turkey, pepperjack cheese, and a small apple
    Lunch: Leftover beef and mushroom stroganoff
    Snack: Black tea with milk and sugar
    Dinner: Homemade chicken tikka masala over rice with 1/3 piece naan

Today -
    Snack: ......Ruffles. Maaaaany ruffles. Do NOT make the mistake of grocery shopping without eating first. ._.
    Lunch: Leftover chicken tikka masala over rice with 1/3 piece naan
    Snack: Grande caramel macchiato
    Snack: Lemon and ginger tea
    Dinner: 3 egg omelette containing onion, red bell pepper, spinach, 2 slices of turkey, and shredded swiss with another cup of lemon ginger tea.
    Snack: .......more Ruffles.......

Never buying Ruffles again because it's become quite apparent I have no self control. :|
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    @asthesoapturns - Your entire menu today sounds delicious. I've never thought of doing a spiked float like that, and now feel like I absolutely need to!

Thanks. It was a tasty day. The mix, Kraken and Fireball is usually with Coke and called a Cannonball, but I prefer to make it with root beer or Dr Pepper, and I do a half ounce each. I like my drinks weak which does work for the calories.

Forgot my snack, was a tall half sweet pumpkin spice latte. When I remember to get pumpkin I'll make my own with actual pumpkin in it, very yummy with black tea... and a little Kraken or Fireball doesn't hurt if there's mood and calories to spend.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,222 Member
    Breakfast: None

Lunch: Leftover Thai from last night (as planned)

Dinner: Frozen pizza

Snack Options: Hot chocolate, tea, or cider. Pretzels, cookies, popcorn, nuts, apples, dried mango, dark chocolate, RX bars.
  • rainingribbons
    Thai sounds so good now after reading your post! Anyone ever made homemade pad Thai and have a favorite recipe?? Plz send.

Lunch: The new Cheetos Mac and cheese with turkey bacon sliced up and added in
    Snack: ......more Ruffles. On the bright side the bag's nearly out and it's the last one!!
    Later snack: Earl grey with milk and sugar
    Dinner: Slow cooker pot roast with potatoes, celery, carrot, onion, and steamed green beans.
    Dessert (maybe): Mint hot chocolate with a smidge of whipped cream
  • hawksgirl229
    @rainingribbons
    Protein powder (vanilla) mine is 2 scoops, 1/2 cup 100% pumpkin pie canned ( I pre-measure it and freeze until I need it, then I nuke it until it is semi frozen), water, ice, 3 tbls sugar-free Torani pumpkin pie syrup, pumpkin pie spice to taste. In the blender until milkshake consistency. I like to put cool whip on top, drizzle caramel syrup and sprinkle some pecans on top..This is basically it..One of my favorites this time of the year. Water and ice I start with 1 cup of each and adjust up as needed..I go for a thick consistency.🍂 🎃
    How was the cheetos mac and cheese. I saw it yesterday at Walmart.
  • hawksgirl229
    Breakfast
    2 slices Aldi's no carb seeded bread, toasted with butter and apple cinnamon jelly. 2 cups coffee with Splenda and half and half.
    Lunch
    1 slice of self-rising frozen pizza (3 meat), large side salad with balsamic vinegar, and a large diet coke.
    After lunch
    1 more cup of coffee with Splenda and half and half during the bears game ( Husband is a fan)
    Dinner
    Pumpkin pie smoothie with a drizzle of caramel, cool whip, and some pecans on top..x2 my husband wants this also..
    Happy Sunday everyone..
  • shermikes98
    shermikes98 Posts: 69 Member
    B-venti americano coffee with almond milk
    L-1/2 margarita flatbread pizza, strawberries & turkey stick
    D-Taco Salad my favorite

Making wings for just in case
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Hello all 😎
    "No carb for me day"
    B-egg with 4 egg whites scrambled no carb aldi bread sammie
    L-Hummus low carb wrap with light sour cream
    D-2 93/7 hamburger patties with cheese and peas
    D2- all beef hotdog with a light amount of mozzie cheese
    S- halo top ice cream pop
    calories:1200ish ended with 50 carbs 50 fat and 100 protein 💪
    No workouts on Sunday
    Need to keep working on the veg and fruit situation but whatevs😼
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,601 Member
    B. Hot herb tea. Scrambled egg, bacon, sliced banana.

L. Batch cooked spaghetti meat sauce over whole wheat pasta with topped with parmesan. Coffee with milk.

S. Smoked almonds.

D. Premier chocolate protein drink.

Carbs = 71 protein = 65 (too low)

Activities 15 lb overhead lifts 2 sets of 5. and 2 sets of 15 lb curls. Pool cleaning.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    edited September 2020
    My plan for today:

Breakfast: pumpkin pie overnight oats with brown sugar and roasted edamame

Lunch: spaghetti squash with goat cheese alfredo sauce and Italian chicken sausage, plus roasted garlic green beans

Snack: peaches and blueberries, plus an almond protein bar

Dinner; pasta with fra diavolo sauce and chicken meatballs, the last bit of roasted sweet potatoes+carrots+onions, and two little Brazilian cheese bread bites

Dessert: a cookies+cream ice cream sandwich, plus some blueberries and graham cracker crumbs

Should end the day around 1,760 calories and hit my protein goal of around 95 I think.