September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

Still no results! Next challenge starts Monday. The first distance is 7k. Not bad at all, just wondering how I can safely complete it without harming anyone else, in case I am positive.

I usually have problems with sleep maintenance but last night, even after such a long nap in the middle of the day, I slept all 9 hours, straight through. That is very abnormal for me, though it was really nice.

@themrwobbly what a great freaking haul! How did you manage that?!?!?? I would not have said no, rotfl. Absolutely not!

I ordered some sleeves from oiselle yesterday. Pretty excited about them and definitely wished I had them last year. And now I definitely wish I had ordered them when they were on sale this summer lol.

*sigh* would really like to try to run today but where and how?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @katharmonic I think we all have days that are particularly emotional for us. Glad you were able to leave work early and get in some nature time. It sounds like a wonderfully calming day.

@Camaramandy648 Maybe you should take today off, since you are feeling so tired and your next challenge starts tomorrow. But, you do you and don't listen to me. LOL I'm the world's worst at being able to talk myself out of running.

Today was supposed to have been my first HM. Looks like the weather would have been perfect in Dayton, OH. Upper 40's. Oh well. Maybe next year. I had planned to do my long run today, as we are having similar weather - lower 50s, high lower 70's. But, I'm going to play tennis this morning instead. I'll see how I feel when I get home.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    9-1 7.2k slow
    9-2 7.2k easy
    9-3 7.2k moderate
    9-4 7.2k measy (between moderate and easy)
    9-5 7k measy
    9-6 7k easy
    9-7 rest
    9-8 7k marathon pace
    9-9 7k marathon pace
    9-10 7.2k marathon pace
    9-11 7k marathon pace
    9-12 7k marathon pace
    9-13 7k marathon pace
    9-14 rest
    9-15 7k measy
    9-16 7k measy
    9-17 7k easy
    9-18 7k easy
    9-19 7k easy

September Total: 120k
    September Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k

2020 Total through August: 1408k / 176k per month

Sunny, low 40s F and frost on the roofs this morning. A very pleasant morning to run.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 which sleeves did you get? Last year I got the luxe free with an order and OMG they are so awesome

I think I'm taking the weekend off (might walk the dog). Yesterday's run I had trouble taking in deep breaths. It lasted most of the day. My head is stuffy and my ears are crackling and won't pop. I felt very warm yesterday afternoon but no fever. (My office does get warm but it felt warmer yesterday than normal)

@RunsOnEspresso i think they’re the cirrus or something. I’m pretty excited about them! I don’t like wearing a lot of layers but i also despise being cold. Hopefully this will be a good happy medium.

@quilteryoyo i really want to take today off but i want to run more 😞

@Scott6255 how did you manage running in such a way where you did not put others at risk?

I run on trails mostly, so was thinking if i did that, id be avoiding people anyway, right?
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 I have a pair of [cheap] sleeves and love them for Fall. Especially that I can push them down if I get to warm.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 how did you manage running in such a way where you did not put others at risk?

Not really sure what you mean, but I seldom see many people when I run, and if I do I just give them a wide berth or cross the street.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso I hope you feel better.

@Scott6255 Congrats on your awesome HM time! The hard work is paying off.

@katharmonic I hope your friend did well. Glad you had a good run. It's great to hear about the nicer running weather in a lot of places.

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    13.3 miles this lovely morning. Ahhhh, 63°F felt so good. I just tried to enjoy it. Turned out to be the fastest HM since November 2018 (sub 2 hour), but it felt pretty easy. Just 10 - 15 degrees makes all the difference in the world 😁. The pain, sweat, and tears through the summer turned out to be just good training.
    That's some great payback from all of your hard work!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Way to crush that 2nd HM @polskagirl01! With such a hilly course it is amazing that you were 4 minutes faster than last week! 👏👏💪
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Great job, @polskagirl01 !!!